Norwich V Man City

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Norwich V Man City

Postby Conner99 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Norwich will hope that they have more luck in the game against Man City than they had against Cardiff , a 2-1 defeat left the Canaries only 2 pts above the relegation zone , but manager Chris Hughton will wonder how his side came away with nothing after racking up 27 shots on goal ..with 6 on target ...he said after the game "their goalkeeper had a good day but if we make mistakes like we did we have to be scoring goals at the other end. "We are angry because we have come away with nothing from a game we should have won but I can't fault the effort and determination to get back in the game."

Man City lost their 100% home record **yes its true** as they were beaten 1-0 by title rivals Chelsea at the Etihad , it was the first time Man City had not scored a goal in a home league match since november 2010 ...the defeat allowed Arsenal to remain at the top of the table ...Man City return to second in the table 2 pts behind the Gunners .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 am

I'm sure we will see a good response from Man City following that defeat at home
to Chelsea last Monday which will continue the pressure on Chris Hughton and hopefully keep Norwich down the bottom.

Norwich 1-3 Man City
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:34 am

Oh how I'd like to see Norwich get something from this game. Never mind predictions about league champions, I'd be delighted if this is where the Man City dream team turns into a 'Nightmare on Carrow Road'.

Sadly, I don't think that is going to happen, Man City will be out to expunge the memory of defeat to the Chelsea at home, which means a thumping is on the cards for Norwich.

The reverse tie was the famous 7-0 trouncing in Manchester, that is bound to be playing on the minds of Norwich players and fans alike. It is almost 'damage limitation' before kick off. Norwich have not managed to upset a 'big' club this season, they have been taking points off their relegation rivals and that is where their fight is - not here.

Norwich 0 Man City 3.
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Teams

NORWICH CITY:
Ruddy, Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson, Redmond, Tettey, Johnson, Pilkington, Fer, Hooper.

Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, van Wolfswinkel, Hoolahan, Garrido, Becchio, Josh Murphy

MANCHESTER CITY:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Milner, Toure, Silva, Jovetic, Negredo.

Subs: Pantilimon, Richards, Rodwell, Lopes, Kolarov, Dzeko, Lescott.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Still 0-0 in this one with about 20 mins to go!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Well bugger me sideways with a fish fork. Excellent point for Norwich, and if there is a single inbred imbecile from Norwich who fancies a replacement for Hughton after this, I would say who? If the Canaries sack this man before the season ends I really hope they go down. Stonking!
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:00 pm

FT

Norwich 0-0 Man City

Man City have now failed to score in their last 2 PL matches!

Any comments on this draw at Carrow Road?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Very funny! :D
Pickleman1967

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:15 am

Well a gutter, Norwich should have won this game towards the end. Very fine point for the Canaries, Hughton is the man.
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:06 pm

While I'm disappointed that Norwich got a point as they are one off West Ham's rivals down
at the bottom they fully deserved it and defended very well and it looks like Yobo could be good signing.

Man City were very poor and only had 2 shots on target all game which shows their missing Aguero.

Like with Belllamy in the South Wales derby I hope that the FA will be investigating Yaya Toure's nasty kick in Wolfswinkle's back.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Yaya Toure has escaped being charged by the FA for kicking Van Wolfswinkle in the back.

what a disgrace!

Do you agree with me that its seems like Man City really are getting all the decisions going in their favour?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League