Chelsea v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Chelsea won 2-0 at Hull and it was all too easy for the Blues , they remain in 3rd place in the table

Man Utd ended their recent dismal home spell as they beat Swansea 2-0 at Old Trafford , they remain in 7th place in the table ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:29 pm

In the past i would have been very excited about this game but Man Utd are so far behind
their former rivals Chelsea now that it should be a comfortable home win at the Bridge on Sunday.

The Red Devils have only won once this season against the teams at the top of the PL and will again be without RVP and Rooney.

Chelsea 2-0 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Hams wrote:The Red Devils have only won once this season against the teams at the top of the PL and will again be without RVP and Rooney.

and I still cannot believe they beat us .. :x it will be hard to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge ..another defeat will almost certainly mean the title will not be going to Old Trafford this season .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:39 am

I have to 'go with the flow' on this one, it is very difficult to see Man United get anything from this fixture without RVP and Rooney.
Chelsea will be up for kicking the Mancs while they are down.
Chelsea 3 Man United 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 pm

will very much enjoy seeing Moyes predictably filled with rage as he desperately searches for excuses to mask yet another defeat.

get your magnifying glasses ready as you'll need it to locate the whereabouts of man united's midfield during this game.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

The only positive i can see for Man Utd here is that their traveling support won't have far to get home after the game.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Tipster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:45 am

This should be a close game, but I'm going for a thumping for Man Utd here.

Man Utd have been poor this season and I have a feeling that Mourinho has a trick or two up his sleeve, and knows their weakness.

Going for a score of 5-1 with ANDRE SCHURRLE as the best scorer, and Juan MATA next best.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Did you know that David Moyes has never won away from home to one of the Premier Leagues traditional big four ? Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal (P47 W0 D18 L29).

Any more comments or predictions for this clash on Sunday? - Will it really be an easy home for Jose Mourinho's side?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:18 pm

What an interesting and pressure filled game this is !
Will man u get turned over or will they make their run at a top four place and get back to their lofty perch!
There will be no holes barred in this one i am sure. I expect Mourinho to go with Lampard if he's fit and that could be the
difference in this heated exchange . I expect him to get caught in possession of the ball numerous times ,if AMn u coe out with the intensity i expect. A lot depned son the selection of each manager for me to come up with a confident prediction ,but i think i'll go 2-1 chelsea. hoping for a 2-2 draw. With Cahill and januzaj scoring both goals for either team! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Teams

CHELSEA:
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, David Luiz; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto'o...

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Matic, Lampard, Mata, Torres.

MAN UTD:
De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Young; Januzaj, Welbeck...

Subs: Lindegaard, Giggs, Smalling, Hernandez, Cleverley, Fletcher, Kagawa.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Great goal by Eto'o, the start of the Chelsea onslaught??
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:51 pm

HT

Chelsea 2-0 Man Utd

Eto'o with his 2nd of the game just before half time!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:20 pm

FT

Chelsea 3-1 Man Utd
1-0 Eto'o 17
2-0 Eto'o 45
3-0 Eto'o 49
3-1 Hernandez 78

Any comments on Chelsea's easy home victory against Man Utd?

Was the referee right to send of Vidic and should he have also dismissed Rafael at the end?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Very predictable, easy win for Chelsea without having to break sweat. Man Utd will be a different prospect with Rooney and RVP fit, however until that time their fans will have to suffer the misery of following a now mediocre side. Still only 7 points of the top four, so I'm not writing them off yet.
Chelsea were their usual efficient selves, I don't want them to win the league and I don't think they will. However, they will run Man City/Arsenal very close.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Man, i hate chelsea fans , they suck ass! To think i used to be one them lt for about 30 years!

Without Lampard starting it was an easy job for Chelsea!
Luiz was a bit of a thug out there in midfield ,but i guess that was the plan.
As good as Eto'o looked to most out there , i still tink he's a selfish player.
Today it ddin't matter ,because Man U defense was pulled apart by too much talent.
Against a more organised team like Man City i think his tendency to hold onto the ball and look for a shot rather than pass when marked will be Chelsea's downfall.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:12 am

specnur wrote:Man, i hate chelsea fans , they suck ass! To think i used to be one them lt for about 30 years!

Chap, are you saying you used to support Chelsea? For 30 years?? Now you support Arsenal??? Clearly God has a plan for your life - half of it has been spent supporting the agents of Satan. At the moment you are still in the clutches of the Devil, supporting the Gooners, soon you will see the light and worship the Men in Lily White.

Praise Jesus!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:
specnur wrote:Man, i hate chelsea fans , they suck ass! To think i used to be one them lt for about 30 years!

Chap, are you saying you used to support Chelsea? For 30 years?? Now you support Arsenal??? Clearly God has a plan for your life - half of it has been spent supporting the agents of Satan. At the moment you are still in the clutches of the Devil, supporting the Gooners, soon you will see the light and worship the Men in Lily White.

Praise Jesus!

I am more a fan of Wenger than Arsenal football club mate! But when i was young i fell in love with the Chelsea of the 70's with Hutchinson,Hudson, McCReady ,Osgood and Charlie Cooke . Glorious times!
I liked the way they played ,and i like the way Arsenal play now.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 am

Poor old Fernando Torres who came on as a sub late on will now be out injured for several weeks with a knee injury!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:30 am

dominating win. as i've said before, when you go into games like this with Phil Jones in the heart of your midfield there is only ever going to be one outcome.

Moyes totally screwed up in the summer but wasting his time on Fabregas and then his money on Fellaini. whether he strenghtens this month remains to be seen but he's in real danger of entering next year's Europa League which will be a dramatic collapse from the former champions.

wholly reliant on a cheating kid spells disaster for the club. what a shame.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Moyes just does't understand the modern teams!
Chelsea have a more attacking bunch of players than recent years ,they got Braziliians all over that mid field and they are not the best tacklers ,so putting both Kagawa and Januzaj in the middle of the pitch would have been a foul fest. The game would have been destined for a red card especially for Luiz.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League