Crystal Palace v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Crystal Palace v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Crystal Palace moved further clear of danger after a 3-1 win against West Brom , it moved the Eagles 3 pts clear of the relegation zone . It is still not time to celebrate just yet though ...manager Tony Pulis said after the game .."The most important thing was the three points. We're in a dogfight with 10 or 11 other teams and it's very important that the group stays together."

Man Utd proved just as hard to beat as ever for Arsenal as they held out for a draw at the Emirates , it was a result that manager David Moyes didn't want but knew the point was better than nothing as his side struggles to make it into the top four .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm fed up predicting Man Utd to win against our relegation rivals only
to see them draw or even lose so I'm going to predict a big win this time for Palace to see if that works.

Crystal Palace 3-0 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Seamus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Im thinking pretty much the same. My head says 1-0 or 2-0 to United but I really wouldn't be surprised if we once again grab a draw from the jaws of victory.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:18 pm

Did you know that Wayne Rooney has gone five successive Premier League appearances
without scoring or assisting a goal for Man Utd, his longest-such run since December 2011(seven games).

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:05 pm

As much as I (genuinely) admire what Pulis has done with Palace, I cannot see past a Man United victory.

There will be no goal fest, this Palace side are as tight as a duck's bottom. However, Rooney, RVP, Januzaj, Mata all available? They don't have enough to beat CP?

Oh Lordy, taxi for Moyes if this one goes wrong.

Crystal Palace 0 Man United 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Teams

Crystal Palace:
Speroni, Ward, Dann, Delaney, Parr, Puncheon, Jedinak, Ledley, Ince, Chamakh, Murray.

Subs: Hennessey, Gabbidon, Dikgacoi, Bannan, Bolasie, Gayle, Jerome

Man Utd:
De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Januzaj, Van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Valencia, Fletcher, Giggs, Kagawa, Young, Hernandez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Hams wrote:I'm fed up predicting Man Utd to win against our relegation rivals only
to see them draw or even lose so I'm going to predict a big win this time for Palace to see if that works.

Crystal Palace 3-0 Man Utd

Hams wrote:Round 22

Crystal Palace 1-2 Man Utd

Liar, liar, pants on fire!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:37 pm

FT

Crystal Palace 0-2 Man Utd
0-1 Van Persie 62' PEN
0-2 Rooney 68'

Any comments on Man Utd's away win?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 am

Rooney was subject to quite a lot of abuse (and appeared to have missiles thrown at him at one point) which I don't like, so I'm glad he scored a cracking goal and rammed it down the throats of Palace's pea brained fans. £300K a week? Money well spent while he is scoring match winning goals like that.

Palace played very well, and were perhaps unlucky not to get anything from the game. Only two points above the relegation zone, but if I were a Palace fan I wouldn't be losing sleep over the possibility of going down. Pulis is a class act.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Seamus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:36 pm

They were pelting Rooney with coins. I hope they appreciate the irony of throwing money at a man who has just signed a £300K a week contract.

Not a classic performance but we need every point we can get. Rooney showing flashes of his class again. RVP gets on the spreadsheet, albeit from a penalty but they all count and will do his confidence the world of good. Mata and Janujaz played okay and Fellaini once again just looks like he is getting in the way.
Seamus

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:27 pm

about time Man United won one of these games ffs. not exactly convincing but a win nonetheless.

with Everton losing you know where their aim is now.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:41 pm

I agree with the comments before about the coin throwing and abuse towards Wayne Rooney and think it was out of order.

These same muppets will no doubt be celebrating during the World Cup should he score one or two goals against Italy or Uruguay.

The Palace fans have been fantastic for the most part this season but on this occassion they have badly let themselves down.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Hams wrote:These same muppets will no doubt be celebrating during the World Cup should he score one or two goals against Italy or Uruguay.

to be fair, i think they'd be fainting at the shock of such an extraordinary turn of events.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby prince.of.united » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:31 am

Palace played really well, their defensive discipline was pretty good. Credit to them for letting us score early.

We had a decent game, Fellaini had been pretty average since we signed him. He showed some of his qualities in this game, hope to have it even more improved in next few matches. Playing Mata on the left side yields nothing, later in the second half when he played more centrally he was more effective. I dont know what DM tries to prove when he plays midfielders on Left or right.

Much booed and talked about player than match was Wayne for his salary, 300K. As long as he is scoring goals and working his socks up for the team, its a money well spent. He is a kind of player who can bring down the opposition moral only by being in a team sheet. It was a very good goal that he scored.

All in all, good win away from home. I am happy with my teams performance.
prince.of.united
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Return to Barclays Premier League