West Ham v Swansea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Swansea

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:39 pm

West Ham probably shocked even their own fans last night as they managed to hold in form Chelsea to a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge . It was a well earned point in their battle against relegation , but they remain in the bottom three and face Swansea next at Upton Park ..can Andy Carroll start Hammer-ring the goals to get West Ham out of trouble .

Swansea ended their 8 game run without a win as they beat Fulham 2-0 at the Liberty Stadium , it lifted them clear of the danger zone and gave manager Michael Laudrup some breathing space ..a win against West Ham would further strengthen their
status in the Premier League .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:44 am

I'm going to be positive and predict a home win for the Hammers following our heroic 0-0 draw away at Chelsea on Wed.

(Andy Carroll to score his first goal since his comeback from injury.)

West Ham 2-1 Swansea
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:42 pm

Did you know that West Ham have kept 10 clean sheets in the Premier League this season, only Arsenal have as many.

It makes you wonder why we have done so badly this season!

I'm looking forward to seeing us play our usual brand of 19th century football when we take on the Swans on Saturday.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Difficult game to predict, but I'm going with a draw.

Terrific result for West Ham against Chelsea, but you have to think the football gods were smiling on them that night. I liked Allardyce's dismissive post match comments about Mourinho's whinging, I look forward to watching the 'special one's' expansive attacking formation against Man City.

I like Laudrup, I like the fact his team is not afraid to attack. This may have been his problem this season, as other teams have worked out Swansea and picked them off too often. I don't mind admitting they had me sweating in the first half in our recent away fixture. However, lots of possession means little unless you bury the ball in the onion sack (Copyright Footballing Clich?s Incorporated).

Taking the above into account I'm saying 1-1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Teams

West Ham:
Adrian, Demel, Collins, Tomkins, McCartney, Noble, Taylor, Jarvis, Downing, Nolan, Carroll

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Reid, Morrison, C.Cole, Johnson, Borriello, Nocerino.

Swansea City:
Tremmel, Tiendalli, Chico, Williams, Davies, Amat, de Guzman, Shelvey, Dyer, Routledge, Bony.

Subs: Cornell, Rangel, Britton, Pozuelo, Lamah, Hernandez, Ngog.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:35 pm

HT

West Ham 2-0 Swansea

Kevin Nolan with both goals!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:15 pm

Andy Caroll has been sent off!
Can the Hammers survive for the last 20 mins with 10 men?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:44 pm

FT

West Ham 2-0 Swansea
1-0 Nolan 26
2-0 Nolan 45

The Hammers climb out of the bottom 3 thanks to a double from captain Kevin Nolan.

I will have to see the Andy Carroll red card incident again to say if i thought he should have been dismissed.

All i will say at the moment is that there was contact but that Swansea defender Chico Flores really made a meal of it.

Any comments on West Ham's win?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

The Carroll sending off is a fly in the ointment, but excellent win for West Ham. I wonder if the Allardyce doubters will cut him some slack now they are out of the relegation zone?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:The Carroll sending off is a fly in the ointment, but excellent win for West Ham. I wonder if the Allardyce doubters will cut him some slack now they are out of the relegation zone?

Someone needs to cut him a suit he can fasten the buttons on..... Seriously though, Carroll looked
unplayable at times and the Hammerz were well worth the three points.

Such resilience to perform bereft of a man ,and kudos to Allardyce for instilling the fight that now
looks a given as soon as they take to the field...Now if he just didn't believe his PR team when they
insist 'George of Asda' is the name of a reputable tailor.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:27 am

Have seen the Carroll red card several times now and think it was wrong he was sent off.

I also think that the behaviour of Chico Flores in that incident was a disgrace and he should man up and admit he over reacted

I will be very disappointed if we are not successful in appealing the decision to dismiss our big striker.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:The Carroll sending off is a fly in the ointment, but excellent win for West Ham. I wonder if the Allardyce doubters will cut him some slack now they are out of the relegation zone?

they are not actually out of the relegation zone ..West Brom are above them on goal difference , they are not out of trouble just yet .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:40 am

i've mentioned my opinion of Flores numerous times since he rocked up to our shores and he confirms he view of him with every passing minute he spends on a football pitch. it is no exaggeration to suggest he is an utter stain on the sport and, i say this without hesitation, i hope his career is ended abruptly.

a fine win obviously marred by that farce of a red card. good to see we built on our fine defensive work against Chelsea to limit Swansea to a whopping 0 shots while getting a bit of attacking intent thrown in. i've said numerous times that Carroll is pivotal to our season and he was superb for us battling, holding up, winning headers. Swansea were absolutely hopeless against him so resorted to the only way they could rid themselves of him, cheating.

given the other results, this win was vital and we're going to need a few more performances like this. Mark Noble is stepping up in a big way laterly and it is a pleasure to see.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:06 pm

The Hammers have appealed to the FA over Carroll's Red card.

I would like to see some sort of action taken towards Flores for this blatant act of cheating.

I believe that he should be banned and would also like Swansea to make some sort of statement on the matter.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 am

there will be no action taken against Flower Boy since there is no precedent or remit to do so. certainly, the failure to rescind the red card would undermine any attempts the FA make to stamp out cheating but i wonder whether their hands are tied.

Laudrup was visibly embarrassed by the incident and i don't think Swansea need to add any more. it certainly isn't the first time and it wont be the last that we see of that slimy little mug conning a match official though.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:53 am

Do any of you guys think that West Ham might not be successful in getting the Red card overturned?

Personally I don't believe that there was any intent on Carroll's behalf to injure Mr Flowers but his arm did brush his fore head.

I just think it was an accident with both players going for the ball but the Swansea defender then cheated to make it look worse than what it was.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:21 pm

We have failed in our bid to have Carroll's red card overturned.

Is there no justice in football?

We should take this matter to the high court.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 am

while i would usually favour the dignified stance of taking it on the chin, i very much hope we kick up a massive stink about this, not least for the good of football. nothing we do will overturn the ban and we'll need to deal with that but it's plain to see that this decision underlines that cheating players feigning injury can do so with the backing of the FA.

not only did Flower Boy get Carroll out of his greasy hair in that game but now Swansea's relegation rivals will be without their best player for the next three games.

i'm not surprised by the decision to be honest though, i have to say.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I guess the FA didn't wan't Howard Webb to look bad given that he will be representing Englands's referees at the World cup.

I hope he never takes charge of our games ever again and Flores better not show up at Upton Park any time soon or he could lose his pony tail.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:32 am

Can you believe that cheat Flores has been on twitter

He posted: "I'm a bit tired of the strong insults from the west Ham fans. Whoever doesn't see the aggression in that action is blind.

"They should be more preoccupied with the ugly way their team play football: always making very long passes and never quick short passing.

"They should be worried about that before caring about such evident things."

He added: "Ok West Ham 2 - 0 Swansea... Swansea 24 Points. West Ham 22 Points. Hahaha. Smart !! Good luck".

I really do hope we take this all the way to the high court.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League