Sunderland v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Sunderland v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Sunderland put on a terrific display against Chelsea but it was not quite enough as they narrowly lost 4-3 at the Stadium of Light , it leaves them still firmly at the bottom of the table . However manager Gus Poyet can take heart from the way his side played against second placed Chelsea ..he said after the game.. "If we can play like this and fight like this and make it so difficult, we will stay in the Premier League for sure."Maybe we needed one more corner today, one extra corner in the last six minutes. But we didn't get it".

Tottenham came back from a goal down to beat Fulham 2-1 at Craven Cottage and claim their first win in four games , two superb strikes by Vlad Chiriches and then Lewis Holby left manager Andre Villas-Boas all smiles as his side moved up to 6th in the table . After the game he commented how important it was to win .."We want to use this momentum, we have reacted to the Manchester City defeat with two wins already and a draw at home to Manchester United."Hopefully now December and January can be the months we put ourselves back on track."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:31 am

I'd love to say I agree with AVB but it was a laboured victory over Fulham. I'm sure Poyet will have watched the Fulham vs. Spurs game and will organise his troops accordingly. We just ain't that difficult to work out at the moment. I'm really hoping Holtby's goal against Fulham will give him the little spark that will ignite his season. Hard to see where our goals are coming from game to game. At least we have had four different scorers in the last two league games, which takes a little pressure off our strikers. Sunderland 1 Spurs 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:34 pm

AVB still doesn't seem to know what his best team or tactics is but I think Spurs will probably just take all 3 points.

Can anyone tell me why Townsend is no longer a first team starter? He did so well before but is then dropped for no reason?

Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:32 pm

well Tottenham will be without Jan Vertonghen who has an ankle injury , it is going to be tough for Tottenham , Sunderland almost pulled off a stunning comeback against Chelsea . I think it could be a 2-2 draw .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:56 pm

TEAMS -

Sunderland:
Mannone, Bardsley, Celustka, O'Shea, Brown, Ki, Colback, Larsson, Johnson, Fletcher, Altidore.

Subs: Dossena, Gardner, Pickford, Diakite, Giaccherini, Borini, Cattermole.

Tottenham:
Lloris, Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton, Dembele, Paulinho, Lennon, Holtby, Chadli, Defoe.

Subs: Friedel, Fryers, Lamela, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Capoue has to play at the back for Spurs tonight due to injuries in the squad and Defoe continues as striker.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 pm

FT

Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham
1-0 Johnson 37’
1-1 O'Shea 50’ (o.g.)
1-2 Paulinho 43’

Spurs win their 2nd game away from home in the space of just 4 days while Sunderland suffer back to back home defeats.

Any comments on Tottenham's victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 pm

So Spurs scrape through , due to the dominance of Demebele in the middle of the park!
The result wasn;t really a bad one for Sunderland ,as theyw ere up against one of teh deepest mid fields in football so there isn't a lot that can be expected . The could only really rely on the development of the chemistry in that spurs midfield still not fully developed.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Great result for Tottenham, Sunderland were pretty dire but given the result for Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd not too shabby.
Bring on the 'Pool!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League