Southampton v Mark Clattenburg

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Southampton v Mark Clattenburg

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:24 am

Southampton are reported to be unhappy that their complaint about Mark Clattenburg has been dismissed.

The referee was accused of insulting Southampton's Adam Lalana when his appeal for a penalty was turned down.

The official is believed to have told skipper Lallana: "You're very different now you've played for England. You never used to be like this.

In November 2012, Clattenburg was cleared by the Football Association of using "inappropriate language" towards Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi after claims he had directed racial language at the Nigerian.

Are the Saints right to continue with this complaint or should they never have even brought it up and now look rather stupid?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Re: Southampton v Mark Clattenburg

Postby redpelt » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:24 am

Hams wrote:Southampton are reported to be unhappy that their complaint about Mark Clattenburg has been dismissed.

The referee was accused of insulting Southampton's Adam Lalana when his appeal for a penalty was turned down.

The official is believed to have told skipper Lallana: "You're very different now you've played for England. You never used to be like this.

In November 2012, Clattenburg was cleared by the Football Association of using "inappropriate language" towards Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi after claims he had directed racial language at the Nigerian.

Are the Saints right to continue with this complaint or should they never have even brought it up and now look rather stupid?

In today's modern game referees our far less amenable ,it seems only a player
sporting the captains arm band is afforded the opportunity to converse with
an official ,and yet they expect the credence to cast aspersions on a players
personal traits.....Officials once again walking free from censure, Its clearly a
case of 'Different horses for different courses'.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:01 pm

I thought Lalana WAS the captain?
Anyway , this is typical of refs in the UK ,they let a players personality cloud their application of justice, and in my eyes that is travesty that the league cannot let continue.
I said years ago on here that they were no different than your average bloke down the boozer ,so why should we expect total professionalism from them. It is far past the time where they should be paid more and forced to be accountable for unprofessional conduct such as this.
The amount of money in tis league demands that those that are there to enforce rules fairly should go under extreme mental scrutiny from qualified psychoanalysts.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:50 pm

The way the FA protects them when they make bad calls, it doesn't surprise me they feel invincible and get away with saying whatever they want. What can you do.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Clattenburg was WRONG....

...Lallana has always been a snidey little cheat with a fondness for diving. just shows how much perception plays into the mind over the reality.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:00 pm

The FA have cleared referee Mark Clattenburg of any misconduct following the complaint from Southampton.

I must be in a minority as i think it was stupid for the Saints to even get involved futher in what was a nothing incident.

Why have this new generation of players become so touch feely these days that they can't even take a bit of banter?!!!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:03 pm

whiney, self-absorbed brats.

havnig said that Clattenburg is an utter idiot for putting himself in that position. smacks of somebody trying to be matey with the players and it backfiring.

the club have also come out of this looking quite pathetic. nobody wins here.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Steely Hill wrote:whiney, self-absorbed brats.

havnig said that Clattenburg is an utter idiot for putting himself in that position. smacks of somebody trying to be matey with the players and it backfiring.

the club have also come out of this looking quite pathetic. nobody wins here.

I dont think the club has at all!! i think it is about time someone stood up to these clowns!
If it keeps thier biased leaning on notice then i'm all for it! It has gone on for so long and many domestic players have benifitted from it in the meantime. Level the playing field or they should face the sack if the FA had any guts.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am

well it sounds like the complaint is this domestic player wasn't benefitting from it.

regardless, Lallana has been a persistent diver for a number of years. if referees are finally picking up on that then i am glad. similarly, if Lallana misses out on legitimate penalties or free kicks because of his well deserved reputation as a snidey cheat then that is his own fault.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League