Man City V Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man City V Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Man City continued their crazy season as they were beaten 1-0 by lowly Sunderland , almost unbeatable at home , away from the Etihad Stadium, they have just one win in six games with four defeats ...not a good sign if you want to challenge for the title , manager Manuel Pellegrini knows he must improve that record ...and fast .

Tottenham were stunned at White Hart Lane as Newcastle won 1-0 thanks to an early strike by Loic Remy , despite an astonishing 31 shots on goal by Tottenham ...with 14 on target they could not hit the back of the net , it was a result that manager Andre Villas-Boas felt a little unfair , he said .."the result is unfair for what we did"
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Man City thrashed Norwich 7-0 in their last PL home game and I think will also beat Spurs but not by such a big score line!

Man City 3-2 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm forecasting a Man City win here. The second half against Newcastle was encouraging, but there does seem to be a lack of balance about Spurs at the moment. I remember watching us beat them at WHL last season - without a doubt the best game I went to last season.
City do blow hot and cold, so I'm not giving up on the chance of a draw. However, the realist in me says Man City 2 Spurs 1.
Pickleman1967

Postby Conner99 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:12 pm

a couple of big games for Tottenham with this one first and then Man Utd ...Man City have a 100% record at the Etihad so it will be difficult for Tottenham .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:34 am

pressure is on spurs and they've had big trouble finding the back of the net. you can guarantee home goals though so the best i predict for spurs can only be a 1-1 scoreline.

would represent a good result for them but i reckon Man City will nick the win.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby bonita3g » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Seventh and Eighth placed Tottenham and Manchester City will face the big match of this EPL weekend. Liverpool derby may be treated as a big match of this week from the traditional point of view but this match is much bigger if we consider the season. Both Manchester City and Tottenham have heavily invested their funds in transfer window. They are the serious title contenders. Especially Manchester City is the top favorite beside Chelsea in this season to win the league. But unfortunately both teams are place in 7th and 8th. They must avoid any defeats in tomorrow match. Manchester City will be definite favorite for this match. There striker Aguero is in great form. He was named October's player of the month by EA. Where as Tottenham is searching for goals. They just scored 9 goals in 11 match where 3 of them came from controversial penalty decisions.There creative midfielder Eriksson was badly injured in friendly international match and will be left out of the team. No major new injury for City though. Their Nasri is closing to his best form again, this is a good news for them. Tottenham may face tough battle to win any points in Etihad.
bonita3g
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:17 pm

I'm hoping for a draw of course! And theyw ay both team have been playing that amy be the scoreline. It will be a lot harder for Spurs to contain Aguero though. 1-1
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Has home win written all over it

2-0 City with Aguero getting both.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Has home win written all over it

2-0 City with Aguero getting both.

Well I would agree that home win is the obvious choice here, however rumour has it that Spurs will play 4-4-2 with Adebayor coming into the fray. If true the Spurs stand a chance...
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Teams

Man City:
Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Nastasic, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Negredo, Aguero.

Subs: Hart, Lescott, Richards, Guidetti, Garcia, Milner, Dzeko.

Tottenham
Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Holtby, Lamela; Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Chiriches, Dembele, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Adebayor, Defoe.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Man City continue to leave out Joe Hart and have no English players in their line up.

Tottenham have dropped Andros Townsend to the bench and have opted for Lamela instead while Adebayor is also included!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:39 pm

HT

Man City 3-0 Tottenham

It was a disaster for Spurs in the first half conceding a goal after just 14 seconds!

1-0 Navas 1'

2-0 Sandro 34’ (o.g.)

3-0 Agüero 41'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Spurs have brought on Adebayor and taken off Holtby while Man City's Lescott has come on for Nastasic.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Hams wrote:HT

Man City 3-0 Tottenham

It was a disaster for Spurs in the first half conceding a goal after just 14 seconds!

1-0 Navas 1'

2-0 Sandro 34’ (o.g.)

3-0 Agüero 41'

Merely getting warmed up, this is where we turn it around, Adebayor hat trick.

Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Sorry Pickles!

Its now Man City 4-0 Tottenham.

Aguero with his 2nd.

I wonder if we are going to see a repeat of the 7-0 against Norwich?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Got to say ,the turn by Negredo was sublime for that 5th goal!
Let me tell you something! The commentators talk about why Saldado isn;t scoring more goals and they talk about service being the problem. So what does AVB do ,take off Holtby and brings on Adebayor ffs! What a joke! If you take anyone off you it should have been Paulinho who's been crap! I am sure i am not theonly one who has seen the chemistyry between Holtby and Defoe in recent times ,so i can;t see why AVB hasn't used that combo more. They woiuld have run them bigger MAn city player ragged with Lennon playing like he started. Another thing i have a problem with you goit that lumberjack vertongen playing on the left wing ,but i could have sworn i saw Asser Acotto playing for int'l duty in the week! Bizarre!

Just heard Townsend wasn't injured either which is even more baffling! If that's not a frim indication that AVB is a bit lost then i don't know what does! he has all the parts to put city in dire trouble and he never used them.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:41 pm

FT

Man City 6-0 Tottenham
1-0 Navas 1'
2-0 Sandro 34’ (o.g.)
3-0 Agüero 41'
4-0 Agüero 50’
5-0 Negredo
6-0 Navas 90'

What a win for Man City and terrific display today by Sergio Aguero who was man of the match.

Tottenham had only conceded 6 league goals until this defeat and also had the PL's best defence.

Any comments on this result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Well at least we avoided seven, so we are better than Norwich! I think the only positive to come out of this is that AVB will now be under massive pressure to make some major changes in the way we play. My poor old brother went to see the game, it was a dismal display. I think he wishes he hadn't bothered.
I agree with some of Specnur's remarks, except his comments about Vertongen who is a fine dependable player for Spurs 99 times out of a 100.
Too many players, especially in defence, had a mare today. I'm not calling for AVB's head, lets see how he reacts to this defeat and the changes he makes.
Bring on United! :?
Pickleman1967

Postby redpelt » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Well at least we avoided seven, so we are better than Norwich!
Bring on United! :?

:D

I admire the way you sift through the wreckage to salvage a positive....In
this climate of fickle fans and even less patient owners you're a breath of
fresh air mate ,and I commend you for your optimism.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Damn right chap, one of the reasons I (is it just me?) love football is the chaos. Tonight there will be thousands of Spurs fans saying AVB must go. If we beat Man United next week the same fans will be singing his praises, saying he has seen the error of his ways and has outwitted Moyes in a brilliant tactical battle. It might happen! Long live football! :wink:
Pickleman1967

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League