West Ham v Fulham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Fulham

Postby Conner99 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 pm

West Ham fans had another miserable afternoon as they saw their side well beaten by Chelsea at Upton Park , the 3-0 defeat had manager Sam Allardyce commenting after the match "If you make the sort of mistakes that we made against a team like Chelsea, then we can only expect to lose. We made too many big mistakes and gifted them the first goal . "

The result leaves the Hammers in 17th place and only 3 pts off the bottom of the table .

Fulham lost again and had some fans calling for Martin Jol to go , a 2-1 defeat by Swansea at Craven Cottage meant an 8th defeat in 12 league games and unless things start to improve soon it could be a miserable christmas for Martin Jol ..he said after the game ..."If you don't score, you can't win games. They had players missing and we had the chance to beat them. You have to take the opportunities in this league and we didn't."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:09 pm

This is now a massive relegation 6 pointer. If we can't beat Fulham at home there is no way that we will stay up this season

I don't know if Joe Cole will take any part in this game after there were reports today that he was angry and wanted to leave.

All we need now is for another of our former players in Scott Parker to do a Frank Lampard and put in a man of match display!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:19 pm

I understand that Big Sam had the players in last Sunday for an extra days training so lets see if they will respond in a positive manner.

West Ham 1-0 Fulham.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Fulham have some real fire power up front, when the lazy tykes can be bothered to put in a full shift. West Ham have a problem with scoring, one shot on target last game. Both teams struggling to get a win, I'm taking the obvious option 1-1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:14 pm

i am worried about Bent and Berbatov. i can't imagine we'll keep a clean sheet, despite my optimistic prediction in the predictions thread.

therefore we'll need to do the impossible and actually score,. not once, but twice.

incidentally, Joe Cole is fine and doesn't want to leave. more media bullshite.

we simply can not afford to not win this game. all out attack and take them by surprise. 3-0 CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Did you know that West Ham are unbeaten in their last eight Barclays Premier League games against Fulham at Upton Park (W4 D4).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Teams

WEST HAM:
Jaaskelainen; Demel, Tomkins, Collins, McCartney; Jarvis, Diame, Noble, Downing; Nolan; Maiga...

Subs: Adrian, Collison, Taylor, Morrison, O'Brien, C.Cole, J.Cole.

FULHAM:
Stekelenburg; Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Richardson; Duff, Sidwell, Parker, Kasami; Taarabt; Bent...

Subs: Stockdale, Senderos, Ruiz, Kacaniklic, Karagounis, Boateng, Dembele.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Breaking news!

West Ham will start with a striker in Maiga :shock:

I'm not happy though that Ravel Morrison has been dropped to the bench along with Joe Cole after last weeks incident.

If anybody should have been dropped it should be Kevin Nolan.

Dimitar Berbatov is out for Fulham and reported to be unwell.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:15 pm

HT

West Ham 0-0 Fulham

The Hammers were the better team in the first half but again were unable to make any of their chances count.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 pm

FT

West Ham 3-0 Fulham
1-0 Diamé 47’
2-0 C.Cole 82'
3-0 J.Cole 88'

The Hammers win the District Line derby in what surely must be the end for Martin Jol.

Will comment more when I've seen the highlights. - Any thoughts on this West Ham win?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:54 am

I thought Mo Diame played well and deserves to keep his place in the team.
Stuart Downing also put in a good shift and was unlucky not to score but I'm sure it will come soon.

It was good that Maiga started and that we played with a striker even if he didn't do that well
as it gave our side a focal point and the opposition defenders something to worry about even if it was only Fulham

Kevin Nolan had another very poor match and was brought off early again and should now be dropped.

Who would have thought that we would ever see Carlton Cole back at the club and scoring but he does look a bit over weight.

We next play away at Crystal Palace on Tuesday night and i see no reason why we couldn't take all 3 points there.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:19 am

Allardyce out .... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:22 am

a decent win but it was against a truly dreadful Fulham team. i don't think they had a single shot all game.

Maiga had a good go and Downing had his best game yet but i wont be getting too carried away since our opponents were abysmal. Palace will provide a far sterner test, without a doubt.

the game tipped fully in our favour once Morrison and Joe Cole come on and gave us a taste of how that old 4-3-3/4-5-1 system would work once Carroll comes back.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:30 am

just seen West Ham had 23 shots on goal against Fulham ...12 on target ...Fulham got off lightly really .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League