FA charge Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

FA charge Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:14 am

The Liverpool boss has been charged by the FA for comments that he made after the defeat at Man City.

He said: "Hopefully we won't have a Greater Manchester referee with Liverpool-Manchester games in future."

Should the Reds coach be banned for questioning the integrity of the match referee Lee Mason and hinting he was biased?

He has until the 8th of January to respond to the charges.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Seamus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:56 pm

Yes, If he is making insinuations about the impartiality of an official then he should be charged. I thought when Sir Alex retired that would be the end of these kind of comments but sadly no!. In the end reporters were asking him what he thought when the referees were chosen for the games as if he had the final say on it!.
Seamus

Postby redpelt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:31 am

Seamus wrote:Yes, If he is making insinuations about the impartiality of an official then he should be charged. I thought when Sir Alex retired that would be the end of these kind of comments but sadly no!. In the end reporters were asking him what he thought when the referees were chosen for the games as if he had the final say on it!.

I actually thought Rodgers off the cuff comments were ill advised and completely
alien in relation to the usual decorum and diplomacy he displays.

I also thought Lee Mason had a good game ,and it was the linesman who declared
the goal offside,so my reaction was one of bewilderment at his initial outburst.
If anything he should have poured scorn on Webb's particular brand of ineptitude
which he displayed unabashed at Stamford Bridge,not Lee Mason who in my mind
gave a balance to the City game.

However ,in any court of law there would exist way to many grey areas to bring
charges,but then the FA seem to excel in moving (forgive the play on words )
the goal posts to suit their respective agendas...I do however agree in principle that
the whole sorry saga affords the game no favours.... I just wish the FA would set
a precedent and stick to it ,as currently it seems almost like they have a licence to
bend the rules to suit their purposes.

Was I expecting Walcott to be censured for what is by the letter of the law 'incitement
to riot' ,well no I wasn't ..... Did I sadly expect what has now become indicative of the
FA's increasingly bizarre rulings to absolve Walcott of his ill thought actions ....Yes I did.

Its now a case of 'simply because they can 'and as footballs single governing body they can
do it with little opposition or protestations..... The games not straight,and its becoming
increasingly more so with every ridiculously unbalanced decision they make.
Last edited by redpelt on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Brendan Rodgers has now accepted the charge from the FA and will be fined for his comments about referee Lee Mason.

Edit.

He has now been fined £8,000.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Return to Barclays Premier League