Arsenal Truth

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal Truth

Postby gibgob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Arsenal Truth

Is it just me or are people jumping on the band wagon with regards to Arsenal. Why do people say they are playing the best football and have a great chance this year when they have only played Man Utd away as a top team (and lost) and have only played Southampton and Liverpool at home so far this season! As of todays post they have played these position teams in the league:

20th, 19th, 18th, 17th, 16th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 4th.

They have had such an easy run in and it is no wonder when you look at say Chelsea and they have had AWAY: Man Utd, Everton, Spurs and Newcastle. Then at home they have had Man City and Southampton.

Much tougher games and my prediction is that come Feb and March you will see Arsenal slip away from the race at the top and drop down into 4th or lower. That is my prediction with them having this schedule in that time frame:

8th Feb through Apr:

Southampton V Arsenal

Arsenal V Crystal Palace

Liverpool V Arsenal

Arsenal V Man Utd

Arsenal V Sunderland

Stoke V Arsenal

Arsenal V Swansea

Tottenham V Arsenal

Chelsea V Arsenal

Arsenal V Man City

Everton V Arsenal

We will see them drop points at this stage. That is my prediction....thoughts?
gibgob
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm

i agree that Arsenal have had a very kind fixture list so far - the same can be said of Everton actually.

however, momentum is a powerful driver and i think the confidence they have gained from their run of results will see them push for a considerable time yet. i don't expect them to win the division and predicted them for 2nd pre season. i think that or 3rd is most likely once the toil of winter kicks in.

if they finish lower than 3rd it can only be because of a dramatic collapse.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Re: Arsenal Truth

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:40 pm

gibgob wrote:Arsenal Truth

Is it just me or are people jumping on the band wagon with regards to Arsenal. Why do people say they are playing the best football and have a great chance this year when they have only played Man Utd away as a top team (and lost) and have only played Southampton and Liverpool at home so far this season! As of todays post they have played these position teams in the league:

We will see them drop points at this stage. That is my prediction....thoughts?

would your opinion change if we had beaten Man Utd .. ?
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League