FIFA Team of the Year 2013

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

FIFA Team of the Year 2013

Postby Simply » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 pm

UEFA has announced their candidates for selection for the 2013 team of the year.

These 40 players have been nominated by the UEFA:

GOALKEEPERS
Petr Cech (FC Chelsea)
Thibaut Courtois (Atletico Madrid)
David de Gea (Manchester United)
Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern Munich)

DEFENDERS
David Alaba (FC Bayern Munich)
Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus Turin)
Dante (FC Bayern Munich)
Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund)
Branislav Ivanovic (FC Chelsea)
Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern Munich)
Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus Turin)
Filipe Luis (Atletico Madrid)
Vincent Kompany (Manchester City)
Gerard Pique (FC Barcelona)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Thiago Silva (PSG)

MIDFIELDERS
Gareth Bale (Tottenham / Real Madrid)
Ilkay Gündogan (Borussia Dortmund)
Isco (FC Málaga / Real Madrid)
Paul Pogba (Juventus Turin)
Mesut Özil (Real Madrid / FC Arsenal)
Nemanja Matic (Benfica Lissabon)
Blaise Matuidi (PSG)
Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund)
Franck Ribery (FC Bayern Munich)
Arjen Robben (FC Bayern Munich)
Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern Munich)
Yaya Toure (Manchester City)

STRIKERS
Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
Edinson Cavani (SSC Napoli / PSG)
Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid)
Falcao (Atletico Madrid / AS Monaco)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG)
Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund)
Mario Mandzukic (FC Bayern Munich)
Jackson Martinez (FC Porto)
Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
Thomas Müller (FC Bayern Munich)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Robin van Persie (Manchester United)

--------------------------------------------

Ordered by clubs:
FC Bayern Munich: 9
Borussia Dortmund: 4
Real Madrid: 4
PSG: 4
Manchester City: 3
Atletico Madrid: 3
Juventus Turin: 3
FC Barcelona: 2
Manchester United: 2
FC Chelsea: 2
FC Arsenal: 1
FC Porto: 1
AS Monaco: 1
Benfica Lissabon: 1

--------------------------------------------

Ordered by leagues:
Bundesliga: 13
La Liga: 9
Premier League: 8
Ligue 1: 5
Serie A: 3
Primeira Liga: 2

--------------------------------------------

Ordered by nationalities:
Germany: 8
Spain: 4
Brazil: 4
France: 3
Argentina: 2
Netherlands: 2
Columbia: 2
Belgium: 2
Austria: 2
Serbia: 2
Italy: 1
Portugal: 1
Uruguay: 1
Sweden: 1
Czech Republic: 1
Wales: 1
Ivory Coast: 1
Poland: 1
Croatia: 1

--------------------------------------------

Interesting nomination.... any comments?

Seems like the all german Champions Leauge final last season had huge impact on it... do you agree with that?

Pretty suprising that just two players of Barcelona made it into this list ...

Not a single english player was nominated. (!)
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Not a single English player was nominated.


Its a fix and i demand a re count!

Will come up with who I think should be in the Best XI of 2013 tomorrow.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37298
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 pm
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Seamus » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:16 pm

I am glad to see De Gea included. I Think he is a class keeper and has been overlooked since arriving at United, only now is he getting the praise he deserves. I Think United have found the keeper to fill Van Der Saars gloves and it is much tougher test as he had a better back 4 in front of him.
User avatar
Seamus
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Scottish Highlands

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Its a little surprising that Luis Suarez wasn't selected in the list of strikers to be considered for this team of the year?

Jackson Martinez?

Porto may have won the Portuguese league but that Championship is very weak now and not even Benfica and Lisbon can compete with them any longer.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37298
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 pm
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby eaman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:20 am

I think Suarez end to last season and start to this took him out of the running. Personally I'd have him in there based on the things he did in the games he actually played but maybe that misdemeanor lost him alot of votes
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby specnur » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 pm

League strength has nothing to do with this selection process obviously!

Thomas Muller ffs! Someone tried to tell me CHampions league has nothing to do with the voting!
How the hell is this player on the list ffs ,world class my ass!

No Ashley Cole, really ? But we seee Hummels ,Luis and Lichsteiner what a joke!

Ozil :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matic ,Matuidi, Schweinsteiger are you kidding me?????????

Martinez over Suarez ,theres your league bias right there in a nutshell!

PATHETIC!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15061
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Müller was a big part of the reason bayern won the treble and he has played well this season. He scored plenty of goals in big games which is a big part of your criteria for a top player specnur
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Here is my selection for UEFA Best XI team of 2013.


.........................Courtois....................................

Lahm...............Dante............Pique..................Alaba.

Robben............Yaya Toure..........Bale...........Ribery

.........................Ronaldo......Messi............................
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37298
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 pm
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:10 pm

eaman wrote:Müller was a big part of the reason bayern won the treble and he has played well this season. He scored plenty of goals in big games which is a big part of your criteria for a top player specnur


rubbish! CONSISTENCY in big games is my criteria pal ! he's on 2 mil a year and no big club has tried to shift that player from that team, with him being on such relatively miniscule wage packet for a so called world class player. What a joke!

In this rare case his wage packet actually indicates is actual worth on a market scale! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15061
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes he is consistently good in big games. He was good in all the big games I've seen him in in 2013 like the games against barca Dortmund and man city
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby Simply » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:19 pm

he's right specnur... Müller has a very unconventionally playing style, but he is one of the most consistent players I know...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Postby specnur » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Simply wrote:he's right specnur... Müller has a very unconventionally playing style, but he is one of the most consistent players I know...


Then you have a different idea than me my friend.
As much as this may go against many people's assumptions here ,i do not hate German players by default .I give credit where credit is due ,i even give Lampard credit for that back heel assist on weds setting up hazard, if Muller was a stand out player i would say he is ,but he has not been. He has shown up in some games and looked very but most of the time in the big games i have witnessed he has failed to impress me. Now that could be unlucky and i could have missed some big game perfromances ,but i don't think that is true . He did not impress me against Chelsea in any game ,and did not impress me at the Allianz v Arsenal where they lost 2-0.

There is a reason why he only makes 2 mil a year and no on has jumped all over him ,and it's because of his perfromances on the pitch.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15061
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:14 pm

I would have most of the team hams picked. I would change courtois for neuer pique for Felipe Luis and toure for robben
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby Simply » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Müller scored in the 83th minute of the game.. which should have decided this Champions League final, if they hadn't had all the bad luck in the world that evening.... I know we have different opinions here, but it's a fact that Müller scored this important goal in the match of the matches....

Müller was also top scorer of the World Cup 2010.. and it was mostly Müller who destroyed Barcelona in the Champions League semi finals last season 7-0 on aggregate.. Müller indeed scored 3 goals and made 1 assist...

..as I said.. you can't question his effectiveness, if you like his game or not...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Postby specnur » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Simply wrote:Müller scored in the 83th minute of the game.. which should have decided this Champions League final, if they hadn't had all the bad luck in the world that evening.... I know we have different opinions here, but it's a fact that Müller scored this important goal in the match of the matches....

Müller was also top scorer of the World Cup 2010.. and it was mostly Müller who destroyed Barcelona in the Champions League semi finals last season 7-0 on aggregate.. Müller indeed scored 3 goals and made 1 assist...

..as I said.. you can't question his effectiveness, if you like his game or not...


oh yes i can question his effectiveness! because he is not consistent you are picking out a couple of instances where he has played well ,but the games he HAS not played well in have outwieghed them for me! Everyone has good games ,epsecially when they are afforded a lot of playing time which he has gotten. As is aid before ,there is reason why he only makes 2 mil a year.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15061
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Simply » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:52 pm

specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:Müller scored in the 83th minute of the game.. which should have decided this Champions League final, if they hadn't had all the bad luck in the world that evening.... I know we have different opinions here, but it's a fact that Müller scored this important goal in the match of the matches....

Müller was also top scorer of the World Cup 2010.. and it was mostly Müller who destroyed Barcelona in the Champions League semi finals last season 7-0 on aggregate.. Müller indeed scored 3 goals and made 1 assist...

..as I said.. you can't question his effectiveness, if you like his game or not...


oh yes i can question his effectiveness! because he is not consistent you are picking out a couple of instances where he has played well ,but the games he HAS not played well in have outwieghed them for me! Everyone has good games ,epsecially when they are afforded a lot of playing time which he has gotten. As is aid before ,there is reason why he only makes 2 mil a year.



...?????... specs I'm not picking out a couple of instances.. this are the recent matches against top opposition.. that's exactly the point you always attach the most importance upon...
Except for Borussia Dortmund, he scored against every team they faced in the knockout stage last Champions League (Arsenal, Juventus, Barcelona)... he definitely has earned his place on the nomination list!
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Postby eaman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Forget about it simply. Specnur has made up his mind and doesn't like the player and even if it means been a hypocrite and not acknowledging that he does one of the most important things in specnur view in a world class player and that's play well in big games. I'm not a fan of his style myself but you have to admit he is an effective player and is part of the reason bayern won the treble
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby specnur » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:Müller scored in the 83th minute of the game.. which should have decided this Champions League final, if they hadn't had all the bad luck in the world that evening.... I know we have different opinions here, but it's a fact that Müller scored this important goal in the match of the matches....

Müller was also top scorer of the World Cup 2010.. and it was mostly Müller who destroyed Barcelona in the Champions League semi finals last season 7-0 on aggregate.. Müller indeed scored 3 goals and made 1 assist...

..as I said.. you can't question his effectiveness, if you like his game or not...


oh yes i can question his effectiveness! because he is not consistent you are picking out a couple of instances where he has played well ,but the games he HAS not played well in have outwieghed them for me! Everyone has good games ,epsecially when they are afforded a lot of playing time which he has gotten. As is aid before ,there is reason why he only makes 2 mil a year.



...?????... specs I'm not picking out a couple of instances.. this are the recent matches against top opposition.. that's exactly the point you always attach the most importance upon...
Except for Borussia Dortmund, he scored against every team they faced in the knockout stage last Champions League (Arsenal, Juventus, Barcelona)... he definitely has earned his place on the nomination list!


Not ahead of the players i have suggested he hasn't!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15061
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 pm

specnur wrote:i do not hate German players by default


not hate, dislike for sure.

Wenger has spotted their effectiveness and has four of them 'clogging up' his team these days though, the clueless moron.

Since (and including) the West German World Cup win in 1990, which German players have you been a fan of?
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38231
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:14 pm

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:i do not hate German players by default


not hate, dislike for sure.

Wenger has spotted their effectiveness and has four of them 'clogging up' his team these days though, the clueless moron.

Since (and including) the West German World Cup win in 1990, which German players have you been a fan of?


Gnabry! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do not dislike German player ,in fact i have often credited them with having superior focus and good skill level. That is what has made them successful ,they do not have extraordinary players of the messi ,Drogba or even Ronaldo Ilk ,but they have a blaance of players across the board that makes the TEAM always competitive internationally. Now it is the habit of the media to always pin the glory on individual rather than the unit ,so they pick out players that may stand out alittle more than they rest for accolades. Which is why those players are often overrated as is the case with Oziil , Podolski,Muller,Scheinsteiger and plethora of others. I ahve told you they were overrated and from the day i ahve siad that every one of them player have not played up to the hype they have been afforded ,not that anyone here would admit to that . What you have to concede if not here then in the privacy of your skull like ,is that Specnur may have point ! The most expensive German player ever stunk up the pitch for 90% of the last two games offered absloutely nothing for massive area of the playing time.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15061
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Next

Return to General Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest