Arsenal v Fulham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Fulham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Arsenal regained top spot in the Premier Laegue after a 2-1 win over Aston Villa , they had to do it the hard way though after a Villa fightback threatened to derail their title challenge ..leading 2-0 and in total control the Gunners let Villa back into the game when Christian Benteke pulled a goal back in the second half ...and it was very nervous last 15 mins for Arsene Wenger as his players battled to keep the score in their favour ...after the match Arsene Wenger spoke about the quality of the two goals by Wilshire and Giroud ..he said "they were top quality"

Fulham were stunned by bottom club Sunderland ...a 4-1 defeat left them in 16th place and only a point away for the relegation zone .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:51 pm

I really hope that Arsenal thrash Fulham for the disgraceful way they have tried to unsettle Ravel Morrison at West Ham this last week.

Arsenal 4-0 Fulham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 pm

I was amused to read on Fulham's official website "Victory at the Emirates on Saturday would be Meulensteen?s first time leading Fulham to back-to-back wins" after their glorious cup triumph over the mighty Norwich. I suspect Meulensteen will still be looking for two consecutive victories come Saturday evening.
Arsenal have stayed on the horse, and may even have discovered the art of winning ugly this season, a prerequisite if you are serious about winning the league.
I don't see this as a potential humdinger London derby, more of a yawn fest for the neutral.
Arsenal 2 Fulham 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Teams

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Cazorla, Gnabry, Ozil, Giroud;

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Rosicky, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ju-Young Park

Fulham
Stekelenburg, Riether, Burn, Hangeland, Richardson, Dejagah, Sidwell, Parker, Kacaniklic, Dempsey, Berbatov;

Subs: Stockdale, Riise, Kasami, Karagounis, Duff, Hughes, Bent.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:50 pm

HT

Arsenal 0-0 Fulham

The away side deservedly go in all square at the break

Arsenal will have to play much better in 2nd half if they want to win this and keep 1st place.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:00 pm

FT

Arsenal 2-0 Fulham
1-0 Cazorla 57'
2-0 Cazorla 62'

Santi Cazorla rescues Arsenal with two 2nd half goals which will keep the Gunners top of the table.

Any comments on this result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:41 pm

I wonder if Gooner fans are as keen on signing Berbatov in the transfer window after that performance. Remind me, what did he do again?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:54 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:I wonder if Gooner fans are as keen on signing Berbatov in the transfer window after that performance. Remind me, what did he do again?

We'd probably reserve judgement for more than one game rather than write him off based on a tough fixture against the best side in the league ;).

Good performance and great result. Cazorla showing why many on here have underrated him, still one of our best players if you ask me. As for the rest of the side, the critics keep talking about City but we just can't stop winning!
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 am

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:I wonder if Gooner fans are as keen on signing Berbatov in the transfer window after that performance. Remind me, what did he do again?

We'd probably reserve judgement for more than one game rather than write him off based on a tough fixture against the best side in the league ;).

Good performance and great result. Cazorla showing why many on here have underrated him, still one of our best players if you ask me. As for the rest of the side, the critics keep talking about City but we just can't stop winning!

I think you're being very generous about Arsenal's display Stan and that it was only average at best against a poor Fulham side!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Stan ,Cazorla has been crap up until the last 3 weeks ! You got some nerve talking like that after all this time of him doing very little :lol: ANyway i was obviously one of them who criticzed the player and i have been the ONLY one in the last 3 weeks to single him out as being the player that is making the difference in recent times. So lets have it right mate! HE was big again today ,this time chipping in with goals,whereas over the previous games his energy and tracking back was what made him the best player on the sqaud over the 3 week period. As i said when i noticed this change in his game ,if Ozil made the same effort i wouldnt complain even if he had very few assist or goals as Cazorla was doing before this game. He would be affecting the game and helping us out ,but he hasn't . Are you going to say i was wrong undrerrating Ozil now? or are you goig to wait until he strings a couple of games together before you step up and say "See i told you Ozil was a great player"!
He's been crap ,and the silence on the fact here by Arsenal fans )except Connor) has been laughable!

Unescceasrily tough game for Arsenal ! We certainly need to buy some player ! If Fulham have the wherwithall to grab Dempsey on loan ,then we should have the same to grab Oba Martins form Seattle at least! Just try him out and watch my brilliance shine once again ! :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:12 pm

specnur wrote:

Stan ,Cazorla has been crap up until the last 3 weeks ! You got some nerve talking like that after all this time of him doing very little :lol: ANyway i was obviously one of them who criticzed the player and i have been the ONLY one in the last 3 weeks to single him out as being the player that is making the difference in recent times. So lets have it right mate! HE was big again today ,this time chipping in with goals,whereas over the previous games his energy and tracking back was what made him the best player on the sqaud over the 3 week period. As i said when i noticed this change in his game ,if Ozil made the same effort i wouldnt complain even if he had very few assist or goals as Cazorla was doing before this game. He would be affecting the game and helping us out ,but he hasn't . Are you going to say i was wrong undrerrating Ozil now? or are you goig to wait until he strings a couple of games together before you step up and say "See i told you Ozil was a great player"!
He's been crap ,and the silence on the fact here by Arsenal fans )except Connor) has been laughable!

Unescceasrily tough game for Arsenal ! We certainly need to buy some player ! If Fulham have the wherwithall to grab Dempsey on loan ,then we should have the same to grab Oba Martins form Seattle at least! Just try him out and watch my brilliance shine once again ! :lol:

Cazorla has been our stand-out player since he signed for us. Early this season he got an injury, suffered a slight dip in form when he returned and is now getting back to his best. It's as simple as that for me.

Hams wrote:

I think you're being very generous about Arsenal's display Stan and that it was only average at best against a poor Fulham side!

These are the games you've got to win, and that's what we're doing.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby specnur » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Cazorla has been our stand-out player since he signed for us. Early this season he got an injury, suffered a slight dip in form when he returned and is now getting back to his best. It's as simple as that for me.

No he hasn't, Ramsey has been more effective in this one season alone than Cazorla has been in his entire time!
I think you are relying heavily in peole tendency to have s ahort term memory and i will not forget how average he was when he started for us. I think the last 3 weeks is the best he has played for us quite frankly and that is not because of his goals but because of his putting himslef about all over the pitch. I gave him man of the match without getting an assit or a goals in two games ,so that tells you that i am not focussing on his statistical output alone to criticize the boy.
I am being incredibly fair on him, but to say he's been our stand out player is nuts.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:33 pm

yes ..I think before he got injured Cazorla has been ok , but since the beginning of the season Ramsey has played like nothing can stop him ..against Fenerbache he got us through to the Champions League , since then his form has been pretty good in every game apart from maybe a couple of games ..13 goals in all competitions before getting injured is proof of that .

If Cazorla can keep up this form throughout the season and not just a handful of games then he will be a vital member of our team , Arsene Wenger will certainly then have a formidable midfield to play with .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:14 am

What about Jack Wilshere? He is also one of the main reasons why Arsenal are still top of the league at the moment.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League