Everton v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Everton v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Everton were left with a bitter taste in their mouth after a late late late goal by leaders Chelsea denied them a well deserved point at Stamford Bridge..it finished 1-0 to Chelsea and manager Roberto Martinez said the defeat was hard to take "its hard to take ..its even harder to understand why we were not rewarded with a positive result".

West Ham climbed to 10th place after a 3-1 win over Southapton at Upton Park , the bubbles were certainly blowing as the Hammers made it 4 wins in a row .The result left manager Sam Allardyce to admit it has been the best month of the season.."It has been a fantastic run for us."The four wins on the trot from where we were is an outstanding performance by the players.
"I thank them for their efforts and the quality they are showing at the moment."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:46 am

aboslutely hate playing Everton, we never seem to get anything from them. we were dominant at the Boleyn Ground but undone by two freakishly good free kicks frmo Baines (who i don't think has scored one since) and the bringing on of Lukaku.

however, this time we have Carroll who'll be running their defence ragged just as Lukaku did to us so i think we can get something frmo the game, especially given that confidence is high and results have been positive.

i'd be happy with a draw to continue our unbeaten run and would bite your hand off if it was offered right now.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm

This should be a good time for us to take on Everton as they are short of strikers with the likes
of Lukaku and Traore both out and I have just heard that Phil Jagielka is also abscent with an injury.

So this could be a great time to bring back Andy Carroll to scare the living daylights out of the Toffees defence.
I would be very surprised if we manage to continue our winning run but disappointed if we dont at least get a draw here.

Everton 1-1 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Did you know that Everton have won seven and lost none of their last 11 Barclays Premier League meetings with West Ham.

It looks like Lukaku might be fit to start having been out for 1 month with an ankle injury.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:15 am

If West Ham are going to buck the trend against Everton, this has to be the time you would fancy them to do so. A real turn around in fortunes, they seem to have found the happy knack of beating teams while not always playing champagne football (something Everton have been doing for the past decade at least). I remember listening to Sam Allardyce in an interview around Christmas time, lamenting the stress, the lack of sleep, and the long hours involved with being a Premier League manager. I'm guessing he is sleeping better now, it has to be said you can see the change in his demeanour in the post match interviews.

Steely speaks for all clubs when he talks about his dislike of playing Everton. They are always a difficult proposition, and despite recent lapses they remain the 'awkward squad' of the Premier League. Difficult to break down, always threatening on the counter, they are no respecters of reputation or history. I was pretty pleased we took 4 points from them this season.

I'm going for a narrow Everton win here 2-1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Teams

Everton:
Howard, Baines, Distin, Stones, Coleman, Osman, Barry, McCarthy, Pienaar, Deulofeu, Naismith.

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Mirallas, Lukaku, Barkley, Browning

West Ham:
Adrian, McCartney, Tomkins, Collins, Demel, Noble, Nolan, Jarvis, Downing, Taylor, Cole.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Nocerino, Cole, Diame, Carroll, Armero, Reid.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:58 pm

I can't see West Ham winning this one ,but if they gets draw there should be feel good atmosphere in the east end of London for sure! Putting a string of results together like they have recently ,is great achievement for a team as limited as that! Everton are by far superior technically so i predict a tough win by 2 goals for the merseysiders.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:48 pm

HT

Everton 0-0 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 pm

FT

Everton 1-0 West Ham
1-0 Lukaku 81'

The Hammers winning run come to an end.

Any comments on Everton's victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm

I only watched bits of the first half, which Everton dominated from a possession point of view but I understand West Ham had a better second half and that Carroll played well.

The boy Lukaku strikes again, the Toffee Men must be pleased to see him back. A big game against the Gooners looms, he is a nailed on pick!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:55 am

It was a shocking decision by the ref not to award us a penalty and not to send off Barry for bringing down Nolan.

We were robbed by the official JONATHAN MOSS.

From what i have seen we didn't deserve to lose that game today and should have at least have come back with a point.

I think it was odd that Andy Carroll didn't start as Carlton Cole clearly wasn't at his best and was taken off after only 28 mins.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:25 am

disappointed with the result but it was a gutsy performance. i thought a draw would have been a fair result for both teams but that man does it again for them.

was a blatant foul by Barry and he should have gone. you'd be confident that Nolan would have buried that opportunity if he were given the chance to hit it. the ref bottled it i thought, probably not helped by a cowardly linesman.

anyway, we remain in tenth so can't grumble.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League