Southampton v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Southampton v Arsenal

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Southampton drew their last game 2-2 away at Sunderland despite being 2-0 ahead in the first half.

The troubles continue for the Saints with Pablo Osvaldo now banned for attacking his team mate Jose Fonte in training.

Arsenal won their last match 2-0 against Fulham to stay top of the table and also beat Coventry 4-0 in last nights cup match.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Draws against Man City, Man United, and Newcastle tells you that Southampton can be a difficult team to beat at times. Their home record is decent, so I don't think this one will be an easy victory for Arsenal.

I looked at Arsenal's team against Coventry and wondered if Arsene Wenger is possibly playing a slightly dangerous game in fielding such a strong cup team. There is always the risk of injuries, and it is extra games fatiguing the best players.

I've been impressed with Arsenal's ability to win these 'headache' ties so far this season, but I'm forecasting a hiccup here. Southampton 1 Arsenal 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:10 am

Did you know that the last time Southampton beat Arsenal was in November 2002, with a James Beattie brace helping them to a 3-2 win at St Marys.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:20 pm

we need a win of course tomorrow , that would put us 4 pts clear for at least 24hrs . It is going to be a crucial February for us and it will certainly decide if we have a chance of ending our trophy drought .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Teams

Southampton:
Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Gallagher.

SUBS: K. Davis, Clyne, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Hooiveld, Isgrove

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Gnabry, Giroud.

SUBS: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Bendtner.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Flipping crap from Arsenal ,the entire team looks rubbish! As i say that we equalize!
The only thing i can say is that there is no way Southampton can maintain their energy level and we shoud get something out of this game! But we have looked shocking need i mention any names ? :roll:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:00 pm

HT

Southampton 1-0 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 pm

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Martin Tyler does everyting in his power to hide his contempt for ARsene Wenger!
He's been at it now for about 7 years ! Totally unprofessional.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:30 pm

There goes our stamina advantage ! Flippiig Flamini what the hell is he thinking making tackles like that! Idiot!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Flamini is a silly boy making that challenge. So Arsenal are looking for a favour from Tottenham? Well l?ve forecast a draw so Gooners can go to bed and rest easy. :wink:
I think the result is fair, Southampton could have had a two or three goal lead at half time . Good game, I suspect the Saints will give another big team a fright before the season is over...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Poor perormance from Arsenal. Picked it up i teh second half ,but all the momentum was lost once Flamini gpt himself carded!
Ozil picked up his game a bit in this one ,i guess he had to really because he's been shocking! That being said for the money and the hype given to him he was nowhere near the quality .
We drop a point when we could have lost quite easily.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:08 pm

FT

Southampton 2-2 Arsenal
1-0 Jose Fonte 21
1-1 Giroud 48
1-2 Cazorla 52
2-2 Lallana 54

The Gunners run of 5 wins in a row has come to an end as Flamini sees Red.

Any comments on this draw?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:46 am

I undestand that Arsenal turned up late at St Marys as they were stuck in traffic.

Have also just heard Arsene Wenger say on the radio that he thought it was harsh to send off Flamini.

Is the Gunners boss right to complain?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:26 am

Hams wrote:
Have also just heard Arsene Wenger say on the radio that he thought it was harsh to send off Flamini.

No, Flamini went in with studs up I don't see what Wenger has to complain about. I think he gets so upset and frustrated when his team loses or drops points that he makes comments that owe more to emotion than cold analysis.
The scandal would have been if Flamini had stayed on after that tackle.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
Hams wrote:

No, Flamini went in with studs up I don't see what Wenger has to complain about. I think he gets so upset and frustrated when his team loses or drops points that he makes comments that owe more to emotion than cold analysis.
The scandal would have been if Flamini had stayed on after that tackle.

He could have given a yellow because i he never made contact ,but i have absolutely no argument with the red!
A ridiculous challenge that should be punished in such a fashion every angle time ,The problem is is that if Gerrard made that tackle he would have stayed on the pitch there is no doubt in mind about that!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Studs up is bad enough but it's jumping in with two feet that's crazy. Flamini has a habit of doing this. I remember him doing it a few times with arsenal and Milan. It should be a red card every time no matter how far away from the opposing player.
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:03 pm

I have to say that first half was the worst I have seen Arsenal play this season!

Having seen the red card incident a few times now I don't think the ref had any other choice but to send off Flamini.

Its interesting how our Gunners fans on here have gone quiet! Is it because they no longer think they can win the title?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:46 pm

.... :lol: , what are you talking about Hams , it is more likely we are not talking on here because the forum is always so damn slow and buggy .

One bad result does not mean we are out of the title race ...the next few games probably will though if we don't get some good results , the difference is this season we have a chance ....the first in many years .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Conner99 wrote:.... :lol: , what are you talking about Hams , it is more likely we are not talking on here because the forum is always so damn slow and buggy .

One bad result does not mean we are out of the title race ...the next few games probably will though if we don't get some good results , the difference is this season we have a chance ....the first in many years .

You are right to a certain degree Conner!
I think we did have chance ,but not now ,not if we don't buy players!
The ball was in our court ,we had something to protect which was that lead at the top of the table!
Losing points against Southamptoon is not something we needed at this time. The advantage we had with Chelsea and man city changing manager and taking time to get into the flow of the season ,is gone and those teams will only become more consistent n getting results than us with this paper thin team.

We had to buy to maintain like i said before Xmas , now Wenger is trotting to that injury room a bit more often to see how those players are coming along! Who the hell is the head scout fro that team anyway? sack the mug!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League