Chelsea v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v West Ham

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Chelsea easily beat Man Utd 3-1 in their last game to keep in touch with Arsenal at the top of the table.
The Blues have now decided to sell Juan Mata to Man Utd for £37 million and will sign Mo Salah as his replacement.

West Ham lost their last game 3-1 at home to Newcastle and dropped back again into the bottom 3.

Some Hammers fans are furious that the squad have all gone to Dubai on a 4 day jolly as there not in the FA Cup.
According to Sam Allardyce they are there to do some warm weather training but none of them deserve such a trip.

If it was up to me they would be training on Southend sea front in the wind and rain and be grateful for a bag of chips after.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:52 am

A big coupon buster if West Ham get anything from this fixture. It will be interesting to see how Allardyce lines up the team against Chelsea, I'm guessing he will not start with the loan players as it would be a baptism of fire.
As much as I'd like to give Hammers fans some hope I can't see them making much of a dent on the Chelsea midfield/defence.
Chelsea 3 West Ham 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:41 am

If Spurs beat City and as expected Chelsea thrash the Hammers the Blues could go top of league on Wednesday night.

All I ask for in this game is that West Ham don't lie down and let our opponents walk all over us like they did at Upton Park

I can accept losing to anybody if the team just shows some fight and compassion and look proud to wear our clubs shirt.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Teams

Chelsea:
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto?o.

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cole, David Luiz, Matic, Lampard, Schurrle, Ba

West Ham:
Adrian, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, O'Brien, Noble, Taylor, Nolan (c), Downing, Diame, Carroll.

SUBS: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Jarvis, Nocerino, Morrison, C.Cole, Borriello.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Teams

Chelsea:
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto'o.

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cole, David Luiz, Matic, Lampard, Schurrle, Ba

West Ham:
Adrian, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, O'Brien, Noble, Taylor, Nolan (c), Downing, Diame, Carroll.

SUBS: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Jarvis, Nocerino, Morrison, C.Cole, Borriello.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:39 pm

HT

Chelsea 0-0 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 pm

FT

Chelsea 0-0 West Ham

Any comments on tonights draw?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Well bugger me sideways! Chelsea 0 West Ham 0 - where did that come from? Excellent point for West Ham, and another reminder that the 'special one' is not so special these days.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:44 am

great result!
How many shots was that Lampard attempted ? How many were on target?
Too damn slow for even that pitiful west ham defense ! :lol:
Anyway , happy for them west ham players that worked their asses off.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:05 am

Lampard wasn't on that long but he still worked the defenders and goalkeeper a few times. That game showed mourinho what Barcelona felt when a better Team than west ham put 11 behind the ball and frustrated a top team
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:01 am

eaman wrote:Lampard wasn't on that long but he still worked the defenders and goalkeeper a few times. That game showed mourinho what Barcelona felt when a better Team than west ham put 11 behind the ball and frustrated a top team

Are you saying that the defenders were not worked before he came on? :lol:
The cockney twat who commentated that game found it impossible to conceal his man crush on the ex west ham player .At one point must of mentioned his name 4 times in the space of 10 seconds ,it was beyond bizarre ! :D
Anyway Mourinho definitely didn't need two holding midfielders in this game so tactically he was inept!
he also brought on the wrong type of player to make a difference ,needed someone with bait more dimension to his game. Not just someone who lost his ability to make space for his shot due to to his cumbersome muscle mass ,but someone who could link some passes together and move at the same speed as the rest of the attacking line.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 am

specnur wrote: that pitiful west ham defense ! :lol:

We've now matched Arsenal on 10 clean sheets this season making ours the joint highest amount.

what a difference an almost full backline makes. players that know each others game and positioning. all of them were excellent but even more so were Noble and Taylor. between the two of them they must have covered more mileage than a dozen Forrest Gumps. exactly the type of display of heart and commitment that we want to see and why the Man City games were such an annoyance.

obviously we set out for the draw and rarely threatened but did have two fine chances of our own with Tomkins (and then a deflection off Nolan that could have gone in) and that dreadful Andy Carroll airshot which should have at least resulted in a shot on target.

Mourinho has been having a moan but he'll know as well as anyone that we did what we had to do. the point is invaluable for us as we've forced ourselves into a position where we desperately need these bonus points to stand a chance of survival.

a proud display from the players and that's been sorely missing lately. we need to go at Swansea next though to prevent this display becoming ultimately worthless. looks like O'Brien will be out for a while which is more grim news, hopefully Reid will be back in the next week or so.

man of the match was Matt Taylor, closely followed by Noble.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:48 am

How dare Jose Mourinho accuse us of playing 19th century football!

Didn't Chelsea go to Old Trafford recently and play without any strikers and park the bus against Man Utd?

If he thought we were going to go to their place and play open and expansive football he must be completely mad!

I was proud of the heroic way West Ham defended last night and that they showed fight and passion impressed me.

If anything it was a disgrace how the Blues players kept complaining to the referee all match but he had
the guts to stand firm and rightly disallowed the Eto'o goal late on when he tried to be clever and do a Cardiff on us.

It was free kick to the Hammers and Adrian was correct to put the ball on the ground and walk back to take the kick!

Its a shame that O'Brien will be out now with another injury and I thought we may have lost Diame when he went flying into the crowd!

I also think Andy Carroll needs to get in some shooting practice as he has now missed about 3 good chances to score!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am

you can't expect anything different from Mourinho so it should be taken with a pinch of salt. he'll know his team failed and that will be the source of his frustration, not our tactics.

Allardyce correctly laughed off Mourinho's comments and you'd have to ask Mourinho why his richly assembled squad couldn't break down our £2.5m defence.

Mourinho has employed identical tactics throughout his career at a variety of clubs - all of which with infinitely more resources than we have - and he will be fully aware the focus will now be on him and his comments rather than his sides ineffective finishing. typical diversionary tactics from him.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Any time his multi talented squads met barca he did the exact same thing. He has to remember that himself
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:49 pm

It should be noted that Chelsea had 39 shots against West Ham on Wednesday night but failed to score so they clearly have a problem with their strikers.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:26 am

Hams wrote:It should be noted that Chelsea had 39 shots against West Ham on Wednesday night but failed to score so they clearly have a problem with their strikers.

i've seen that stat bandied around all over the place but that must include literally every attempt, including ones that were blocked.

a more sensible stat would be the fact they only had about 8 shots on target - but that wouldn't allow the media to manipulate the minds of people that didn't get to see the game.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:51 am

I know it might sound childish but the fact that Frank Lampard failed to score against us when he came on as a sub was the highlight of the match for me.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League