Arsenal v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Arsenal were torn apart by Liverpool at Anfield , the league leaders were 4-0 down in 20 mins and the game finished 5-1 as Arsene Wenger saw his side collapse like England against Australia ...he said after the games "we were poor" . The result saw Arsenal drop to second and now they must try to regroup and focus on the game against Man Utd ..another defeat would be very damaging to the Gunners hopes of a trophy this season .

Man Utd were bad ..then good and then bad again as they drew 2-2 against bottom of the table Fulham , coming from a goal behind they turned the game around to lead 2-1 ..the Old Trafford fans were all set to celebrate an important win when Darren Bent struck deep into injury time to deny David Moyes and his team. The result puts Man Utd 8 pts adrift of 4th place and the chances of qualifying for the Champions League are becoming harder with every game it seems .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

Schadenfreude - how come we have never translated this word into an English equivalent, especially in the world of the football fan where it half of what we live for?

If there is anything better than watching your own team win, surely it is watching your rivals lose miserably. The loser of this game will generate a rich harvest of Schadenfreude as the media screams 'Crisis for Wenger' or 'Crisis for Moyes' (though I accept that Moyes has been fighting a crisis all season so it is losing its appeal).

Enough of my wittering, this is the plum tie of the mid-week games. Another absolute cracker in prospect. I can't believe Arsenal can play as poorly twice in a row, especially when they are at home. I can't believe Man United are anywhere near 'gelling' into a team that will seriously trouble a title contender. I backed them to get top four earlier this season, but they really look like they have too much ground to cover in the final third of the season.
Arsenal 2 Man United 1

Special request: can Specnur and Steely please not turn this thread into another sodding debate about Ozil! :roll:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:38 am

I'm sure that we will see a response from Arsenal and I hope
that they make Man Utd suffer even more for failling to win against the Hammers relegation rivals in last 2 games.

Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:40 am

Special request: can Specnur and Steely please not turn this thread into another sodding debate about Ozil!

I'm with you there Pickles. I do belive we have a topic just about our expensive German friend in the general football section.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Hams wrote:
Special request: can Specnur and Steely please not turn this thread into another sodding debate about Ozil!

I'm with you there Pickles. I do belive we have a topic just about our expensive German friend in the general football section.

:lol:

i'll be sure to take any further discussion into the thread in question. my apologies. :evil:
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:56 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Hams wrote:

:lol:

i'll be sure to take any further discussion into the thread in question. my apologies. :evil:

F@ck that!

If the mug plays i will out him for the whatever he does good or bad ,he is part pif the game i will talk about him as much as i like!

Anyway , this will be an all out war no two ways about it! Both team are starting the quest to save their season right now and a big result against a top side is just what the Doctor ordered for both teams confidence moving forward.
I think Rooney will be the major factor in this game ,he showed incredible desire in the game against Fulham tracking back and stopping a cross that look dead on to be another Fulham goal! However he plays without very little control over his emotions and could get red carded in game like this if arsenal are able to bury a couple of goals early.

Will Ozil in fact start now the Focus is now publicly on him in the UK ? Who will he handle that pressure ,especially in game of this magnitude? If Man u crush Arsenal with another battering and he plays another stinker ,the heat he felt after the Liverpool game will feel like a warm breeze that wafts through the Lamborghini laden parking lot in Madrid i'll tell you that!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:20 pm

well I have witnessed many times how we seem to be unable to get a positive result against Man Utd ..we have only won once against Man Utd in any competition in the last 13 meetings ..back in 2011 , and we have lost more premier league games against Man Utd than any other team .

But with the way we have been playing ..Liverpool apart ..I am optimistic that we can win this , we certainly need to ...it would be a big boost for us after the dismal show at Anfield ...and of course we now have Yaya Sanogo available after recovering from a back injury .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 pm

Any more comments or predictions for tonights big match?

Will Arsenal end that poor record against Man Utd and stop Rooney scoring against them? (10 in PL)

Did you know that David Moyes has never won a Premier League game away from home as a manager against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd (P48 W0 D18 L30).
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Ari1888 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:41 pm

Draw written all over it IMO.
Ari1888
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Tipster » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:43 pm

A nice easy win for ARSENAL here at great odds of 13/10.

I expect a response from Arsenal who come out and hammer Man Utd, leading to his sacking.

Interestingly enough, Moyes to be next manager to leave is 16/1.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Teams

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Monreal, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Sanogo, Bendtner

Manchester United:
De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Mata; Rooney, van Persie

subs: Lindegaard, B?ttner, Ferdinand, Fellaini, Young, Hernandez, Januzaj
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Teams

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud

subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Monreal, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Sanogo, Bendtner

Manchester United:
De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Mata; Rooney, van Persie

subs: Lindegaard, Buttner, Ferdinand, Fellaini, Young, Hernandez, Januzaj
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 pm

About 30 mins played and still 0-0.

Rooney is now complaining to ref about his rough treatment.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:38 pm

HT

Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd

Not too many chances in the first half for either side.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Flipping Wilshere absolutely crap! He almost cost us about 4 goals from turning the ball over!
better game form Ozil ,but if that his answer to this weeks criticism ,then i'm not impressed. Definitely something i hope he can guild off of though!
Koscielny proving why he is our best defender today!
Chesney with one of the best saves of the season from the invisible RVP!
I guess a draw is better than a loss ,but i'm sure Man u fans will be happier than Arsenal fans until they try to get home that is! :D
We pretty much dominated in the second half and that as a great thing to see after the Liverpool result.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

FT

Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd

The Gunners miss out a chance to go back to the top of the table.

This was a rather lack lustre affair with very chances and a draw was probably a fair result for both teams.

Any comments on this bore draw?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Unbelievable save from Szczesny in what was a very tight game that either team could have won,enjoyable game to watch.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:03 pm

I have to admit I watched the Newcastle - Spurs game, so I'll see the highlights. However, a draw is a much better result for Man United than for Arsenal, what an opportunity missed to go back to the top of the league.

Man United fans will be relieved as they make the long 5 mile journey home, they must have feared a potential thrashing the way they have been playing.
If Arsenal had a bit more fire in their bellies they would have made this a game to wash the memory of the Liverpool thumping out of their minds.
Maybe that is what they could do with now? A fiery Tony Adams type to get them going?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:37 am

It looks like RVP had the best chance to score in the first minute of the game!

It was a good save by Chesney to deny the Dutch striker in the 2nd half when he was set up by Rooney.

As for Arsenal they didn't really create any clear cut chances and were even booed off at the end by their own fans.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:11 am

Man of the match Mesut Ozil, a beacon among a fog of mediocrity.

he easily made the most chances and was, once again, the lynchpin of the Arsenal attack - constantly involved in the final third. but for the inefficiency of Giroud once again it would have been a home win. while people will look to the save from Van Persie i though Arsenal had anough about them to win the game but wasteful finishing cost them in the end.

the booing off was very strange though. i really didn't get it as it was clear there was a distinct turnaround from the previous match although it obviously wasnt the most exciting game in the world but you can understand the cautiousness of both sides.

glad to see Wilshere getting singled out above, he was diabolical again.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League