Arsenal v Cardiff

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Cardiff

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Arsenal will head into the new year at the top of the table , the 1-0 win at Newcastle meant they regained the lead from Man City and it was a tough game that the Gunners had to really dig in to get the 3 pts , the win was thanks to a goal from striker Olivier Giroud , manager Arsene Wenger said after the match how his team are ready to maintain a title challenge this season "We played two away games and got six points against West Ham and Newcastle and as you can see the team is ready for a fight. So it's a good base. We believe in ourselves and we are determined to give our best absolutely and to turn back on this season at the end and think we have given our best. I hope it will be enough but it's a long way to go."

Cardiff let slip a two goal lead as Sunderland scored two late goals to deny the home side what would have been a much needed 3 pts , it was the first match since Malky Mackay was sacked by owner Vincent Tan., the 2-2 draw means Cardiff remain just a few points off the the relegation zone, it will be a tough new year for Cardiff that is for sure as they face games against Arsenal , West Ham ,Man City and Man Utd.
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:42 am

Thank god we won't see a repeat of the Ramsey love in with Cardiff as he is out injured this time but should be easy home win for Arsenal against manager less Bluebirds.

Arsenal 3-0 Cardiff
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:02 pm

I hope Arsenal don't take Cardiff lightly Conner!
They have a tendency to do that especially after playing the likes of amn city and CHelsea in recent matches.
IF Wenger pounds into them the same sentiments as i have it should be a comfortable win with gunners netting at least 2.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:12 pm

well I think I would have been more relaxed had I not just found out we have a few more players out or who are doubtful for this game , we know Ramsey and Ozil are out ...but now Giroud has an ankle problem , Kieron Gibbs has injured his calf , and Walcott , Rosicky and Wilshire all face late fitness tests to see if they can play .

It is good we have Podolski back though , i hope Wenger has made his players aware that they have to treat Cardiff with respect as they have proved capable of scoring against anyone if they are given a chance .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Conner99 wrote:well I think I would have been more relaxed had I not just found out we have a few more players out or who are doubtful for this game , we know Ramsey and Ozil are out ...but now Giroud has an ankle problem , Kieron Gibbs has injured his calf , and Walcott , Rosicky and Wilshire all face late fitness tests to see if they can play .

It is good we have Podolski back though , i hope Wenger has made his players aware that they have to treat Cardiff with respect as they have proved capable of scoring against anyone if they are given a chance .

I think you are too frightened of tempting fate Conner! I was happy to see Sunderland secure that equaliser against the Welsh team, just because I want the Tan man to suffer. Injuries aside, Arsenal should have far too much for Cardiff. Arsenal 2 Cardiff 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Teams

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski.

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Ryo, Gnabry, Bendtner.

Cardiff City:
Marshall, McNaughton, Caulker, Turner, John, Whittingham, Medel, Kim, Noone, Mutch, Campbell.

Subs: Lewis; Hudson, Cornelius, Smith, Gunnarsson, Cowie, Maynard.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:49 pm

With Man City having won at Swansea to go top Arsenal will now have to beat Cardiff to regain first place.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:48 pm

HT

Arsenal 0-0 Cardiff
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Very poor first half from Arsenal !
However i do feel Cardff's fine defensive effort thus far will wain with fatigue half way through the second half and Arsenal will bury a couple.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:55 pm

FT

Arsenal 2-0 Cardiff
1-0 Bendtner 88
2-0 Walcott 90

2 late goals send Arsenal back on top of the table!

Any comments on the Gunners victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:58 pm

specnur wrote:Very poor first half from Arsenal !
However i do feel Cardff's fine defensive effort thus far will wain with fatigue half way through the second half and Arsenal will bury a couple.

:D
Oh yes!
But now what for Wenger with the Bendtner injury , Surely he must be forced to buy in the transfer window?
Scrappy game form the gunners and a good effort from Cardiff ,but the game took the same path as what usually happened when teams of this quality play against superior conditioning and superior technique! It's just impossible to stay with them unless you get help from the ref of an incredible amount of luck! Another game rescued and the mental toughness of this Arsenal team should never be questioned,they are playing above and beyond the quality they have and maintain the top spot for now.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:15 pm

I think Wenger will only buy if he can get the right player ...we have Walcott , Giroud , Podolski and Bendtner...who can all score goals ..but with a few injured it means we are a bit stretched ..I am sure we will be linked with a few players during this transfer period , just have to see what comes up .

It was a nail biting last 5 mins ...the two goals were such a relief and means we are still fighting it out at the top of the table .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Conner99 wrote:I think Wenger will only buy if he can get the right player ...we have Walcott , Giroud , Podolski and Bendtner...who can all score goals ..but with a few injured it means we are a bit stretched ..I am sure we will be linked with a few players during this transfer period , just have to see what comes up .

It was a nail biting last 5 mins ...the two goals were such a relief and means we are still fighting it out at the top of the table .

Then he's crazy! Surely you can;t agree with that strategy Conner!

Bendtner limped off ,giroud is out Walcott IS not a loan striker and Niether is Podolski in this league so we don;t have anyonme right now. Wenger is on crack if he can't read the writing on that wall! I am not saying we should break the bank and get held to ransom ,but we need help RIGHT NOW up front and we needed it even before the injuries.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:17 am

Talk Sport are reporting that Arsenal may be making a £2million bid for Berbatov. I think he would probably work well for Arsenal, I wouldn't mind him back in a Spurs shirt to be honest!
Back to the game, Arsenal pulled it out of the fire but winning games like this one is what is required if you want to be a potential champion.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:34 pm

I saw the berbatov rumor about 3 days ago ,not usre if he's what we need to be honest. Just think the bloke is a bit too lazy and a bit toxic when things aren't going right on the pitch. A fine player without question ,probably the most skilled big man that ever graced our league. I also don;t like his off the field habit of being a smoker ,not sure that's something we want to promote to our kids. I would rather go for Defoe to be honest ,not sure if Spurs would sell him to us ,but he has the type of quickness around the box that we need. He can get his shot off very quickly and provides a threat just outside the box that will open up the area inside the box for intricate passes that lead to tap in's.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:26 pm

specnur wrote:
Conner99 wrote:I think Wenger will only buy if he can get the right player ...we have Walcott , Giroud , Podolski and Bendtner...who can all score goals ..but with a few injured it means we are a bit stretched ..I am sure we will be linked with a few players during this transfer period , just have to see what comes up .

Then he's crazy! Surely you can;t agree with that strategy Conner!

Bendtner limped off ,giroud is out Walcott IS not a loan striker and Niether is Podolski in this league so we don;t have anyonme right now. Wenger is on crack if he can't read the writing on that wall! I am not saying we should break the bank and get held to ransom ,but we need help RIGHT NOW up front and we needed it even before the injuries.

no..i am not saying I agree with Wenger .... we do need a proper striker with both Giroud and Bendtner out , but we don't want to panic and buy just for the sake of it ..never liked Berbatov even though he was a great player for Spurs . I would love it if Defoe was available ..I agree though and don't think Spurs would let him sign for us .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League