Crystal Palace v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Crystal Palace v West Ham

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Crystal Palace lost their last game 1-0 away at Norwich in what was Tony Pulis's first match as new manager.

West Ham beat Fulham 3-0 at Upton Park in what was a much needed victory for under pressure Sam Allardyce.

Any comments or predictions?

Can The Hammers win back to back games for the first time in this campaign or will their poor away record continue?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 pm

BACK TO BACK WINS.

CRASH BANG WALLOP WE'RE GONNA STUFF THEM!!!!!!!!!11!!!

WIN WIN WIN WIN! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Steely Hill wrote:BACK TO BACK WINS.

CRASH BANG WALLOP WE'RE GONNA STUFF THEM!!!!!!!!!11!!!

WIN WIN WIN WIN! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

:lol:

Well played mate you have just put the dreaded confident post upon your team.

After that i'm now expecting a 2-0 home win.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm

I know Palace have just hired Tony Pulis as their new manager
and a brand new coach usually gives his side a big lift but I would be really annoyed to lose to The Eagles
especially when they have a strike force of Chamakh and Jerome.

It looks like this will be our line up.

...............................Jasskelainen...............................

Demel..............Collins...................Tomkins.............McCartney

..........................Diame.............Nobel.............................

......Downing......................Nolan.............................Jarvis

...................................Maiga.........................................
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:15 pm

i'd like to see Morrison ahead of Jarvis personally but i know that either way it wont matter because we'll storm this game and WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Hmm, tricky one. Pullis is an astute manager, but to turn it around so soon? C Palace 2 West Ham 3.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Crystal Palace 1-0 West Ham............second half under way .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Final Score ....Crystal Palace 1-0 West Ham , more woe for Hammers fans ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 pm

A poor show from West Ham, a much needed win for Palace. Before the game started there was talk on 5 Live that West Ham might try and persuade Jermain Defoe not to go to the MLS and sign him. I'm interested to know if West Ham fans would welcome back the 'Easy-O' man. I'm not so sure he would be the solution, not sure he would like playing up front on his own but he might work well with Carroll?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Bloody typical, Chamakh couldn't score in a brothel when he played
for West Ham on loan but then he goes and scores the winning goal against us!

We are now in serious relegation trouble if we can't even get a result at Crystal Palace.

The Hammers were well on top in the first half but once again couldn't stick our
chances away and went in 1-0 down at the break when the ex Arsenal frontman headed them into the lead.

You would have thought that we would come out fighting at the start of the 2nd period but it
was the home side who started the better and should have sealed the win and despite a late rally we couldn't break through.

This was another unacceptable performance and with Liverpool coming up next we are looking in a sorry state.

What I don't want to hear is our fans demanding that Andy Carroll is rushed back for this game as he is not match fit yet.

If they want someone closer to blame for this latest disaster then be critical of our so called captain Kevin Nolan.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm interested to know if West Ham fans would welcome back the 'Easy-O' man.

No
I would rather we ended up playing in League One than ever welcome that Judas back to our club again.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

Hams wrote:
I'm interested to know if West Ham fans would welcome back the 'Easy-O' man.

No
I would rather we ended up playing in League One than ever welcome that Judas back to our club again.

I think you are right mate, he is a limited player, and he was rubbish at the Lane when you thumped us 0-3!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 am

Steely Hill wrote:i'd like to see Morrison ahead of Jarvis personally but i know that either way it wont matter because we'll storm this game and WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My word , i wasn;t half wrong when i said this was one of the worst midfields in the game!
Even a Tony Pulis driven palace side got your number ffs! Embarrassing!
I see Morrison trying to do too much with the ball at his feet. The boy needs to learn to get the ball off his foot faster and keep the opponent off balance! Thought this game would be close to be honest ,as Palace would be more emotionally involved being one their few winnable derby match!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

I completely forgot to mention that we were robbed of perfect goal in the 2nd half by referee Lee Mason.

There was nothing wrong with Stewart Downing's effort but the official has denied it due to an off the ball incident?

What the hell is all that about? Just because O'Brien and Chamakh were doing a bit of shirt pulling with both culpable?

If we hadn't had that goal wrongly disallowed it would have been 1-1 and we would have been back in the match.

Saying all that though we were still rubbish and not one of our players wore West Ham's shirt with any pride or passion.

There is no fight in our team and it looks like they are just happy to collect their huge wages and don't care if we go down.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm

will have to watch Match of the Day to see what happened ...could have helped West Ham get at least a point .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Conner99 wrote:will have to watch Match of the Day to see what happened ...could have helped West Ham get at least a point .

It was one of the worst ref decisions this season! Just didn't see what that ref was loking at!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:45 am

having now seen the highlights it does appear the ref has not given the goal for a bit of pushing , not sure who was pushing who though..a bit harsh on West Ham really ..a fine goal it was ...or not as it turned out to be .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:30 am

as my legions of fans and observers will testify, i'll only offer my roar to victory style posts when i am genuinely fearful of a defeat. i had expected this to be a much tougher game than FUlham but Palace were every bit as crap as their West London buddies.

that we managed to lose that game speaks volumes for the ineffectivenes of our team to trouble opposition goalkeepers. Cole was a non-existant lump that won nothing, held nothing up and contributed nothing. it is little wonder he was let go and we've been playing with no men up front. i thought Maiga should have started and i can't understand why Demel was dropped for O'Brien. Demel offers more defensively and going forward so it seems like another example of Allardyce dropping players as a punishment rather than working towards a solution in which the players pay us back for their errors by a good performance on the pitch.

the ref was every bit as bad as the 22 players on the pitch. one of the worst adverts for football you'll ever see - and all that in the 'best league in the world'. aside from the Sunderland game, we'll hardly get any points from the next few games so Sunderland becomes even more 'must win' than this was which is an absurd situation to be in given our relatively comfortable run of fixtures up to this stage.

Allardyce will be a very concerned man indeed. 4/1 as next manager to go.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Steely Hill wrote:as my legions of fans and observers will testify, i'll only offer my roar to victory style posts when i am genuinely fearful of a defeat. i had expected this to be a much tougher game than FUlham but Palace were every bit as crap as their West London buddies.

that we managed to lose that game speaks volumes for the ineffectivenes of our team to trouble opposition goalkeepers. Cole was a non-existant lump that won nothing, held nothing up and contributed nothing. it is little wonder he was let go and we've been playing with no men up front. i thought Maiga should have started and i can't understand why Demel was dropped for O'Brien. Demel offers more defensively and going forward so it seems like another example of Allardyce dropping players as a punishment rather than working towards a solution in which the players pay us back for their errors by a good performance on the pitch.

the ref was every bit as bad as the 22 players on the pitch. one of the worst adverts for football you'll ever see - and all that in the 'best league in the world'. aside from the Sunderland game, we'll hardly get any points from the next few games so Sunderland becomes even more 'must win' than this was which is an absurd situation to be in given our relatively comfortable run of fixtures up to this stage.

Allardyce will be a very concerned man indeed. 4/1 as next manager to go.

Don't take a dig at my best league in the world reference pal ,just because your team brings down the market rating each week! There's is absolutely nothing Allardyce can do to knock us off of that lofty pedestal.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League