How Low Can Moyes Go?

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

How Low Can Moyes Go?

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:32 am

with the top four an impossible dream at the moment and a 2-0 deficit in the Champions League things couldn't be any bleaker for Man United at this moment in time. the fanfare about a new contract for Rooney isn't half the achievement they're making it out to be for the club and an ageing backline look like they'll need rebuilding in the Summer.

Will Moyes be allowed a second season of failing to qualify for the Champions League? will Moyes be allowed a second season?

what will the supporters tolerate in this 'transition period'? i expected them to be performing to a lower level than under Ferguson but even i never anticipated quite such a dramatic collapse.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:25 pm

I don't think the Glazers will fire Moyes just yet as it would cost quite a lof of compensation money.

If I remember rightly he was given quite a long contract when he took over from Sir Alex Ferguson.

It was always going to be a difficult job for who ever came in and he should at least be given another season in my view.

We have had to suffer watching Man Utd win title after title for last 25 years so now its time for their fans to feel what its like.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Seamus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:10 pm

He was Sir Alexs choice so if they gave him the chop now then he would have to admit he got it badly wrong. End of the season will probably be the end for him - he still has a chance (albeit slim) to grab a top 4 space.
Seamus

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:47 pm

There is a couple of thins on Moyes' side in regards to getting new player into the club.
1) Good player will want to be the one seen to bring the glory days back to united.
2) United still have the allure to a lot of players who want make it especially highly touted young prospects that don't really bank on playing champions league football right now.

Those thing can help Moyes a great deal if he scouts right!
Even if he doesn't win a title but brings in players that play great football i think the fans will bide time if there is progression i the chemistry. But playing poor football as you saw the other night and losing just won't do if untied fans have any pride. He tried to play it safe and he's still losing. I think it may even be better if they don't make the Europe cup ffs! Not because they don;t need the extra schedule ,but because it will make them realize they are not on the top tier anymore.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 am

I can't see them sacking Moyes before the end of the season, unless they go on a losing run from now until the end of the season. They are, without doubt, a poor Man United side when compared to the best ones in the past twenty years, but they are still a decent side with some talented players. RVP, Rooney and Mata would walk into any Premiership side, and although Vidic is on the way out he is still class.

The summer transfer activity will give some clue of Moye's future job prospects. If they let him blow a fortune on new signings, you'll know the board have given him a vote of confidence to have another bite of the cherry. If there is little new blood coming in I'd say they were setting him up to fail, and lining up a new man to take over in typical Premier League club style.

I honestly thought Moyes would grow into the job, but he is still looking like a man struggling to fill his predecessor's shoes. However, if a week is a long time in politics in football it is an eternity. One week you are genius, the next a turnip. Lets see where the Mancs finish this season...
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 pm

specnur wrote:There is a couple of thins on Moyes' side in regards to getting new player into the club.
1) Good player will want to be the one seen to bring the glory days back to united.
2) United still have the allure to a lot of players who want make it especially highly touted young prospects that don't really bank on playing champions league football right now.

These are true but don't underestimate the draw of playing under Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the greatest in football history. That must have been a significant factor for players choosing to join United.

in 2014, if a player had the chance to join United and play for Moyes or join Chelsea and play for Mourinho for example, there's only one choice.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:17 pm

KimKallstrom2 wrote:
specnur wrote:There is a couple of thins on Moyes' side in regards to getting new player into the club.

These are true but don't underestimate the draw of playing under Sir Alex Ferguson, one of the greatest in football history. That must have been a significant factor for players choosing to join United.

in 2014, if a player had the chance to join United and play for Moyes or join Chelsea and play for Mourinho for example, there's only one choice.

I'll tell you what ,if my son was good enough to be wanted by managers of that calibre , would have seek out other options ,before signing with either of them.
Wenger seems to me the only manager i have seen that has treated players fairly and is not caught up with personalities or the typical macho physical stature. I loo at Mourinho's hamlets pandering to the terraces and play that lump Lampard , taking unjustified verbal jabs at a professionally classy man like Wenger . And fergie sitting an in form Berbatov for weeks ,only to be seen publicly laughing at the player with a trainer in full view of the cameras. Those to me a massive warning signs to me ,and a position i would only advise my son to take if a more mature option wasn't available.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:25 pm

specnur wrote:
KimKallstrom2 wrote:

I'll tell you what ,if my son was good enough to be wanted by managers of that calibre , would have seek out other options ,before signing with either of them.
Wenger seems to me the only manager i have seen that has treated players fairly and is not caught up with personalities or the typical macho physical stature. I loo at Mourinho's hamlets pandering to the terraces and play that lump Lampard , taking unjustified verbal jabs at a professionally classy man like Wenger . And fergie sitting an in form Berbatov for weeks ,only to be seen publicly laughing at the player with a trainer in full view of the cameras. Those to me a massive warning signs to me ,and a position i would only advise my son to take if a more mature option wasn't available.

and your boy would turn around and say "have a day off Dad, ffs. i want to win something in my career. Wenger can go f*ck himself"

or words to that effect ;-)
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:
KimKallstrom2 wrote:

and your boy would turn around and say "have a day off Dad, ffs. i want to win something in my career. Wenger can go f*ck himself"

or words to that effect ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You are probably right there!
But he knows how right i have been about all things football! :D
It's my experiences with him playing football that has given me an acute sensitivity to the psyche behind the thinking of those involved in the sport worldwide! My experiences tell me that i would steer clear of both them managers. I want someone who's going to give me a fair shout on the pitch and who see's and plays the game the way i play the game! Both them managers don't fit my son's style of play. It's Wenger or bust!
:lol:
Last edited by specnur on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby redpelt » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Has he reached his personal nadir yet ? I don't think so,just ask the
long suffering Bitters currently enjoying a rebirth after completely
shedding their skin under Martinez, how during his early tenure at
Everton ,fans took to ripping out huge clumps of their own pubic hair
in frustration.

Honest :wink:
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:08 pm

Hams wrote:
We have had to suffer watching Man Utd win title after title for last 25 years so now its time for their fans to feel what its like.

hit the nail on the head there Hams... :lol: being an Arsenal fan I cannot say how frustrating it has been over the years watching Man Utd get the better of us time after time ...no team has cause me to suffer as much as Man Utd has . I say give Moyes at least another few seasons .. :roll:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:09 am

Conner99 wrote:
Hams wrote:

hit the nail on the head there Hams... :lol: being an Arsenal fan I cannot say how frustrating it has been over the years watching Man Utd get the better of us time after time ...no team has cause me to suffer as much as Man Utd has . I say give Moyes at least another few seasons .. :roll:

I have to disagree mate!
I think chelsea have caused us more ire than any other team and Drogba in particular ! They stopped making a lot of progress every time we faced them!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:42 am

our skeletor headed friend sinks to a new low in a crushing home defeat against their hated rivals Liverpool.

he then proclaims his side are still trying to finish fourth :lol:

Moyes is the gift that keeps on giving. up next West Ham, watch him absolutely demolish us now.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I'll tell you what ,i am wouldn't bet on that result!
I watched RVP against Liverpool and is aw a player on the edge of doing something very rash.I think it's a combination of him going into his usual off form slump round about this time of year and Moyes not having a clue.
If you and to worry about anyone it is going to be Rooney who seems to get motivated by the type of atmosphere that emanates from the terraces West ham. Should be a close game!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Rooney obliterates us every time he plays so is nailed on for a hat trick.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:49 am

I do find it amazing how Sir Alex Ferguson has managed to get away with this appointment.

How ironic is it, that of all the great decisions Alex Ferguson has made for Utd, that his worse one is hiring Moyes as his replacement.

I don't blame David Moyes, everyone can see he's not only an idiot, but no where near good enough to be managing a football club like Manchester Utd.

I can only think that the reason Moyes got this job is because he's Scottish. Because he has no ideas, no Plan B, plays players out of position, taking a team of champions and turned them into one of his Everton teams. Spent £65million, and sit 7th.

I was convinced that when Morninhio was leaving Madrid that he would be Fergusons replacement, not this clown. But like I don't blame a shite player signing for a top side, because, of course he would, I blame the person that believed David Moyes was the man to drive this Utd team forward.

Not a chance.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:54 am

Pokerkings wrote:I do find it amazing how Sir Alex Ferguson has managed to get away with this appointment.

How ironic is it, that of all the great decisions Alex Ferguson has made for Utd, that his worse one is hiring Moyes as his replacement.

I don't blame David Moyes, everyone can see he's not only an idiot, but no where near good enough to be managing a football club like Manchester Utd.

I can only think that the reason Moyes got this job is because he's Scottish. Because he has no ideas, no Plan B, plays players out of position, taking a team of champions and turned them into one of his Everton teams. Spent £65million, and sit 7th.

I was convinced that when Morninhio was leaving Madrid that he would be Fergusons replacement, not this clown. But like I don't blame a shite player signing for a top side, because, of course he would, I blame the person that believed David Moyes was the man to drive this Utd team forward.

Not a chance.

What a flipping hypocrite!
I can guarantee you would take Moyes over Wenger before this abomination!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pokerkings » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:40 am

specnur wrote:
Pokerkings wrote:I do find it amazing how Sir Alex Ferguson has managed to get away with this appointment.

Not a chance.

What a flipping hypocrite!
I can guarantee you would take Moyes over Wenger before this abomination!

Huh?

Based on what?

What are you in about now?
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League