Man Utd v Newcastle

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man Utd v Newcastle

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Man Utd fans watched in horror last night as they saw Everton score a late winner at Old Trafford , the 1-0 defeat meant more agony for David Moyes and his players ...they now lie in 9th place in the table and 12 pts behind leaders Arsenal . It was left to David Moyes to comment on Man Utd`s title chances ..."We've got a long way to go, we'll need to play some great football and win a lot of games in the run in if we're going to be in there around it come the end of the season."

Newcastle saw their four game winning run come to an end as Swansea won 3-0 at the Liberty Stadium , manager Alan Pardew though was a tad unhappy with an incident when the Swans were just 1-0 in front ..he said about the alleged handball by Ben Davies "I'm still waiting for an explanation."The ball was going in the net and he [Davies] stuck an arm out. All our players have reacted. From the second they went up and scored. I'm aggrieved about the decisions."

So i imagine this will be a massive game for Man Utd ...another defeat would almost certainly end any chance of them retaining their title..providing of course the other teams at the top all win .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby prince.of.united » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I am really not very optimistic on this game either, Rooney and RVP will not be playing so Moyes will have all the freedom to play his 'favorite striker' (If really he is a striker, for me he is a headless chicken) Welbeck upfront alone which does not even provide any threat whatsoever. And his favourite winger the cheat and diver Ashley Young. We are already doomed in this match, even before it starts. I simply dont understand Moyes's obsession with Welbeck and Young! Sell that useless crap in Jan, with them we are struggling and without them I would gladly take United fighting even for relegation!

If he doesnt start Adnan in this match, and instead he starts with Young and Welbeck then the match will be over for me even before it starts.

I predict a home draw, 2 more points dropped and hope for UCL spot also fade away.
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:27 pm

yes ..because of the yellow card Rooney will miss the game against Newcastle , not what Moyes needed with Van Persie still injured . It has always been said that you cannot win the title if you lose 5 games or more ....Man Utd have lost four now ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:19 pm

With Rooney being suspended and that we don't know if RVP will play I quite fancy the Toon to earn a battling draw at Old Trafford.

Man Utd 2-2 Newcastle.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:26 pm

This result depends on how Newcastle approach the game,if they sit back and try and soak up the pressure then they will lose,if they go for it and control United's very weak midfield then there's a chance they can snatch 3 points.

Cabaye,Anita and Tiote have the ability to run the midfield,and without Rooney and maybe RVP too Newcastle should have the confidence to play higher up the pitch and push United back,they then have the quality of Ben Arfa and Remy to punish Man Utd.

Newcastle have nothing to lose so may aswell go for it like Everton did.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:53 pm

I guess there will be quite a bit of money for Newcastle, given their recent favourable results and Man United's recent flop I'd say don't forget they beat a quality German team 0-5, and even scrapped a draw with the mighty Tottenham Hotspur before crashing at home against the Toffees. I don't think this is a deep crisis for the Manchester club, they will be looking to getting back to winning ways against Newcastle, who can be relied upon to fail against the big boys 99 times out of 100.
Man Utd 3 Newcastle 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:08 pm

I had this game as 2-1 win for newcastle even before i saw Rooney injured! So now i really think it wil be a loss to united!
Moyes' best option is play Kagawa for the full 90 in the centre of the pitch and see if he can bail this team out! Problem foir united is that they don't have anyone of similar skill level either side to take up some of the creative work load. Both Valencia and Young have limited foot skills and with the athletic Newcastle players they will be shut down quite effectively.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Kagawa played against Everton the other night and failed to impress along with 40 year old Ryan Giggs and were over run.

What Moyes needs is a decent defensive midfielder to get stuck in and to help win the ball which is what that Fellaini should be doing.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 pm

We really need to win this one or any chance of a Champions League spot becomes even more distant. We need to find out scoring boots so hopefully Chicarito can get a chance to prove he is more than just a super-sub.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 pm

TEAMS:

Man Utd:
De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Jones, Cleverley, Januzaj, Hernandez, Van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Anderson, Valencia, Young, Zaha, Welbeck.

Newcastle:
Krul, Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran.

Subs: Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, Obertan, Gutierrez, Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, Cisse.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Van Persie is back and will be assisted up front today by Hernandez who gets a rare start due to Rooney's injury.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:07 pm

HT

Man Utd 0-0 Newcastle
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:30 pm

Newcastle have taken the lead through Cabaye on 61 minutes just when Man Utd were getting on top of the game!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:50 pm

FT

Man Utd 0-1 Newcastle
0-1 Cabaye 61'

Newcastle win away at Old Trafford in the league for the first time since 1972!

Man Utd suffer back to back defeats at home and are now in danger of not even being able to make the top 4.

Just what is going wrong for David Moyes and why aren't his team doing the business at the moment?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Didn't see the game, but it sounds as though the Magpies deserved their win listening to Five Live. Looks like Moyes will win this week's "manager under pressure" award. Gives the mighty Spurs even more incentive to get the 'W' today.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:22 pm

As i thought Newcastle won the midfield battle,Cleverley and Jones were overrun by Tiote,Cabaye and Anita and Newcastle kept RVP and Hernandez quiet.

Very poor Man Utd team we are seeing right now,we can see now why Fergie jumped ship.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:As i thought Newcastle won the midfield battle,Cleverley and Jones were overrun by Tiote,Cabaye and Anita and Newcastle kept RVP and Hernandez quiet.

Very poor Man Utd team we are seeing right now,we can see now why Fergie jumped ship.

You took the words right out of my mouth Gazza!
Those three especially Tiote and Anita were pivotal, i though Cabaye showed excatly why i do not wnat him at Arsenal .Too rash with the tackle . But those other two ,short ,quick and busy players ,not technically great ,but very distracting when trying to control midfield. They break stuff up just by being active all the time, something Moyes has yet to understand.

As i predicted Newcastle won this game due to this very area of the game!

As i predicted before the season started ,Man u would find them self at mid table come xmas and the rot will start setting on the terraces. He will lose the confidenece of the dressing room is the next part of the sequence and it will only be a matter of time before Moyes is fired . Are man u willing to watche their team NOT make champions league football ? I don't think so and being around the position they are at right now intensifies that pressure to get rid of Moyes.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby prince.of.united » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:53 am

specnur wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:As i thought Newcastle won the midfield battle,Cleverley and Jones were overrun by Tiote,Cabaye and Anita and Newcastle kept RVP and Hernandez quiet.

Those three especially Tiote and Anita were pivotal, i though Cabaye showed excatly why i do not wnat him at Arsenal .Too rash with the tackle . But those other two ,short ,quick and busy players ,not technically great ,but very distracting when trying to control midfield. They break stuff up just by being active all the time, something Moyes has yet to understand.

As i predicted before the season started ,Man u would find them self at mid table come xmas and the rot will start setting on the terraces. He will lose the confidenece of the dressing room is the next part of the sequence and it will only be a matter of time before Moyes is fired . Are man u willing to watche their team NOT make champions league football ? I don't think so and being around the position they are at right now intensifies that pressure to get rid of Moyes.

Exactly mate! The midfield was pretty good for Newcastle, they did everything right. Full credit to Newcastle for their efforts and this match showed by Alan Pardew and Crul won Manager and player of the month award respectively.

About my teams performance least being said better about the midfield. It is non-existence, Jones and Cleverly in the midfield? We were playing long balls from defense straight to front! Very very embarrassing this is turning out to be. Back to back home defeats! I am not liking it very much, but this is my team, if I cant be with my team when they are loosing then calling myself fan of this club would be a act of hypocrite.

We are loosing we are going down in the second half of the table, pretty sure we are not winning the title now, Top 4 spot is hanging, Europa league spot also not guaranteed, but this is my team, I am with the team. It is so disappointing to see the negative faces after the match, DM not only lost fail of OT Faithfuls but he is also loosing his dressing room respect.

Why to blame Fergie for it? Wasnt DM given time to strengthen the medicore midfield, instead of signing some good player, he went for high profile players who would never leave their club.

This is a start of disaster, it is a start of something bad.

No Top 4 finish, No UCL, No Major coverage in Europe, No player would want to come to United due to lack of Champions league football, and it is rumored that RVP already handed the transfer request. If it doesnt improve now, then we will have its impact for many years to come.

As a lifelong Man United fan I am not expecting anything from this season.

Cheers!
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conner99 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:11 pm

prince.of.united wrote:

No Top 4 finish, No UCL, No Major coverage in Europe, No player would want to come to United due to lack of Champions league football, and it is rumored that RVP already handed the transfer request. If it doesnt improve now, then we will have its impact for many years to come.

Cheers!

i think the problem is David Moyes is not Sir Alex .....he used to be able to get a team playing together as a unit , whoever was playing , i think Moyes walked into Old Trafford thinking ...we are the champions ...all i need to do is pick a side each week .

Against Newcastle there was no real pressure from Man Utd ...usuaully it would be relentless if they fell behind , the passing was poor and it was all too easy for Newcastle to pick up the three points .

I would be staggered if there are not some major signings in January by David Moyes ....
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:17 am

prince.of.united wrote:
specnur wrote:

Exactly mate! The midfield was pretty good for Newcastle, they did everything right. Full credit to Newcastle for their efforts and this match showed by Alan Pardew and Crul won Manager and player of the month award respectively.

About my teams performance least being said better about the midfield. It is non-existence, Jones and Cleverly in the midfield? We were playing long balls from defense straight to front! Very very embarrassing this is turning out to be. Back to back home defeats! I am not liking it very much, but this is my team, if I cant be with my team when they are loosing then calling myself fan of this club would be a act of hypocrite.

We are loosing we are going down in the second half of the table, pretty sure we are not winning the title now, Top 4 spot is hanging, Europa league spot also not guaranteed, but this is my team, I am with the team. It is so disappointing to see the negative faces after the match, DM not only lost fail of OT Faithfuls but he is also loosing his dressing room respect.

Why to blame Fergie for it? Wasnt DM given time to strengthen the medicore midfield, instead of signing some good player, he went for high profile players who would never leave their club.

Cheers!

have to agree with you Prince.

Moyes wasted a ridiculous amount of time pursuing Fabregas and then Fellaini who everybody knew wasn't good enough to be a first team player at Man United. any game where you start with a midfield pairing of Jones and Cleverly is rarely going to end particularly well.

i am annoyed but not surprised that Moyes has not yet been hounded by the media given the stick Villas-Boas has already endured and the persistant grief they have given Newcastle over the Summer. indeed, if Wenger's Arsenal were where Man United are now the back pages would be full of pictures Wenger in that earthworm jacket looking like a buffoon.

i dare say the Man United board will be looking at possible replacements already. a club like them can not afford to drop out of CHampions League football and the fine form of Liverpool is making that a distinct possibility.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League