Aston Villa v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Aston Villa v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Aston Villa saw their five game unbeaten run end as they lost 2-0 to strugglers Fulham , manager Paul Lambert admitted his side did not deserve to win , but he was also unhappy with some decisions in the match ." We never deserved to win the game but I'm disappointed at some of the decisions. I thought their penalty wasn't one whereas ours when Gabriel Agbonlahor was brought down was a spot-kick."I thought referee Mike Dean's performance was poor".

Man Utd fans left Old Trafford in dismay for the second time in just a week as Newcastle upset the current Premier League champions ....a 1-0 defeat left manager David Moyes with some major work to do as the Red Devils slipped a whopping 13 points behind leaders Arsenal ..an unwelcome fact for Man Utd fans is that the last time they lost successive home games the title was already lost and they ended up finishing third ...for many fans at the moment maybe that wouldn't be so bad .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Man Utd really need to win this game or they can forget about even finishing in the top 4 this season.

I'm surprised that Aston Villa have done so well so far as Christian Benteke has not been as good a striker this campaign.

Aston Villa 0-1 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Villa were garbage against Fulham and if they put on a similar display against Man Utd a thumping is on the cards. The Mancs are having a little wobble in their self confidence but the win in the CL will restore some self belief. This is the chance for them to get back on the horse. Aston Villa 1 Man Utd 3.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Re: Aston Villa v Man Utd

Postby Seamus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:03 pm

Conner99 wrote:an unwelcome fact for Man Utd fans is that the last time they lost successive home games the title was already lost and they ended up finishing third ...for many fans at the moment maybe that wouldn't be so bad .

Id take that!. Quite frankly this season is over for us title wise. We should concentrate on finishing in the top 4 and look towards the FA Cup for a chance of winning silverware.

Our midweek Champions League victory is a good confidence boost and pundits are suggesting it could be the spark to light our season - however our massive win over Leverkusen didn't help our dismal start to the Premier League season.

I can only hope we scrape a win. I will take 1-0. To lose to Newcastle and Everton is one thing, but Villa?! - come on!.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:16 pm

More trouble for Man Utd with the news that RVP will be out for 1 month with a thigh injury.

It looks like bad management from David Moyes who shouldn't have rushed him back to the first team.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:50 pm

he was taking a corner when he injured himself ...this time a thigh strain though so i am not sure it was Moyes fault ..he had only been on the field for 4 mins ...bad luck for Van Persie and Man Utd .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:30 pm

This game is perfect for Man Utd as Villa usually roll out the red carpet for Man Utd,with it being at Villa Park it will be difficult i'd imagine for Villa to play on the counter attack as United also play this way.

I'd say a comfortable 2-0 away win.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:20 am

Teams

Aston Villa:
Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Luna, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Sylla, Albrighton, Agbonlahor, Benteke.

Subs: Steer, Bacuna, Weimann, Bowery, Gardner, Tonev, Kozak.

Man Utd:
De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck.

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Fabio, Young, Buttner, Fletcher, Zaha.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:21 am

HT

Villa 0-2 Man Utd

Wellbeck 15' 18'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 am

FT

Aston Villa 0-3 Man Utd
0-1 Wellbeck 15'
0-2 Wellbeck 18'
0-3 Cleverley 52'

It was a very comfortable win in the end for Man Utd with Danny Wellbeck scoring twice in first half.

Any comments on the result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby prince.of.united » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:47 am

Comfortable win away from home, but we are talking about Aston Villa here, they are a decent team but we are expected to do better against them.

"Wow! Danny is one for the future! Future is looking bright for United! He is the man on the mission now!" well I wont be making such comments about Danny Welbeck, he has been abysmal throughout the season, one good match doesnt prove his credentials that too against Villa. He is still below par player for me, not a United quality at all, what I would reckon is, he scored because Rooney played very deep in the mid-field and ran the show, if it wouldnt have been Wayne in the mid-field it wouldnt have been same story.

I am not getting too exited after this performance as this has came after 2 back-to-back humiliating defeats at OT.
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:01 am

so Van Persie returns in January... Convenient.

as Prince has said, nothing to be overly excited about. normal service resumed rather than a corner being turned. sterner tests will come, for sure.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League