Stoke v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Stoke v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Stoke slipped nearer to the danger zone after a 1-0 defeat by Sunderland at the Stadium of Light , they had to play most of the second half with 10 men after Steven N'Zonzi was sent off for a second bookable offence , however manager Mark Hughes was proud of his players at the final whistle ..he said after the game .."I thought the lads were absolutely magnificent today. Sunderland had 10 to 15 minutes in the first half when we conceded and they had a lot of possession, but I thought from that point onwards we were magnificent, and with 10 men."

Man Utd gave their £37m record signing Juan Mata an instant debut against Cardiff , and he certainly gave the Old Traffford crowd something to cheer about as he helped his team win 2-0 and a big morale boost having lost four of their last six games , it kept the Reds in 7th place and with a good run they could still get back into the top spots .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:03 am

Stoke look like they are on a slippery pole down to the bottom three, and you can't help but think Man United will come good and be a much stronger team for the remainder of the season with Rooney and RVP available again. To be honest I'm pretty glad we have played them home and away already, with 4 points in the bag.
It will be interesting to see how the Mancs do against Arsenal and Liverpool in the coming weeks. This one should provide no "Man United in Crisis" headlines. Stoke 1 Man United 3.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:25 pm

I would be very worried if i was a Stoke fan about being dragged into relegation scrap and think Man Utd will win against Potters.

Stoke 1-2 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Seamus » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Could be the first time we see how a Mata-Rooney-RVP trio would play. Will it be another Tevez-Ronaldo-Rooney trinity..I live in hope!.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50 pm

TEAMS

Stoke:
Begovic, Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters, Odemwingie, Whelan, Adam, Arnautovic, Walters, Crouch;

Subs: Sorensen, Muniesa, Palacios, Guidetti, Assaidi, Shotton, Ireland

Man Utd
De Gea, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Rooney, Mata, Van Persie;

Subs: Lindegaard, Rafael, Valencia, Fletcher, Januzaj, Hernandez, Welbeck
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Stoke are winning 2-1 thanks to a couple of goals from Charlie Adam with about 10 mins to go.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:57 pm

I was hoping Man Utd would do West Ham a favour today and beat Stoke but even with Mata they're still rubbish!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:01 pm

FT

Stoke 2-1 Man Utd
1-0 Adam 38
1-1 Van Persie 47
2-1 Adam 52

Stoke move out of the bottom 3 after this victory at the Britannia stadium.

Any comments on this latest defeat for Man Utd and are they still rubbish even with Mata?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote: This one should provide no "Man United in Crisis" headlines. Stoke 1 Man United 3.

Man United in Crisis! Sack Moyes! Buy eleven new players now!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:26 pm

What did i say about Mata ,he is no good without a player of similar technique next to him.
But just as i thought Moyes just lumped him in the middle of the park with carrick and Cleverly ,what a joke!
Mata started well because of the obvious energy boost a new era with a big club predictably does ,but he faded big time as the game went on. You put either Januzaj or Kagawa ,but preferably both with him ,and you transform man u !
There is absolutely noting wrong with the team Man u have right now ,but like the England selection issues ,it;s who the manager picks to play that is the issue.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:30 am

Stoke certainly were very lucky with their first goal but there is no doubt that Adams second was a real belter!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:49 pm

specnur wrote:What did i say about Mata ,he is no good without a player of similar technique next to him.
But just as i thought Moyes just lumped him in the middle of the park with carrick and Cleverly ,what a joke!
Mata started well because of the obvious energy boost a new era with a big club predictably does ,but he faded big time as the game went on. You put either Januzaj or Kagawa ,but preferably both with him ,and you transform man u !
There is absolutely noting wrong with the team Man u have right now ,but like the England selection issues ,it;s who the manager picks to play that is the issue.

I have to laugh at the way these pundits ..ie MOTD ...automatically praise Mata as the best thing since sliced bread after just one game and that he will send Man Utd surging up the table into the top four . It will take time and even with Van Persie and Rooney back Man Utd had problems coping with Stoke ..Moyes is not Sir Alex Ferguson and I guess the fans have been finding that out this season ...they will have to prepare for a finish outside the top four unless he gets his team right in the next month or so ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

I said they would finish outside the top four with Moyes before the season started! :D
I just think he plays the game too close to what he's comfortable with and is not brave enough to change it!
Attack is the new defense ,what teams are doing now is getting more attack minded players on the pitch and converting them into defensive players rather than using the old blueprint of "if we don't concede we don't lose" ideology!

Man u's problem is that their offensive players are not in tune with the style of the game at the highest level in the premiership.You can't compare a Carrick or Cleverly with a Silva ,Coutinho, Mata ,Nasri ,Wilshere ,Ramsey , Cazorla and countless others.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:58 am

typical, when i actually want Moyes to pick up some points and keep Stoke down in trouble the ginger skeletor goes and throws the game.

an utter shambles of a result given his attacking players are back and a couple of defensive injuries really shouldn't be a game changer for a club of Man United's stature.

another week closer to 'parting company' i'd have thought. how much longer can this mediocrity go unchecked by the powers that be?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:33 pm

It's a joke alright!
Even i thought he would do better against some of these teams , just by the team running the show by themselves .
Feel sorry for the bloke to be honest ,he's just out of his depth ,and he is a victim of these instant stardom that every media outlet seems addicted to. He wasn't ready.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby prince.of.united » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:39 am

hahahahahaha! We are turning into a joke and I am joining the army laughing at the tactics. What a moron Moyes is! What the . Young still doing in the starting line-up! Why play, over-rated Cleverly with very sane Carrick in mid-field. Moyes love with English players is un-understandable! They are NO good!

For me Mata is very similar signing to Fellaini, both are panic buy! Fan thinks we need some good signing! Moyes thinks "Mata is a big player, lets sigh him" But you moron! Where the . you are gonna play him! Similar player read Kagawa is sitting ducks on the bench!

Moyes have to open his sane head and select the players with open eyes and not on basis of nationality!

PS: Sorry for the out-burst, I am still with Moyes and my team, but playing as defending champion and getting beaten knees down is something I never expected.

Well played Stoke, they full deserved it! (I know this is quite contradicting statement from me, but it is my try to appreciate well earned 3 points.)
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Return to Barclays Premier League