Liverpool v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Liverpool fell victims to a horrendous back pass from defender Kolo Toure as he gift wrapped West Brom an equaliser , the game finished 1-1 and it meant another missed chance for the Reds to strengthen their position in 4th place . However manager Brendan Rodgers was not too critical of Toure after the game ..he said " he shouldn't have received the ball in the first place."He is an experienced guy so he knows it was a mistake. He is devastated because he is a real conscientious guy.Unfortunately, it has cost us two points but, hopefully, we will see it as a point gained at the end of the season."

Arsenal regained top spot in the Premiership after beating Crystal Palace 2-0 at the Emirates ...and following the defeat of Man City they remain 2 pts in front . It was the return of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain who made the difference ..his two goals meant manager Arsene Wenger did not have to worry too much about the recent injury of new signing Kim Kallstrom before he had even played for the Gunners..he commented after the match."It was a great day for [Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain]. He was out for a long, long time and we needed to be patient to get him back to full fitness. He had a great game and scored two great goals.He is also a good finisher and hopefully these two goals will give him some confidence as he is not always sure he is a good goalscorer."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 pm

This is the game I'm most looking forward to watching this weekend.

I don't think Suarez has done very well in last couple of matches and he needs
to show to his critics that he can score against the very best on a regular basis.

I think Koscilny and Mertesacker have both been excellent at the back for Arsenal this season.

What would also be nice is to see a top quality game from Ozil who has only been avearge at best.

Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 am

I don't think Suarez needs to prove to anyone how good he is ....just because he has not scored in a few matches means nothing , he only needs half a chance as he has showed many times this season .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 am

Conner99 wrote:I don't think Suarez needs to prove to anyone how good he is ....just because he has not scored in a few matches means nothing , he only needs half a chance as he has showed many times this season .

What i meant Conner is that we need to see him scoring on a regular basis against teams like Arsenal,Chelsea and Man City.
Not just against the likes of Norwich.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Well since we lost to WBA last week I think we will win this one ...that's usually how it goes...lose to a non top team (no offence WBA supporters) and then come back swinging to win and restore the faith...only to lose to another not so top team.

I just hope Coutinho and Toure do not start since tho the latter may be done by default. I much prefer Coutinho as an impact sub particularly these days since he's just been a shadow of himself for the last couple months.

Liverpool 2-1
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:Well since we lost to WBA last week I think we will win this one ...that's usually how it goes...lose to a non top team (no offence WBA supporters

Chap, you got a draw with the Baggies so your theory may be flawed. I agree with Hams that this is a mouth watering tie for anyone who claims to be a football fan. I?ve been impressed with Arsenal?s staying power this season and they have a good record against the ?Pool.
Liverpool are having their best season for many a year and this is their opportunity to say ?we
are still up there?. I fancy a tight affair with Arsenal winning by the odd goal in three.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:00 pm

will be surprised to see Liverpool come away with the three points in this game but doubt they'll leave empty handed.

Liverpool are always suspect at the back and think they'll be breached at least once by Arsenal and, given the Arsenal backline has been relatively tight i can only opt for a 1-1 result here.

Arsenal do need to start winning these big games though so they'll be going for it while looking to put the shackles on the goofy bottom-feeder leading the Liverpool front line.

could be a very disturbing game for Gerrard and Henderson if Rodgers has the audacity to pair them again.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:57 pm

I dreaded facing Spurs away ,I had reservations about the Bitterz at our place ,and I
was visibly agitated at the prospect of facing a very physical Stoke team at the Britannia.

So I'm sticking with the precedent I have set ,and tomorrows game at Anfield I will be
quietly depositing a brick from my derri?re on the outcome of this particular encounter.

Fingers crossed the same sort of reversal occurs.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:18 am

Did you know that Liverpool have won just one of their last
13 Premier League games against Arsenal (W1 D7 L5) and none of the last six at Anfield (W0 D3 L3).

I had no idea that the Reds have such a poor record against the Gunners!

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Teams

LIVERPOOL:
Mignolet, Flanagan, Skrtel, Toure, Cissokho, Coutinho, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge

SUBS: Jones, Alberto, Aspas, Moses, Allen, Ibe, Kelly

ARSENAL:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud.

SUBS: Rosicky, Podolski, Fabianski, Bendtner, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Gnabry.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 pm

1-0 Liverpool

Not a great start, made ever so much better by the blissful commentary of the likeable Michael Owen.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Sorry Stan!

Its now Liverpool 3-0 Arsenal! What a brilliant start to the game by the Reds!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:05 pm

Jeezy Peeps, what a game. 3-0 to Liverpool, could be 5-0 with 17 minutes played. Liverpool absolutely destroying the Gooners, they have a mountain to climb to get anything from this one.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby mrtz » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:06 pm

FOUR NIL!!!

S A S A S!!!!

SKRTEL STERLING STURRIDGE!!!
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Make that Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal!

I have near seen anything like it! :shock:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 pm

what.. is.. going... on? :shock:
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Game over, I have to say it looks like there will be more goals in this game, cracking entertainment!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:15 pm

4-4 anyone?
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby specnur » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:17 pm

If there was ever a time Wenger needs to make a move it's now and take Ozil off ,he coast two of these goals by turning it over !
Koscielny poor for the first goal and Mertesacker has been invisible in this deluge ,they have just run around the big oaf.
But if the game goes the way it's going ,Ozil will not see the next game ,his time n the bench has surely come!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pokerkings » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Worst Arsenal manager EVER!!

I dont care how he goes, but he must be removed immediately.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League