Arsenal v Tottenham - 4th January

Let us know your thoughts on this years competition! Can anyone break the dominance of the big four?

Moderator: Moderators

Arsenal v Tottenham - 4th January

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:29 pm

In the tie of the 3rd Round North London rivals Arsenal take on Tottenham at the Emirates.

Do you have any early predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:18 pm

I'm really looking forward to this game, I like the fact that Sherwood has been talking up the importance of the F.A. cup to Tottenham. I may be in a minority of fans, but I think I'd forego a top four place if it meant Tottenham winning the F.A. cup (at least for this season as top four is looking a tall order at the moment! :wink: ).
Both clubs will play strong teams (Arsenal definitely should as they are charging top dollar for the game), so it will be a humdinger of a game.
I can't go into a game like this with a negative attitude, Arsenal 1 Tottenham 2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 pm

I absolutely love the FA cup and when it throws up ties that will be so
hotly contested as a London Derby ,with no quarter given between the
two,its going to be an absolute cracker of a match.

Spurs to win this,I think they will want it considerably more than the
Gunners ,and Wenger will almost certainly make significant changes.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:33 am

Should be a good game, but one either side shouldn't be overly disappointed to lose (given their stakes in the PL this year).

3-1 Arsenal
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Adebayor to silence the emirates...

that's off course assuming he has recovered from his intense run at Utd last week...
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Adebayor has been passed fit and should start up front for Tottenham.

I guess with the pantomine season still not finished yet he will be cast as the bad boy by Arsenal fans and booed through out!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:53 pm

I just can't see Arsenal winning this game , Spurs have too many decent midfielders ! If they start Saldado that may give us a chance ,but Spurs are playing with confidence. With an troglodyte English manager fanning the flames of tribalism you couldn't have a better setting for a Spurs win. With the injuries we ave currently we shouldn't have a chance to be honest but i'm predicting a 1-3 win for Spurs. You know what though , i'm not mad if we get kn ockd out in this competition we can then focus on teh two most imporatant competitions there is Champions league and premiership title.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Teams

ARSENAL:
Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Gnabry, Walcott.

Subs: Viviano, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Flamini, Ozil, Podolski, Ju-Young Park.

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Fredericks, Fryers, Capoue, Chadli, Kane, Obika.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: They started Soldado ,what a mug! They could have been better starting Defoe and Holtby for this one ,then we would have been in trouble! We may be in with a chance now! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:11 pm

HT

Arsenal 1-0 Tottenham

Cazorla 32'

I think the Gunners just deserve the half time lead.
Why do the Spurs players keep fouling Jack Wilshere though?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:46 pm

2-0 down and it is obvious we are beat. Arsenal deserve the win, they have played the better football. Ade has gone back to 'passenger' mode, and Soldado has had enough chances to silence his critics of late but has failed to do so. Oh well, back to the business of the Premier League!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Outplayed spurs in every part of the pitch ,quite shocking that they kept Soldado and Eriksen on for so long to honest. I would taken both them off for Holtby and defoe without question and made a game of it.
Dembele just had to much pf the creative load to handle against a team that defended with every player when they didn't have the ball. Another fine perfromance from Cazorla who was once agains all over the pitch. And a fine outing from Gnabry who is showing as much skill if not more than both Walcott and Ox at that age ,plus that natural German level of intellgence in his decision making. The boy will become one of Arsenal's best player in the next 4 years ,i have no doubt about that.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:57 pm

FT

Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham
1-0 Cazorla 32
2-0 Rosicky 62

Any more comments on the Gunners victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 am

Even if Walcott was being pelted with coins by Spurs fans when he
went down injured was he right to respond back by making this 2-0 gesture?

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:38 pm

I see nothing particularly inflammatory in making that gesture. If the boy was being hit with coins (first time I've heard about it) then you can understand why he might want to give a bit back.
Football fans often shout the most foul and offensive abuse at players so they should be grown up enough to take something like a '2-0' gesture. I hate the moronic mentality of fans who throw coins, I would have anyone caught on CCTV doing so banned for life.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Putting up the 2-0 sign was the least he could do ,he was a gentleman compared to what he was confronted with! I wish his "two" sign was facing the wrong way though personally!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 pm

we were just a bit more clinical than Spurs ..Adebayor had a great chance to make it 1-1 but he fell on his arse instead ... :lol: , it was a little silly that Walcott made that 2-0 sign ...I am sure the Spurs fans were well aware they were 2-0 down and if he does get charged it wont help us at all ...but I can understand why he did it .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Good news for Walcott that he won't face any action over his 2-0 gesture but has been reminded about his responsibilities.

The FA have though asked both Arsenal and Tottenham for their observations as both sets of fans are now accused of throwing objects.

Is their a London bias here? Had it been Suarez or Rooney making hand gestures to the crowd would they have got done for it?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:58 pm

Well i'll counter that with Rooney blatantly kicking a player for taking theball off of him and getting no sanction by the FA and another player getting a red card that same weekend for the exact same action. So London bias my ass!
I wnat to know where that London bias was when Dowd helped newacstle back fomr a 4-0 deficit against Arsenal ,and no action by the FA was taken in that official corrut conduct? Or when Fletcher Kicked Arsharvin up in the Air in the penalty box, no penalty and no action taken by the FA in one of the worst non calls in the leagues history,need i go on ?
I don't want to hear any more about any London bias please.

Walcott did nothing wrong inmy eyes ,it was as harmless abit of banter as i have ever seen.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to FA Cup