Arsenal v Crystal Palace

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Crystal Palace

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Arsenal lost their place at the top of the league after a 2-2 draw at Southampton , coming back from a goal down to lead 2-1 it looked like another 3 pts for Arsene Wenger and his team , but his usually stable defence were left wanting as Southampton equalised almost immediately ..and with Mathieu Flamini seeing red for a two-footed challenge on Schneiderlin ..it was a frantic last 10 mins for the Gunners ...Arsene Wenger said after the match "Flamini got the ball. At some stage we have all the feet off the ground - when you want to run you need to put the feet off the ground , you want the three points in every game but it is a difficult place Southampton. When you look at the overall record it can happen sometimes away from home you take only one point."



Crystal Palace gained another vital 3pts as they won 1-0 against Hull , it moved them up the table into 14th place , although they are still only 5 pts off the bottom three ..manager Tony Puils knows there is still a lot of work to do ..We are pleased. The resilience the players showed was absolutely first class. We were together and showed a lot of spirit."We have seen again today that we have played a team with a lot of quality. We have 23 points, we need another 17 and it is going to be difficult, we know that."
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:37 am

I see no real dramas for Arsenal in this tie, despite their lack lustre display against the Saints and Crystal Palace's morale boosting win.
3-0 home win.
User avatar
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:14 pm

Despite their injuries i think Arsenal will win this one easily and go back to the top of league at least until Monday night.

Arsenal 3-1 Crystal Palace.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39699
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:08 am

Likely Line Ups

Arsenal
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Oxlaide Chamberlain, Cazorla, Ozil, Gnabry, Giroud,


Crystal Palace
Speroni, Mariappa, Gabiddon, Delaney, Moxey, Ward, Jedinak, Puncheon, Bolasie, Jerome, Chamakh
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39699
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:09 am

Arsenal will go back to the top of the table at least for Sunday night with a home win against Crystal Palace.
Any comments or predictions?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39699
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:02 pm

I sure hope so , another slip up and doubts will start to creep in , good news is we have our new signing Kim Kallstrom to help in the midfield position..doh , oh no I forgot he was injured playing beach football and we only found out after he arrived , he will probably be out for the next six weeks ..great signing there :roll:
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby specnur » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:03 pm

I wonder if Herr Steely watched this game!
Crystal Palace that bastion of defensive integrity and yet again Ozil failed to dominate them in the area he was assigned!
This is getting a bit worrisome for me as ,i have noticed at Chelsea with Lampard ,his teammates do not even see him as a viable option in the attack due to his ineffectiveness.
Good performance from OX ,the type of performance i would expect from an Arsenal player against such opposition .
Wenger is going to have to make some decisions soon if he gets all his mid fielders back fit ,if Ozil is still having these types of performances. He will be caught between having to play Ozil after spending so much money on him just to save face ,or lose his dressing room with players performing better having to sit and watch this player stink up the pitch!
Ozil's body language tells me that he is beyond frustrated, His mental strength will be key in him fighting through this tough growing stage of his career.
A predictable win for Arsenal.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:16 pm

FT

Arsenal 2-0 Crystal Palace
1-0 Oxlade-Chamberlain 47
2-0 Oxlade-Chamberlain 73

Arsenal go back to the top of the table at least until monday night.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored his first league goals for over one year.

It was a poor first half from the Gunners but they did step things up in 2nd period.

Any more comments on todays win?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39699
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I forgot to mention how poor Arsenal's support was at the Emirates.
This is a team who has a small chance to win the title for the first time in many years
but there was NO atmosphere at the ground apart from the away fans from Palace.

How are the players meant to raise their game when the supporters cant be bothered to get behind them?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39699
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:25 pm

specnur wrote:I

Wenger is going to have to make some decisions soon if he gets all his mid fielders back fit ,if Ozil is still having these types of performances. He will be caught between having to play Ozil after spending so much money on him just to save face ,or lose his dressing room with players performing better having to sit and watch this player stink up the pitch!
Ozil's body language tells me that he is beyond frustrated, His mental strength will be key in him fighting through this tough growing stage of his career.
.


While I will not be too critical of Ozil ...he has been consistently poor for a month or so now , the odd few good passes and assists and a decent 20 min period in some games is simply not good enough , while I am sure Wenger has not lost faith in Ozil just yet he is at the moment performing well below what a £42m record signing should be doing .


As for the atmosphere at the Emirates ...well Highbury was often referred to as the Library , a few managers have moaned about the support at their home grounds ....West Ham, Chelsea ...Tottenham to name a few . It is just one of those things that happen from time to time ..teams just have to do the best they can to get the crowd going
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:48 am

specnur wrote:I wonder if Herr Steely watched this game!


:lol:

sorry to disappoint but i haven't seen it - not even the 'highlights'.

perhaps you're right though - maybe a rest would do Ozil good. he's featured more than probably any other Arsenal midfielder and yet Arsene refuses to give him a rest - funny that, considering he supposedly offers nothing.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39734
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:I wonder if Herr Steely watched this game!


:lol:

sorry to disappoint but i haven't seen it - not even the 'highlights'.

perhaps you're right though - maybe a rest would do Ozil good. he's featured more than probably any other Arsenal midfielder and yet Arsene refuses to give him a rest - funny that, considering he supposedly offers nothing.


Bloke , he doesn't even attract the attention of a man marker, at 42 million quid ? That's outrageous!
They basically sit off him more than any other player in our attacking midfield now. He's almost a non factor!
Now you look at the effort of Cazorla and it seems to me that he is personally out there every game to embarrass Ozil.
The diminutive Spaniard was making goal threatening tackles like he was Ashley cole in his prime ,i applaud him!

My beef isn't with Ozil it's with all those media blinded people that questioned my opinion when we signed him ,who know nothing about football! That's why i will continue to out him at every turn when he fails to live up to his glowing reports.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 pm

Ozil ranks first in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for total passes completed in the opponent?s half with an incredible 856 to his name.

This represents an average of one every 1.84 minutes he?s been on the pitch this season.

just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. he is very much instrumental in ticking Arsenal along and one of the key reasons for the turnaround in fortunes for the club between last season and this season.

Wenger knows it.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39734
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Ozil ranks first in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for total passes completed in the opponent?s half with an incredible 856 to his name.

This represents an average of one every 1.84 minutes he?s been on the pitch this season.

just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. he is very much instrumental in ticking Arsenal along and one of the key reasons for the turnaround in fortunes for the club between last season and this season.

Wenger knows it.


Didn't i read you saying something about "i trust my eyes"?
Well i trust my eyes mate and the bloke was a passenger in almost every game he has played this season for Arsenal.
I saw him make 5 passes in the space of 15 seconds in this game ,and i instantly thought about how meaningless ons e of these stats were! All he did was pass between him and a player stood 8 feet away back and forth that whole time.Hilarious!
I saw that !
:lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:Ozil ranks first in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for total passes completed in the opponent?s half with an incredible 856 to his name.

This represents an average of one every 1.84 minutes he?s been on the pitch this season.

just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. he is very much instrumental in ticking Arsenal along and one of the key reasons for the turnaround in fortunes for the club between last season and this season.

Wenger knows it.


Didn't i read you saying something about "i trust my eyes"?
Well i trust my eyes mate and the bloke was a passenger in almost every game he has played this season for Arsenal.
I saw him make 5 passes in the space of 15 seconds in this game ,and i instantly thought about how meaningless ons e of these stats were! All he did was pass between him and a player stood 8 feet away back and forth that whole time.Hilarious!
I saw that !
:lol:


:lol:

while i don't disagree, that is true of every player though to be fair.

Ozil is an absolutely fundamental part of Arsenal's attacking play and they look to play through him at every opportunity. you're right he doesn't make lung-bursting runs back into his own box and crunch opposing strikers but he simply doesn't need to.

i liken discussions on Ozil with those i have with my Arsenal mates about Koscielny v Mertesacker. Koscielny is a hollywood defender. heart on the sleeve, last ditch tackles and blood and guts. his influence on a game is so visible even Stevie Wonder can see it - both the good and the bad. Mertesacker is far more cultured. his skill is in his reading of the game, his composure and his positioning. sadly, those invaluable attributes are not as visual and so his contribution will often go largely unnoticed when pitted against his defensive partner. however, those with a more analytical mind will see who provides the overall greater contribution to the side.

Ozil is another player who you need to watch for hidden attributes. his spotting of passes that do not seem 'on', his constant willingness to take the ball, his movement to get himself into positions to retrieve the ball, his knowledge of when to do something simple and when to try something spectacular (Steven Gerrard take note). The trouble with Ozil is that for his game to be truly appreciated he needs players on his wavelength. a team mate in tune with his vision will be able to get on the end of an unlikely through ball that would otherwise have been a wasted pass into the gollkeeper's hands when put behind the back line.

Arsenal simply have no player that plays off the last man (except Walcott) and so, as i have said, this key attribute becomes unused. despite this, Ozil is still regularly assisting goals directly and indirectly with his vision and creativity. he is creating numerous chances for ARsenal in every game and has cemented his place as a key focal point for Arsenal's attack.

i know you can't see it and you'll disagree with every word but that is how I and, undoubtedly, Wenger see him at this moment in time. they great thing from an Arsenal perspective is that the player will improve as he adapts and, particularly, the team will benefit if he gets a chance to build up a rapport with Mr Walcott.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39734
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Steely Hill wrote:

:lol:

while i don't disagree, that is true of every player though to be fair.

Ozil is an absolutely fundamental part of Arsenal's attacking play and they look to play through him at every opportunity. you're right he doesn't make lung-bursting runs back into his own box and crunch opposing strikers but he simply doesn't need to.


As i have said in the last few posts , he doesn't need to do that!
For large parts of the game he is a non factor ,if you watched entire games you will understand what i am talking about.
I'm not picking on him for the sake of it mate , i want Arsenal to do well! I would love him to do well for us make no mistake about it. But the thing is he's been crap! When we are struggling he's standing about feeling sorry for himself.


i liken discussions on Ozil with those i have with my Arsenal mates about Koscielny v Mertesacker. Koscielny is a hollywood defender. heart on the sleeve, last ditch tackles and blood and guts. his influence on a game is so visible even Stevie Wonder can see it - both the good and the bad. Mertesacker is far more cultured. his skill is in his reading of the game, his composure and his positioning. sadly, those invaluable attributes are not as visual and so his contribution will often go largely unnoticed when pitted against his defensive partner. however, those with a more analytical mind will see who provides the overall greater contribution to the side.


MAte , Mertesacker HAS to be "cultured" he's lanky throwback that has no business in games against progressive thinking teams !
He has done well against teams that want to lob the ball into the area ,but he has been exposed numerous times recently against teams that play the ball on the ground with quick passing in and around the box. Man city comes to mind! he has done well for the limited ability he has for being so tall ,but he will not be a deciding factor in stopping them teams having success there is no question about that.


Ozil is another player who you need to watch for hidden attributes. his spotting of passes that do not seem 'on', his constant willingness to take the ball, his movement to get himself into positions to retrieve the ball, his knowledge of when to do something simple and when to try something spectacular (Steven Gerrard take note). The trouble with Ozil is that for his game to be truly appreciated he needs players on his wavelength. a team mate in tune with his vision will be able to get on the end of an unlikely through ball that would otherwise have been a wasted pass into the gollkeeper's hands when put behind the back line.


I read that the last time we had this debate ,so i looked out for it the recent game and i didn't see it! Not even making a fraction of the passes that set up attacking plays like Hleb did and didn't get credit for.
His teammates do not want to give him the ball even right now! He is not their first option like 42 million quid player should be ,which is troubling to say the least.


Arsenal simply have no player that plays off the last man (except Walcott) and so, as i have said, this key attribute becomes unused. despite this, Ozil is still regularly assisting goals directly and indirectly with his vision and creativity. he is creating numerous chances for ARsenal in every game and has cemented his place as a key focal point for Arsenal's attack.


You are on drugs man, what game are you watching? I saw him make some good plays in an Arsenal shirt ,i am not so stupid that i cannot recognize a players effect on games. He got goals he got assists ,but his overall input in games has been trash! I give cazorla credit when he is not scoring but putting in an effort . Most here said i had i bias against cazorla ,so to say i'm not giving Ozil credit because of some bias is untrue.

i know you can't see it and you'll disagree with every word but that is how I and, undoubtedly, Wenger see him at this moment in time. they great thing from an Arsenal perspective is that the player will improve as he adapts and, particularly, the team will benefit if he gets a chance to build up a rapport with Mr Walcott.


The thing is ,you can't rely on his chance to build a chemistry with one player . If you are a real player ,then you look at what Ramsey is doing ,how Cazorla is playing outside of his comfort zone for the team and you put in a similar effort not to loo bad. People already expect you to score more goals than he;s done so it is imperative that he steps his game up and not rest on the few stats that he got earlier in the season.It wouldn't surprise me if the only reason he is starting games after the last outing is because of injuries. I am sure he would be sat out of games otherwise.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:56 am

he may well be quiet for parts of games. however, all it takes is one moment of genius from him and a goal is scored. he doesn't need to be a workhorse to open up chances as he is a few steps ahead of his opponents in his head. a case in point is the top class through ball he played to Monreal (not for the first time those to have connnected to sublime effect) who bumbled his scoring opportunity when it should have been 1-0 Arsenal.

again though, without Monreal being aware of the run Ozil would have been reduced to passing it simple. this is what i mean about his talent needing other players to be on his wavelenght. he isn't a Eden HAzard who can conjure some skill on his own and take on 4 players before finishing himself. i think that is what many of the senationalists were expecting and is attributable to the reasons people are 'disappointed'. they simply didn't/don't understand the player they have at their disposal.

Mertesacker has been Arsenal's best defender in every game i've ever watched Arsenal play Man City. once he got over his early settling in period and adaptation to our league he has cemented his place among the leagues top central defenders. second only to Kompany in my book.

again, if your criticism of Ozil is that he doesn't work hard enough, doesn't defend and isn't influential for the duration of the 90 minutes then i agree with you on those points. however, you're allowing those things to cloud what he actually does bring and can bring to the team.

as i've also said, a rest now and again would probably do him good as well. whether it is injuries or whether wenger understands his importance which is why he plays so much is open to debate but i think Arsene knows his is a better team with Ozil in than it is without him. whether you agree or not is down to you but i think anybody with an ounce of footballing intelligence is fully aware that Arsenal are better with him than without. the league table most certainly provides a very obvious clue to that, if you're unable to see the details of the game.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39734
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Steely Hill wrote:he may well be quiet for parts of games. however, all it takes is one moment of genius from him and a goal is scored. he doesn't need to be a workhorse to open up chances as he is a few steps ahead of his opponents in his head. a case in point is the top class through ball he played to Monreal (not for the first time those to have connnected to sublime effect) who bumbled his scoring opportunity when it should have been 1-0 Arsenal.

again though, without Monreal being aware of the run Ozil would have been reduced to passing it simple. this is what i mean about his talent needing other players to be on his wavelenght. he isn't a Eden HAzard who can conjure some skill on his own and take on 4 players before finishing himself. i think that is what many of the senationalists were expecting and is attributable to the reasons people are 'disappointed'. they simply didn't/don't understand the player they have at their disposal.

Mertesacker has been Arsenal's best defender in every game i've ever watched Arsenal play Man City. once he got over his early settling in period and adaptation to our league he has cemented his place among the leagues top central defenders. second only to Kompany in my book.

again, if your criticism of Ozil is that he doesn't work hard enough, doesn't defend and isn't influential for the duration of the 90 minutes then i agree with you on those points. however, you're allowing those things to cloud what he actually does bring and can bring to the team.

as i've also said, a rest now and again would probably do him good as well. whether it is injuries or whether wenger understands his importance which is why he plays so much is open to debate but i think Arsene knows his is a better team with Ozil in than it is without him. whether you agree or not is down to you but i think anybody with an ounce of footballing intelligence is fully aware that Arsenal are better with him than without. the league table most certainly provides a very obvious clue to that, if you're unable to see the details of the game.


Flipping hell mate ,you do have a serious hard on for the boy i'l tell you that!
If he is not effective in games ,is it in his best interest to wait around to make that killer pass whilst your teammates struggle to defend?
Maybe it's because of my vast experience watching my son play form the age of 6 - 21 ,that i know the best way to get involved in game when you are not having a good one is to get involved in other ways. What is happening to Ozil is that because he is not making that effort in other areas and not even looking like he's trying to help out ,his teammates are not looking at hi as an option when they do have an attack! Somewhat of a snowball effect so to speak.
He will soon find himself an outcast and not even Gnabry, his countrymen who's he's quickly befriended on the bench when subbed, will want to sit next to him.

As i tell my son never leave the pitch with energy left in your tank when things aren't going as you like!
Luckily we have pulled them games out with 10 men because of Ozil's disappearing act. Because if we had lost them games ,the heat he would have felt form his teammates would have froze the sun!

As for Mertesacker he's been a good defender for us but our best i can't see it! Koscielny for me has made more game saving tackles ,as well as the usual blunder . But Metersacker has looked vulnerable against the type of teams i have mentioned and that does;t bed well for us in Europe at all.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:46 am

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:he may well be quiet for parts of games. however, all it takes is one moment of genius from him and a goal is scored. he doesn't need to be a workhorse to open up chances as he is a few steps ahead of his opponents in his head. a case in point is the top class through ball he played to Monreal (not for the first time those to have connnected to sublime effect) who bumbled his scoring opportunity when it should have been 1-0 Arsenal.

again though, without Monreal being aware of the run Ozil would have been reduced to passing it simple. this is what i mean about his talent needing other players to be on his wavelenght. he isn't a Eden HAzard who can conjure some skill on his own and take on 4 players before finishing himself. i think that is what many of the senationalists were expecting and is attributable to the reasons people are 'disappointed'. they simply didn't/don't understand the player they have at their disposal.

Mertesacker has been Arsenal's best defender in every game i've ever watched Arsenal play Man City. once he got over his early settling in period and adaptation to our league he has cemented his place among the leagues top central defenders. second only to Kompany in my book.

again, if your criticism of Ozil is that he doesn't work hard enough, doesn't defend and isn't influential for the duration of the 90 minutes then i agree with you on those points. however, you're allowing those things to cloud what he actually does bring and can bring to the team.

as i've also said, a rest now and again would probably do him good as well. whether it is injuries or whether wenger understands his importance which is why he plays so much is open to debate but i think Arsene knows his is a better team with Ozil in than it is without him. whether you agree or not is down to you but i think anybody with an ounce of footballing intelligence is fully aware that Arsenal are better with him than without. the league table most certainly provides a very obvious clue to that, if you're unable to see the details of the game.


Flipping hell mate ,you do have a serious hard on for the boy i'l tell you that!
If he is not effective in games ,is it in his best interest to wait around to make that killer pass whilst your teammates struggle to defend?
Maybe it's because of my vast experience watching my son play form the age of 6 - 21 ,that i know the best way to get involved in game when you are not having a good one is to get involved in other ways. What is happening to Ozil is that because he is not making that effort in other areas and not even looking like he's trying to help out ,his teammates are not looking at hi as an option when they do have an attack! Somewhat of a snowball effect so to speak.
He will soon find himself an outcast and not even Gnabry, his countrymen who's he's quickly befriended on the bench when subbed, will want to sit next to him.

As i tell my son never leave the pitch with energy left in your tank when things aren't going as you like!
Luckily we have pulled them games out with 10 men because of Ozil's disappearing act. Because if we had lost them games ,the heat he would have felt form his teammates would have froze the sun!

As for Mertesacker he's been a good defender for us but our best i can't see it! Koscielny for me has made more game saving tackles ,as well as the usual blunder . But Metersacker has looked vulnerable against the type of teams i have mentioned and that does;t bed well for us in Europe at all.


:lol:

i'm merely outlining the attributes you appear to be missing. it most certainly isn't me with the homo-erotic affections for certain players to have graced the Premier League. ;-)

Yes, it is in his and the team's best interests to allow their players to do what they're good at. Drogba would come back to defend corners because he was brilliant at it, however, Aguero isn't so good and so he stays up front. with a back four and 3/4 of the midfield going deeper Arsenal should have enough to repel the vast majority of attacks, particularly against inferior opposition and so there is no need to Ozil to try to do something he isn't suited to just to appease a few terrace cretins who can't understand what he brings to the team.

it is pure nonsense to suggest his team mates do not look for Ozil when they have the ball. Ozil is a massive asset to have when you're in possession of the ball but not so much when you're not in possession. it really is that simple but you're confusing the two and allowing a non-existant part of his game drag down your view of his actual ability.

again, you're highlighting my point on Mertesacker and Koscielny. Kos is very much a highlights package player. last ditch tackles and the like. however, it's very rare that Mertesacker is even in a position to need to make a last ditch tackle. that's why he is superior. they're Arsenal's version of Hyppia and Carragher.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39734
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
:lol:

i'm merely outlining the attributes you appear to be missing. it most certainly isn't me with the homo-erotic affections for certain players to have graced the Premier League. ;-)

Yes, it is in his and the team's best interests to allow their players to do what they're good at. Drogba would come back to defend corners because he was brilliant at it, however, Aguero isn't so good and so he stays up front. with a back four and 3/4 of the midfield going deeper Arsenal should have enough to repel the vast majority of attacks, particularly against inferior opposition and so there is no need to Ozil to try to do something he isn't suited to just to appease a few terrace cretins who can't understand what he brings to the team.

it is pure nonsense to suggest his team mates do not look for Ozil when they have the ball. Ozil is a massive asset to have when you're in possession of the ball but not so much when you're not in possession. it really is that simple but you're confusing the two and allowing a non-existant part of his game drag down your view of his actual ability.

again, you're highlighting my point on Mertesacker and Koscielny. Kos is very much a highlights package player. last ditch tackles and the like. however, it's very rare that Mertesacker is even in a position to need to make a last ditch tackle. that's why he is superior. they're Arsenal's version of Hyppia and Carragher.


A lot of what you say here sounds vaguely familiar ! :lol:

Aguero is a goal scoring machine , but if he's not scoring he's trying his ass off all game .That is NOT what Ozil is doing!

I am telling you ,he is looked upon as less of an option going forward in each game that goes by . For a man who's supposed to ahem the magic that you say he has ,you would think that if he is open he would be the first option on the break ,he is not ! Early in games he gets more of the ball ,but as the game s wears on and he is not putting forth a similar effort than his team mates he gets less touches of the ball. I noticed it about month ago.
I ma not letting a non existent part of his game cloud my judgment in any shape or form ,as i mentioned before he joined us and even in the last world cup ,that i thought the boy was overrated. Noting has changed my view on him ,it's his tendency to get mentally taken out of games very easily.

As for the mertesacker Koscielny debate it's a waste of time ,i'm not mad at either player right now .I just worry more about Mertesacker than i do about Koscielny against the more creative attacks to come. As much as he is mentally superior in his approach ,his physical attributes make him a doodle to play against if your any of the players i have mentioned above. His reaction speed , is slower is foot speed is slower and no brain in the world can compensate for the type of body he has!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16017
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests