Capital One Cup - Semi Finals - 2013/14

Chat about this years League Cup here - What is your opinion about our 2nd tier cup competition

Moderator: Moderators

Capital One Cup - Semi Finals - 2013/14

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:00 am

The draw has been made for the semi finals.

1st leg - 6th Jan
2nd leg - 20th Jan

Sunderland v Man Utd

Man City v West Ham

Any comments or predictions? - Who will make it to the final?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Semi-finals

Tue 07/01/14 Manchester City 19 : 45 West Ham United
Tue 21/01/14 West Ham United 19 : 45 Manchester City

Wed 08/01/14 Sunderland 19 : 45 Manchester United
Wed 22/01/14 Manchester United 19 : 45 Sunderland

I'm pleased that the 1st leg of our semi final against Man City will be at the Etihad.

Pellegrini's men may also have other things on their mind then like winning the title and CL and might not take us seriously.

If we can come back to London with a draw then maybe we can have a right go at them in the 2nd leg at Upton Park.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:51 pm

The way things are going at the moment i want us to lose by 5-0 or 6-0 to Man City so that Allardyce gets the sack.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 am

Boy ,if Man u get knocked out by sunderland i'll laugh my ass off, that's all i know!
I'll be watching just in case that happens! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:48 pm

Another kick in the plums for fans of Man United, though lets be honest this wasn't so much of a 'shock' given the recent form of the team.
Sunderland are pretty average and rode their luck at times, but stuck to the task and took the game with a o.g. and a penalty. I hope there won't be any crying about refereeing decisions this time, Man United were beaten by a determined side - no complaints Mr Moyes!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:52 pm

1st leg Result

Sunderland 2-1 Man Utd
1-0 Giggs 45 OG
1-1 Vidic 52
2-1 Borini 64 Pen

Man Utd have now lost 3 times in a row for the first time in 13 years but could still win this semi at Old Trafford.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:00 pm

Hams wrote:The way things are going at the moment i want us to lose by 5-0 or 6-0 to Man City so that Allardyce gets the sack.

You may get your wish Hams, it is hard to see West Ham getting anything in Manchester. A 0-1 or 1-2 defeat would not be so bad and give the Hammers a chance at home. It would be good to see one of the underdogs get through, as Man City vs Man United (given Man United's current form) would probably be a very one sided final anyway. I don't want to see Man City clean up this season, someone has to stop them!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
Hams wrote:The way things are going at the moment i want us to lose by 5-0 or 6-0 to Man City so that Allardyce gets the sack.

You may get your wish Hams, it is hard to see West Ham getting anything in Manchester. A 0-1 or 1-2 defeat would not be so bad and give the Hammers a chance at home. It would be good to see one of the underdogs get through, as Man City vs Man United (given Man United's current form) would probably be a very one sided final anyway. I don't want to see Man City clean up this season, someone has to stop them!

I'm sorry pickles but I have now got to the point where i don't even care any longer how West Ham are doing and wont watch our semi on Wednesday

I thought things were bad enough during the Glen Reoder and Avram Grant years but whats happening to my team now is even worse and I can't take it any more.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:36 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Another kick in the plums for fans of Man United, though lets be honest this wasn't so much of a 'shock' given the recent form of the team.
Sunderland are pretty average and rode their luck at times, but stuck to the task and took the game with a o.g. and a penalty. I hope there won't be any crying about refereeing decisions this time, Man United were beaten by a determined side - no complaints Mr Moyes!

Aye, if this was last season I would be predicting United to beat Sunderland at OT but now I just get that sinking feeling and a trophyless season is upon us (the Community Shield doesn't count!).
Seamus

Postby redpelt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:11 am

A Sky sports news flash........ In the aftermath of the first leg of the semi final Capital One cup
defeat by Sunderland ,David Moyes stated the following .

"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling referees"

redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby prince.of.united » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:16 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:Another kick in the plums for fans of Man United, though lets be honest this wasn't so much of a 'shock' given the recent form of the team.

Rightly said there. We are on a loosing streak, 3 defeats and 3 different competition. DM should stop saying anything against referee, he is just making himself a joke. We lost because we didnt score more goals than the opposition. Take your chances and score the goal, if a team cant do that then I am sorry blaming the ref will be the act of hypocrisy.

I, infact we enjoyed a lot of success, we had been way too arrogant with other teams and fans, what goes around comes back aroound. Kick in the teeth for us, I will take it, and I will stand by with my team. Win or lose doesnt matter for me. :)

Thankfully this is a 2 legged affair, we still have a slim chance to win it. :)
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:01 am

I agree with the comments that David Moyes should stop blaming the refreees when ever Man Utd suffer a defeat.

I thought it was a clear penalty for Sunderland last night and rather foolish for Cleverley to tackle Johnson in that manner.

I'm not looking forward to West Ham's 1st leg at the Etihad tonight and think we are going to be in for another right thrashing.

Any predictions for this evenings semi final?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 pm

IF West Ham get turned over By city ,it shouldn't get Allardyce the sack! IF West Ham get turned over by Norwich or West brom he should get the sack! Sometimes people have warped sense of reality when it comes to thier own clubs expectations . Man city have turned over better teams than West Ham ,so if Allardyce keeps it relatively close then he should be commended!

I think it will be a 3-1 win for City !
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Tipster » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Will be watching the Manchester City vs West Ham match today, and I can only go for Man City to come out on top tonight and over the 2 legs. You should see Man City at their best for the whole season, so could win by a fair few goals. 2 goalscorers for you....

Midfielder JAVI GARCIA (8/1 - anytime), and also striker Alvaro NEGREDO (7/10 - anytime).

Happy viewing!
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 pm

specnur wrote:IF West Ham get turned over By city ,it shouldn't get Allardyce the sack! IF West Ham get turned over by Norwich or West brom he should get the sack! Sometimes people have warped sense of reality when it comes to thier own clubs expectations . Man city have turned over better teams than West Ham ,so if Allardyce keeps it relatively close then he should be commended!

I think it will be a 3-1 win for City !

I think it may be slightly more than 3 ....... :roll:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:49 pm

1st Leg Result

Man City 6-0 West Ham

I didn't watch the game as I no longer care how the Hammers do but well done to Man City.

Sam Allardyce out.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:46 am

Hams wrote:
Sam Allardyce out.

I think you'll get your wish Hams, even if the board stick with him until the end of the season what sort of miracle revival would it take for them to keep him on for next season? Would they keep him if the team avoids relegation? I'm thinking a long winning run is the only thing that will save Allerdyce and that looks extremely unlikely.
I didn't watch the game, but listened to the commentary on Five Live until Man City were two up. It was clear then that there was only one way the game was going to end so I switched off. No surprise to see the final score. Man City are looking every part the champions at the moment, hope I'm wrong but I think a double or a triple is on the cards.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby prince.of.united » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 am

It was a tennis match score for Man City against London Clubs, 6-0, 6-3, 6-0 lol

They are in some form at their home pitch.
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
Hams wrote:
Sam Allardyce out.

I think you'll get your wish Hams, even if the board stick with him until the end of the season what sort of miracle revival would it take for them to keep him on for next season? Would they keep him if the team avoids relegation? I'm thinking a long winning run is the only thing that will save Allerdyce and that looks extremely unlikely.
I didn't watch the game, but listened to the commentary on Five Live until Man City were two up. It was clear then that there was only one way the game was going to end so I switched off. No surprise to see the final score. Man City are looking every part the champions at the moment, hope I'm wrong but I think a double or a triple is on the cards.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong mate! Double maybe ,but not a treble ! They won't win the league i am sure of it!
They were actually one lucky move away fomr even accomplishing that last night as Yaya toure looked to be done by a serious looking injury. Withot him they are half the team ,but he came back on shortly after getting helped off teh pitch to put in another stellar shift. I guessit relaly depends on how much effort they put into the champions league run ,which i think it will be an all out effort with pellegrini in charge! So something will have to be sacrificed. Maybe they win the league cup or FA cup and champions league!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Seamus » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Hams wrote:1st Leg Result

Man City 6-0 West Ham

I didn't watch the game as I no longer care how the Hammers do but well done to Man City.

Sam Allardyce out.

Easy 2nd leg for West Ham . 7-0 or 8-0 no problem!.
Seamus

Next

Return to Capital One Cup