Laudrup Sacked/Monk In

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Laudrup Sacked/Monk In

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:33 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... el-laudrup

:shock:

Even winning trophies and getting into europe with an unfancied team means nothing nowadays.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 pm

It would seem to be strange timing to sack a manager, I can only assume they have a man waiting in the wings to take over. It has turned to sh*t for Laudrup this season, and in a knee jerk business like Premier League football we shouldn't be surprised by this.
I think Laudrup will find another club, perhaps a bit older and wiser for his time at Swansea. I guess the compensation he gets for termination of his contract will ease the pain as he has a holiday from the pressure pot of English football.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:44 pm

I know Swansea have not done as well this season but they are still in Europa League and could still stay in the premier.

With the South Wales derby coming up this weekend against Cardiff which is their biggest game this seems like poor timing.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:58 am

i'm fairly sure this isn't entirely related to on-field matters.

there's been quite a few bust ups between manager and board over numerous things and i dare say that Laudrup wasn't the man who identified and signed Swansea's two championship signings in January.

Laudrup will move onto bigger and better things while, hopefully, Swansea will hurtle out of the top flight.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 pm

It looks like long serving defender Garry Monk will be Swansea's head coach for foreseeable future.

Is it a good idea to hire someone with no managrial experience what so ever even if they do know the club inside out?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Tipster » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:02 am

He did have a bad record this season. Think it was one win in the last ten. Still saying that - you're right - he did win a cup and is still in Europe.

I think one of the reasons is that he was rumoured to be looking elsewhere, apart from Swansea, at the end of the season. Might as well get him out now if his heart's not in it.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby prince.of.united » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:12 am

Laudrup is getting sacked after having memorable last season at Swansea then Moyes should consider himself lucky to still manage United after all the slip-ups.

Swansea FC management will regret their decision for sure, I guess it was because of Laudrup their prolific striker Michu signed for them. Once tipped to replace Wenger at Arsenal and now getting the stick, cant get more bizarre than this!
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Re: Laudrup Sacked

Postby Hams » Wed May 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Garry Monk has signed a 3 year contract to become the permanent manager of Swansea City.
He has been interim coach since Michael Laurdrup was fired 4 months ago and managed to keep them in the PL this season.

Is this is mistake or the right decision?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League