Cardiff v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Cardiff v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Cardiff enjoyed an unexpected point as they drew 2-2 with Man Utd , a last minute goal by Kim Bo-Kyung gave the home fans plenty to celebrate at the final whistle ...manager Malky Mackay praised his side for being `very brave` and it kept Cardiff in 15th place in the table

Arsenal will travel to Cardiff with their Champions League destiny still in their on hands , a 2-0 win against Marseille means a point will guarantee them a place in the knockout stages ...manager Arsene Wenger though will now focus his players on maintaining their four point lead at the top of the Premier League .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Arsenal will need to be wary of Cardiff's set pieces but should win with Ramsey making an impression at his old club.

Cardiff 1-2 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Yep, I think Cardiff will be bullish after the draw with Man United and won't let Arsenal have all their own way. Cardiff 1 Arsenal 2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Did you know that only one of Olivier Giroud’s 18 Premier League goals has been scored outside London.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:51 am

Cardiff away has proved tricky for some of the top sides this year but I suspect we'll have enough to overcome them.

2-0 Arsenal
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Teams

Cardiff:
Marshall, Taylor, Caulker, Turner, Whittingham, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Mutch, Cowie, Theophile-Catherine..

subs: Lewis; Hudson, Cornelius, Odemwingie, Noone, Gunnarsson, Bellamy

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud..

subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Flamini, Walcott, Gnabry
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Flamini has been dropped to the bench
was it as a punishment because he cut the sleeves off on his shirt against Marseille in the CL?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:18 pm

HT

Cardiff 0-1 Arsenal

Ramsey headed the Gunners in front on 29 minutes to give Arsenal the lead at the break in the Welsh capital.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:12 pm

FT

Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal
0-1 Ramsey 29’
0-2 Flamini 86’
0-3 Ramsey 90'

Arsenal go 7 points clear at the top of the table.

Aaron Ramsey put in another tremendous display and was
even applauded by the Cardiff fans for not celebrating his goals against his old club.

Any comments on this Gunners victory?
Last edited by Hams on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Unbelievable!
Ozil will get looked upon as a hero in this game ,but him and Cazorla lack of intensity in the second half made this a very nervous game for me. Sublime assist for the second goal by Ozil ,but the player was a flipping passenger for large parts of this game. Passes were crap by him and Cazorla against Cardiff ffs! I know the premiership is tough all over ,but not that tough that those players couldn't domainate big cloggers in the middle of the pitch like Mutch and Cowie ffs!
Anyway , good result Ramsey massive again with two beauties ,good to see Walcott come on and make a mature decision in not going for the goal and get himslef an assist. A much needed win as most of our competition for the top spot are playing easy games also.

OH yeah incredible save from chesney to keep us in the clear , maybe save of the season!
Last edited by specnur on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby gibgob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Something interesting to look at with Arsenal is that they have only played Man Utd away with regards to the top teams and then only having played Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton at home they have had such an easy draw so far this season. They really could not have asked for an easier one. The question is, will they start falling in Jan,Feb and Mar with their run in? I think they will.

Granted they can only play what is in front of them.

Hams wrote:FT

Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal
0-1 Ramsey 29’
0-2 Flamini 86’
0-3 Ramsey 90'

Arsenal go 7 points clear at the top of the table.

Aaron Ramsey put in another tremendous display and was
even applauded by the Cardiff fans for not celebrating his goals against his old club.

Any comments on this Gunners victory?
gibgob
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby stpremiership » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Get reception for Ramsey
stpremiership
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:35 am

gibgob wrote:Something interesting to look at with Arsenal is that they have only played Man Utd away with regards to the top teams and then only having played Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton at home they have had such an easy draw so far this season. They really could not have asked for an easier one. The question is, will they start falling in Jan,Feb and Mar with their run in? I think they will.

Granted they can only play what is in front of them.

Without question they will falter!
Especially with the likes of Ozil and Cazorla not doing their share of the workload !
If they can get some sort of chemistry in the next few weeks we may have a chance to at least lose as many as our nearest competition do ! I think we need to buy in January to maintain a positive outlook and some competition for places!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 am

I thought Aaron Ramsey was incredible once again and is the best player in the PL at the moment.

What was also extraordinary was that Cardiff's fans actually applauded his first goal against them and celebrated it.

Its not often that a player goes back to his old side and is given such a warm return and the Welsh fans deserve credit.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:19 am

a great win for us and it has been a good weekend ..with Man Utd , Liverpool and Tottenham dropping points . The save by Szczesny was so important as it would have made it 1-1 and given Cardiff a big boost , but we made the game safe with the Flamini goal ...what a goal too ! ..another two from Ramsey ...surprising reception for him really .

I also totally understand the criticism by Specnur of Ozil ...for a guy worth £42 million he should be making mincemeat out of teams like Cardiff , apart from a few great touches he was not that good against Cardiff ..I do however think that he has given us an extra edge in games and his passing and vision has made us more dangerous in games ..is he worth all that money though ...time will tell I guess .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Hams wrote:I thought Aaron Ramsey was incredible once again and is the best player in the PL at the moment.

What was also extraordinary was that Cardiff's fans actually applauded his first goal against them and celebrated it.

Its not often that a player goes back to his old side and is given such a warm return and the Welsh fans deserve credit.

i cringed.

what is wrong with these people? their club concede the opening goal of the game and they applaud the opposition goalscorer?

by all means clap him at the end of the game but to applaud his goals during the game was absolutely breathtaking. i despair at football these days, i really do.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm

I did think that rather strange ....ok ..so he used to play for them but to clap and cheer when their team has conceded goals is a bit wrong I think , I mean I still have respect for Robin Van Persie but i was cursing him when he has scored against us ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Last week they booed Ryan Giggs who is a local when he played there for the first time with Man Utd but Ramsey had no such problem on Saturday!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:24 pm

isn't Giggs from North Wales?

my knowledge of the country is rather limited but i think the Southern Welshmen look down upon their more Anglophile Northern countrymen.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Conner99 wrote:a great win for us and it has been a good weekend ..with Man Utd , Liverpool and Tottenham dropping points . The save by Szczesny was so important as it would have made it 1-1 and given Cardiff a big boost , but we made the game safe with the Flamini goal ...what a goal too ! ..another two from Ramsey ...surprising reception for him really .

I also totally understand the criticism by Specnur of Ozil ...for a guy worth £42 million he should be making mincemeat out of teams like Cardiff , apart from a few great touches he was not that good against Cardiff ..I do however think that he has given us an extra edge in games and his passing and vision has made us more dangerous in games ..is he worth all that money though ...time will tell I guess .

Thanks for having the balls to agree with me Conner!
When i criticized the price tag for the player and really wonder if he was good enough for Arsenal ,i actually expceted him to make mincemeat of teams like Cardiff! I didn't even think he would be as bad as he performed in this game! It's troubling because games like this should be building blocks in his confidence when he comes up against the tougher teams!

People will look at his stats and this game in particular is a clear example of how misleading stats can be, because what they don't tell you that outside of his assists ,he was very poor! His lack of impact in open play (as well as Cazorla's ) put added pressure on out other players which could lead to injury or fatigue later on. I would like to think Arsenal are on top of the league and clicking as a unit ,but that is not the case. And i am sure we'll lose our position on top over the next 2 months if 1) we don't buy additional help and 2) those two player mentioned don't pull their weight oin the pitch.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League