Bayern Munich v Man City - 10th December

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Bayern Munich v Man City - 10th December

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Bayern Munich and Man City have both already qualified for the last 16.

Manuel Pellegrini's side won't win the group now but will surely want to put
in a decent display after being beaten 3-1 by the Bavarians at the Etihad back in October.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Teams:

Bayern Munich:
Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante,Alaba; Thiago, Kroos; Muller, Gotze, Ribery; Mandzukic

Subs - Starke,Pizarro,van Buyten,Contento,Rafinha,Martinez,Shaqiri

Manchester City:
Hart, Kolarov, Lescott, Demichelis, Richards, Fernandinho, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Navas, Dzeko

Subs - Kompany,Aguero,Zabaleta,Negredo,Pantilimon,Rodwell,Boyata
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm

HT

Munich 2-1 City

1-0 Muller 5'
2-0 Gotze 11'

3-0 Silva 28'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 pm

FT

Bayern Munich 2-3 Man City
1-0 Muller 5
2-0 Gotze 11
2-1 Silva 28'
2-2 Kolarov 59 pen
2-3 Milner 62

What a comeback by Man City in the 2nd half!

Its incredible to think that they have managed to get 15 points but will only finish 2nd in the group.

Should who ever plays Pellegrinis side in the last 16 be worried?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Ant » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Oh boy. Bayern were toying with City early in the game but they allowed them to get control of the game after that and looked very insecure after City scored, especially after the second goal. This game shows why we still need players like Schweinsteiger or Martinez in midfield. Thiago can't be the last man in front of the back four because doesn't have the defensive abilities and plays a lot of risky passes. It also shows how valuable Arjen Robben is in these kind of games where things don't go as planned because he can always score on his own. He's been massive for Bayern in every competition this season.
Fortunately this game was almost meaningless for Bayern. I hope it will remind the players that they aren't invulnerable and always have to keep the pace during a game, especially against top opposition.
Fair play to City for coming back from being 0-2 behind. They deserved to win.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:13 am

..weird game.. :lol:
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Ant » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:30 am

Simply wrote:..weird game.. :lol:

Almost looked like a training session early on. Bayern were just trying stuff. :D They were clearly superior. Then they let City get back in the game and they lost control. I'm annoyed that we lost because I wanted us to improve the record further, but I'm glad it happened in a game that wasn't important. Bayern looked tired. This was their 9th game since november, the 11th if you include the national team and there wasn't too much rotation.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Tipster » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:45 am

Only went an got £10 on City at 9/2 (with William Hill) - which is a shame as the other bookies had them at 13/2. I feel robbed, just like Bayern must feel after that match. 2 down away to Bayern and it should all be over.

Tried to post here, but site was having server or some other issues.

Well played Milner!
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:49 am

I also thought that James Milner played really well tonight and if he can put
in this type of display on a regular basis will be sure to make the England squad for the world cup.

Dante didn't seem to be at his best for Bayern Munich last night and to make things worse also gave away a penalty!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:01 am

Hams wrote:I also thought that James Milner played really well tonight and if he can put
in this type of display on a regular basis will be sure to make the England squad for the world cup.

Dante didn't seem to be at his best for Bayern Munich last night and to make things worse also gave away a penalty!

That wasn't a regular penalty in my eyes.. I don't get why he gave that one, while he ignored the foul on Ribery in the 2nd half...

But actually... who cares? :D .. as Ant said this game was meaningless to both teams..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby eaman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:48 am

Dante definately gave away a penalty and the one on ribery was not. Is it just me or do bayern have a bad surface. The ball seems to bobble alot and has done in the games I've seen played there over the years
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:27 am

Simply wrote:
Hams wrote:I also thought that James Milner played really well tonight and if he can put

That wasn't a regular penalty in my eyes.. I don't get why he gave that one, while he ignored the foul on Ribery in the 2nd half...

But actually... who cares? :D .. as Ant said this game was meaningless to both teams..

Do you know that it Man City had scored one more goal they would have won the group and Munich would have come 2nd!

So it wasn't really a meaningless game.

From what I have heard today Manuel Pellegrini didn't know this information and thought his team had to win by 3 goals.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Ant » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:20 pm

I think it started as a meaningless game, then it became somewhat meaningful and now it's meaningless again. :p
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Ant » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:29 pm

I think the player's didn't understand it either. They were wasting time towards the end when they were in the lead. It's kind of embarrassing for them and it could cause them some serious trouble. They'll have to face Real Madrid, Atletico, PSG or Barca now. Could have been Olympiacos or Zenit instead.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Well i did have a post written at the start of this game saying that Man city really went into this game thinking more about the game v Arsenal next. NO Aguero ,no negredo ,No yaya and no Kompany or nasri .Not fringe players but in recent games massive players not slelcted for this game. Luckily for Bayern they ahve the luxury of not needing to rest the same aray of talent and should batter this man city team by rights. By the time i ahd finsihed writing that part of the message Bayern were already up 2-0 :lol: The rest is history as they say. The two teams already through so no worry of threat from beneath ,but waht transpired pretty much was what SHOULD have transpired in past meetings between Man city and foreign opposition. Maybe this is the game that transforms them into a European big dog ,that the talent in thier team demands. Who knows !

I think a few people here need to redefine thier meaning of world class ,i'll tell you that!
Cause i 'll tell you what Milner is NOT world class ,but at times he looked it against that team last night. :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Ant » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Best defense in the world. :lol:
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Ant wrote:Image

Best defense in the world. :lol:

That Brasilian bloke they had back there ,what a clown he was in this game! :D Did someone say he was world class over here?
We all make mistakes but ffs man! :lol: :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Simply » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:13 pm

specnur wrote:That Brasilian bloke they had back there ,what a clown he was in this game! :D Did someone say he was world class over here?

what?.. have you seen his assist which led to the first goal???? that was brilliant..
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsaNmwes3vU )
It was not his best performance sure, but there is no doubt his level is worldclass for almost 2 years now
Last edited by Simply on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Ant » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:20 pm

It would be unfair to single out one player when the whole team messed up. Dante was poor yesterday but so were the others.
Dante was world class last season but he hasn't quite reached that form yet again.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:04 am

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:That Brasilian bloke they had back there ,what a clown he was in this game! :D Did someone say he was world class over here?

what?.. have you seen his assist which led to the first goal???? that was brilliant..
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsaNmwes3vU )
It was not his best performance sure, but there is no doubt his level is worldclass for almost 2 years now

Keep your knickers on Simply! His number one duty is to defend , and in that category he was a world class klutz out there!
:D

I'm playing with you! I quite like him World class i'm not sure and my reservation for not calling him that was just confirmed in this game!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League