Arsenal v Sunderland

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Sunderland

Postby Conner99 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Arsenal missed the chance to return to the top of the Premier League as they drew 0-0 with Man Utd at the Emirates , and the 2-0 defeat by Bayern Munich in the Champions League will not have helped them rebuild the confidence that has been slowly eroding over the last few weeks . It will require some managerial magic from Arsene Wenger to get his team ready for the visit of Sunderland on Saturday .

Sunderland will be getting back to the business of keeping their premier league status after the Fa Cup win against Southampton ...the Black Cats are back in the bottom three although they do have a game in hand on their fellow strugglers , Gus Poyet will be hoping his side can upset Arsenal at the Emirates .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 am

I'm hoping for a comfortable home win for Arsenal to keep Sunderland firmly in the bottom 3 in the table.

Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Did you know that Sunderland have not won away at Arsenal in the league since November 1983, losing 10 of the 14 visits since.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:17 pm

and I hope that continues .. :wink: just one thought , if we get a penalty ...Ozil please don't take it .!!
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Just to balance up Ham's stats:

Sunderland have gone six successive away matches without defeat for only the second time in the Premier League.

Gus Poyet's side have kept four clean sheets in those last six away matches.

So my prediction? Gooners win it 1-0.

Yah boo sucks, there is no God!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:27 pm

TEAMS

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo, Bendtner.

Sunderland:
Mannone, Bardsley, Ki, Johnson, Colback, O'Shea, Altidore, Bridcutt, Vergini, Alonso, Borini.

Subs: Larsson, Gardner, Celustka, Giaccherini, Cuellar, Scocco, Ustari.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Arsene Wenger makes several changes from the side that lost to Bayern with Ozil not taking any part today.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Hams wrote:Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gnabry, Sanogo, Bendtner.

Now that starting lineup sounds good to me..
Last edited by Simply on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:53 pm

HT

Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland

Giroud 5' 31'

Rosicky 42'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:59 pm

FT

Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland
1-0 Giroud 5'
2-0 Giroud 31'
3-0 Rosicky 42'
4-0 Koscielny 57'
4-1 Giaccherini 81'

Any comments on Arsenal's comfortable victory?

Were Sunderland really that bad?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Predictable win for Arsenal!
I hope Koscielny not too badly inured ,we cannot afford to lose him,been our most consistent player.
Good to see Ozil sit this one out and playing with 11 men instead of 10, which is usually the case when he's on the pitch, made the difference today.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Simply » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Rosicky should regularly play instead of Ozil if you ask me...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Pokerkings » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:11 am

Look at Ozil's stats, then look at Rosicky's.

Then, get your head down.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:28 am

Pokerkings wrote:Look at Ozil's stats, then look at Rosicky's.

What a joker!

The stats of any real meaning were compiled in the early stages of the season. In the last two months he has earned himself a place on the bench for the very same reasons i mentioned a month ago! When times got tough on the pitch he was invisible!

I suggest you get your head out of your ass!

You and steely can go on about his pass completion ratio ,many of which are playing pitty pat with teammates and in a non threatening act! He just stood by and watched his teammates run around desperately trying to defend one goal leads against teams like Cardiff ffs! You are in denial!
Last edited by specnur on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 am

A pretty complete performance by Arsenal, not much to criticise.

Sunderland were poor - the second Arsenal goal was a gift for Giroud and they also gave Koscielny a free header and acres of room for his goal.

Not quite as easy as knocking a blind man's stick away, but Arsenal have had harder games lets be honest.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:01 am

specnur wrote:

What a joker!

The stats of any real meaning were compiled in the early stages of the season. In the last two months he has earned himself a place on the bench for the very same reasons i mentioned a month ago! When times got tough on the pitch he was invisible!

You and steely can go on about his pass completion ratio ,many of which are playing pitty pat with teammates and in a non threatening act! He just stood by and watched his teammates run around desperately trying to defend one goal leads against teams like Cardiff ffs! You are in denial!

again, i'll happily pull out the stats for any game of your choosing. i've already done so in certain games you've slagged Ozil off in which showed your bias to be deceiving you, the game you mention above being a key case in point.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:32 pm

:oops:

It's embarrassing....

Ozil has been completely miss-managed. He's played every minute under the sun available to him, now there?s been a dip in form the short sighters are questioning him.

Why didn't Wenger rest him against Coventry? Instead he played him for 90+ minutes. He's not a machine, he needs rest and time to recover, because you've already seen what happens to players if they're over played and rushed back too early. Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott...etc..

It's the same mistakes happening over and over and over again. Ozil needs proper management, and better players around him than Giroud.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:46 pm

the funny thing is, he was one of the best players in an Arsenal shirt against Man United and the Liverpool cup game. he misses a penalty and plays wing back against Bayern Munich and the knives come out again.

cracks me up, the short sightedness of football supporters.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:

What a joker!

again, i'll happily pull out the stats for any game of your choosing. i've already done so in certain games you've slagged Ozil off in which showed your bias to be deceiving you, the game you mention above being a key case in point.

He is not on the bench for that one game pal ,and he he is not on the bench because them stats you want to keep bleating on about actually came to anything in the last 2 months!
IN any game in the last month or two he has been a pedestrian ,has he made a bunch of passes going back and forth in the opposition area ,you bet , iv'e seen it myself. No progress up the pitch the majority of time.
Here is a fine example of the difference in what he has done and another player.
I watched Dembele yesterday for Spurs ,he hasn't got the goals or assists Ozil has gotten this season ,but more often than not when he's on the pitch he is noticed by his play! he is always looking to attack. Spurs go a gaol down and his energy level picks up ,he's getting then ball and he''s looking to turn a player when there are no players open.
He never disappears in games and he's been carrying an injury then entire season! so don;t keep giving me this rubbish about needed Ozil to get stuck in and make bone crunching tackles ,that is not what i am talking about. This is the difference between Spain or Germany ,you can't operate at the leisurely pace he is used to.
Right now you could be looking at a player who wants out of this league ,judging by his body language .And if he does ant to leave that pretty much sums that player up to me, weak! He will deserve to be in one of them softer leagues !
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:25 pm

i'll look up Dembele's stats and put them in the Spurs match thread tomorrow.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League