Man Utd v Fulham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man Utd v Fulham

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Man Utd surprisingly lost their last game 2-1 away at Stoke to heap even more pressure on David Moyes.
Nemanja Vidic has also now confirmed that he will leave at end of season.

Fulham lost their last match 3-0 at home to Southampton to leave them bottom of the table.
The Cottagers will be able to field their new signings in this match like the Greek striker Mitroglou.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 pm

After the dismal cup exit and current league form it must be hard for Fulham fans (and players) going to this fixture. Regardless of Man United's shaky form this season surely this one will be a resounding home win.
Man United 3 Fulham 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Teams

MANCHESTER UNITED:
De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Mata, Carrick, Fletcher, Young; Rooney, van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Giggs, Valencia, Kagawa, Januzaj, Hernandez.

FULHAM:
Stekelenburg; Riether, Burn, Heitinga, Riise; Tunnicliffe, Sidwell, Kvist, Richardson; Holtby, Tankovic.

Subs: Hangeland, Kacaniklic, Duff, Cole, Parker, Bent.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Tipster » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:10 pm

No idea of the score or result, but you'd probably expect this to be bread and butter stuff for Man Utd.

Here are some potential scorers:

Man Utd - ASHLEY YOUNG, Wayne ROONEY, and Juan Mata

Fulham - JONNY HEITINGA, Darren BENT.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Man Utd 0-1 Fulham

Fulham have taken the lead through Steve Sidwell after a beautiful through ball from Holtby!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:50 pm

HT

Man Utd 0-1 Fulham

Sidwell

Are we on for another defeat for David Moyes side?

Surely not?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Hams wrote:HT

Man Utd 0-1 Fulham

Sidwell

Are we on for another defeat for David Moyes side?

Surely not?

No, as entertaining as it is to watch the Mancs struggle they must surely pull a goal back, and when they do you would expect them to go on and win. However, top marks for Fulham who are having a great game!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Fulham are still 1-0 ahead with about 20 mins to go.

David Moyes has sent on his 3 subs in Januzaj,Valencia and Hernandez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Man Utd 2-1 Fulham!

Van Persie and Carrick with 2 goals in 2 minutes!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Man Utd 2-2 Fulham

Fulham have scored an injury time equaliser through Darren Bent!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:56 pm

FT

Man Utd 2-2 Fulham
0-1 Sidwell 19'
1-1 van Persie 78'
2-1 Carrick 80'
2-2 Bent 90+3

Any comments on todays draw?

Was it a deserved one for Fulham?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:55 pm

No crocodile tears for Man United, they have had a long time in the limelight, now they are tasting the reality of the cut throat Premier League.
Very entertaining game, full credit to Fulham for keeping on until the very last moment - something Man United used to practice. I have to say I thought it was game over when the Mancs went ahead, with the possession and chances they created they should have been out of sight. However, they failed to convert their chances so tough titty
If the Stoke defeat was not the death knell for Man United getting the fourth spot, surely today's result is. Suits me as we no longer have to worry about them coming up the rails.
Interesting to see if this result gives Fulham a much needed lift as they face Liverpool at home on Wednesday. Another shock on the cards??
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:36 pm

tell you what ,if Moyes would have lost this game there is no way i see him being there for the next game! With this result it's almost as bad ,but i think he will survive!
He is however tactically inept for a team as good as Man U.
You bring in Mata ,only to have him deserted in the middle of the park! He is not good enough to create by himself when will this manager figure that out. You put Kagawa and Januzaj in there with him and then you got something happening! Give them a few games to get the chemistry ,if it doesn't work buy new players for that same area to apply pressure! But you do not put on the likes of Carrick and Fletcher to accompany him!

All that pressure ,they come back only to have one of the worst teams in the league equalize in the last minute ! Man ,that must have fleet like a Tyson blow to the stomach of every Man u fan in that stadium! Arsenal lose 5-1 and it doesn't feel that bad ! :D [/list]
Last edited by specnur on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:42 pm

I remember Liverpool under Dalglish having all the possession and totally dominating play
hitting the woodwork more than a fecking joiner,only for a team to whip the proverbial
carpet from under our feet and score the only goal of the game.

It seems a similar set of circumstances have now befallen United ,these occurrences must
only happen to Scottish managers.

United had close to 80 % possession ,and after enjoying such complete superiority in a game
and then finally look like they had secured maximum points, its an absolute killer to then allow
an equaliser at the very death.

I've started to feel for Moyes ,as he's started to look gaunter with every passing game,I almost
want to give him the ring back . :wink:
redpelt
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:57 am

while i'm enjoying the Moyes downfall just as much as the next man i do wish this skull headed moron would stop gifting our relegation rivals valuable and morale boosting points.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Fulham defender Dan Burn has said he thought he was back in the Conference
with Darlington with all the crosses that he had to deal with at Old Trafford on Sunday!

It is thought that a total of 81 were sent into the cottagers box which resulted in Man Utd failing to score.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Fergie played a blinder installing Moyes as his successor, its made him appreciated even more by Utd fans :D
Really poor from Utd, 81 crosses and none were any good. Not sure why you would spend close to 40m on a guy who plays through the middle to then make Ashley Young the main man. Moyes is proving clueless, he doesn't seem to be learning anything and the team looks out of ideas. How a team with Rooney, Mata and RVP cant score a hatful against Fulham is ridiculous. Not sure he should be fired but are Utd fans going to trust him to spend the alleged 100m he could be handed in summer?
Bren10

Postby prince.of.united » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 am

There will be no comments from my end on this match even though there is a lot that can be said on this. Most of the time members here just ignore my post and neglect me.

Thank you all.
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:31 am

prince.of.united wrote:There will be no comments from my end on this match even though there is a lot that can be said on this. Most of the time members here just ignore my post and neglect me.

Thank you all.

there speaks a man who is hugely frustrated.

come on mate, it would be good to get a Man United perspective on the downfall of your club at the moment...
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 pm

prince.of.united wrote:There will be no comments from my end on this match even though there is a lot that can be said on this. Most of the time members here just ignore my post and neglect me.

Thank you all.

From what i have read ,you have been an honest poster here about your team. We need more of that mate !
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League