Chelsea v Southampton

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Southampton

Postby Conner99 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Chelsea were too good for West Ham as they won 3-0 at Upton Park , it moved them up to 3rd in the table and Jose Mourinho was happy with his team "today was a 90-minute performance. We looked very solid from the first minute."The points are important, and the way we played. We are right in there, we are not leaders, but we are right behind."For me, everybody did a fantastic job for me. The team was really good".

Southampton lost 2-0 to leaders Arsenal at the Emirates , a bad error from keeper Artur Boruc who failed to clear a backpass and allowed Giroud to nick the ball to put the Gunners 1- 0 up , gave Southampton the worst possible start ..one that they never recovered from ...only comfort is they are still 4th in the table .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Oscar was excellent during Chelsea's 3-0 win at West Ham but he will have some much tougher opposition in Southampton.

Jose Mourinho gave the excuse that his players were very tired after the CL defeat to Basle so expect several team changes.

Chelsea 3-1 Southampton
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:08 pm

Did you know that Chelsea have lost none of their last 15 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge (W12 D3 L0).

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Teams

Chelsea:
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Essien, Ramires; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres..

subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Schurrle, Willian, Ba

Southampton:
Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Ward-Prowse, Lallana (c), Rodriguez, Osvaldo..

subs: Gazzaniga (GK), Yoshida, Lambert, S. Davis, Cork, Chambers, Hooiveld
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Chelsea 0-1 Southampton

Jay Rodriguez has put the Saints ahead after just 1 minute!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:18 pm

HT

Chelsea 0-1 Southampton

0-1 Rodriguez 1'

Is Jose Mourinho going to lose his unbeaten home league record as Chelsea manager?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 pm

FT

Chelsea 3-1 Southampton
0-1 Rodriguez 1’
1-1 Cahill 55’
2-1 Terry 62'
3-1 Ba 90'

John Terry scored in 400th premier league game for Chelsea who put it a good 2nd half display.

The ex England international is now also the highest scoring defender in PL history with a total of 34 goals.

Any comments on todays Chelsea win?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby gibgob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Pretty comfortable for Chelsea. As usual everyone goes over the top because Chelsea makes a terrible error and let Southampton in for their only shot at goal and then in my view play great to get back into a 3-1 position. The Chelsea midfield was excellent with Ramires running the show in midfield with the excellent Hazard and Mata really pulling the strings. Our full backs were great today also.

I think its ok to want the under dog to do well, I just wish people would use common sense when they post on twitter......best team won comfortably....
gibgob
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:36 am

I don't use Twitter ...but I am sensible enough to know a 1-0 lead is never enough against any team and Chelsea were not likely to go through the match without at least a few chances to get back into the game . In the end they overturned the deficit and won quite comfortably .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League