Chelsea v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Liverpool

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Chelsea beat Swansea 1-0 in their last game to stay in 3rd place but it wasn't a convincing display against the Welsh side.

Liverpool lost their last match 2-1 away at Man City but were robbed by the linesman ruling out a perfect goal from Sterling.

Any comments or predictions? This could be another chance for Fernando Torres to upset his former employers with a goal or 2
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:10 am

A tie between two potential champions? To be honest, Liverpool look more convincing as potential champions than Chelsea. I've never been a fan of Mourinho, or the style of football his teams play. Rodgers has made a really positive impact on Liverpool, they are a great watch for the neutral.
Having said that, Chelsea at home are a tough nut to crack so I see a draw on the cards. 2-2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:43 pm

i can see a win for Liverpool ..Chelsea have not been super impressive at home , but they are difficult to beat . I will say 2-1 to Liverpool .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Don't forget that as Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has never lost a league game at home and i don't see that changing yet.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Another exciting game involving Liverpool in the same week!
A loss here will no doubt dent thier confidence a bit ,but as we saw MAn city Struggle against Palace yesterday ,they should still feel they are in with a good shout for the Champions league and they will need to stay focussed to keep AMn u at bay.
CHelsea will be nervous for this game no doubt about that ,but i think it will be a tight affair with chelsea edging it.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm

I had to LMFAO at them chelsea mugs on the the terraces ,bowing down to the 17 odd goals in 90 odd games Torres FFS!
What a bunch of clowns!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:54 pm

A good win for Chelsea, controversial penalty claims aside. I think Liverpool fans should not get too depressed by the rapid drop in the league position over Christmas. You have played all the big boys away from home, the second half of the season should be easier.
As for Chelsea, I'm still not convinced by them but Mourinho out foxed Rodgers today and kept the Suarez man quiet. I really do hope they win bugger all this season!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm

I don't like to complain about referees but Howard Webb is shocking. 2 blatant penalties and 2 sending offs he ignored.

Why do I sense Deja Vu?
Last edited by Davey1 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:A good win for Chelsea, controversial penalty claims aside. I think Liverpool fans should not get too depressed by the rapid drop in the league position over Christmas. You have played all the big boys away from home, the second half of the season should be easier.
As for Chelsea, I'm still not convinced by them but Mourinho out foxed Rodgers today and kept the Suarez man quiet. I really do hope they win bugger all this season!

You make a good point.

Feb 8th - Arsenal H (0-2 A) Lost
Mar 15th - Man Utd A (1-0 H) Won
Mar 29th - Tottenham H (0-5 A) Won
Apr 12th - Man City H (2-1 A) Lost
Apr 26th - Chelsea H (2-1 A) Lost

Obviously they're tough games and we wont win them all but we can take some points from these games.
Hopefully we get a few injured players back and we can challenge for a top 4 finish.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:58 pm

FT

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
0-1 Skrtel 4
1-1 Hazard 17
2-1 Etoo 34

The Blues will end the year in 3rd place just 2 points behind the league leaders.

Any comments on Chelsea's win? I haven't seen the game yet but why are they saying it was a controversial victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:55 am

So I see then that Mourinho has accused Suarez of being a diver, Is the Chelses boss right to make such an accusation?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:25 am

Davey1 wrote:I don't like to complain about referees but Howard Webb is shocking. 2 blatant penalties and 2 sending offs he ignored.

Why do I sense Deja Vu?

Don;t know what that twat was looking at ,but he was facing the incident i saw from about 10 feet away ffs!
You won't get better view than he had , he has to be questioned why he didn't call that.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 am

Maybe the referee didn't give that penalty shout because Suarez had also dived like he had been doing for most of the game?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm absolutely livid in the aftermath of yesterdays performance ,the manner in which
Henderson was cynically taken out of the game in the first minute was completely
beyond the pale.

After that incident Chelsea had effectively nullified a player who albeit from Suarez
has been our biggest source of inspiration going forward.

Now I'm a man who is usually calm when providing my appraisal of a referees performance
but how Webb can be viewed as a competent official when he lets tackles like we seen
yesterday slide,is totally beyond me.

Eto should have left the field in the first minute ,no amount of leniency can account for
a tackle as treacherous and as cynical as the one carried out on Henderson,and those
who will attempt to dilute his intentions ,really need to look at the bigger picture.

Anyway ,a word on Johnson, who I fervently pray I will never see in a reds shirt again,his
display yesterday was a disgrace and he soils the shirt more grotesquely with every game
he is afforded in our colours .

On the actual game ,Sterling was doubled up on easily when Henderson was no longer a
threat and Coutinho was denied the space to pick a pass ,Suarez was basically starved
of the ball and our midfield was forced to drop back with Lucas and Allen struggling in
the middle without the usual outlet on the wings.

Mourinho sounded out jokingly how he would like Suarez to pick up an injury ,and it provided
enough of a smokescreen to remove any impetus most likely provided by a player he viewed
as the catalyst for the energy of our performances of late......It clearly wasn't Suarez.

Last word on the loathsome character that is formally known as the 'Special one' ,its basically
common knowledge he is an odious spiteful individual, but when he is provided with the vehicle
to put these vile characteristics into effect he really comes into his own....He accuses Suarez
today of diving ,in much the same predictable manner he labelled Messi,it would be funny if it
hadn't been done to death already.

Rant over
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Well this is exactly the problem that is rife in British officiating! The officials look upon themsleves as judge, jury and executioner or at least the pilar of moral conduct on the pitch . They are there to enforce the rules without prejudice, simple as that. If they cannot do that job they need to get out.
You don't not punish a blatant foul becuase the victim dived previously ,that is outrageous talk and nothing more than the "Good old boy network" ethic that is holding the league back.

At least i can say i am consistent in my opinion that most thought was biased to only Arsenal games in the past.
These refs need to be made accountable for actions that are right under their noses.
Last edited by specnur on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm

I agree the standard of refereeing should equate to the same level of
condemnation a players indiscretions regularly receive.

It seems a managers protestations can be subject to interpretation
through the channels of the FA ,and yet a referee can determine a
game by highlighting some truly horrendous deficiencies in his game
and go without any form of consternation from official sources.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League