Tottenham v Cardiff

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Cardiff

Postby Conner99 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Tottenham had their bid for champions league football dented as they lost 1-0 to Norwich , just 2 shots on target in the whole match showed why they failed to score for the first time since Tim Sherwood took over as manager . He said after the match the defeat was bitterly disappointing but they would have to show spirit and bounce back in the next match ..

Cardiff are in serious danger now after a 4-0 home defeat by Hull , a training trip to Abu Dhabi was cancelled after the Bluebirds poor display and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said after the match .."We're very disappointed. Not good enough in front of both goals, defending and attacking,". We've just got to work hard,it's not going to be easy to go to Spurs next Sunday." The pressure will be firmly on Solskjaer who has won only 1 out of 7 premier league games since replacing Malky Mackay in January.
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:50 am

Cardiff were so awful in that defeat at home to Hull that I don't see them taking anything at White Hart Lane.
Spurs will be on a high having just beaten Dnipro in the Europa League and should win this match very comfortably.

Tottenham 3-0 Cardiff.

PS - Did you know that Soldudo has only scored once from open play for Spurs since joining for all that money.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:27 pm

Did you know that Emmanuel Adebayor has scored just once at White Hart Lane
in the Premier League this season, with seven (88%) of his eight PL goals this term coming away from home.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Hams wrote:Cardiff were so awful in that defeat at home to Hull that I don't see them taking anything at White Hart Lane.
Spurs will be on a high having just beaten Dnipro in the Europa League and should win this match very comfortably.

Tottenham 3-0 Cardiff.

and that will be good news for West Ham....Cardiff will be lucky to get anything at White Hart Lane ...3-0 Tottenham .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:14 am

Spurs cheered me up by snatching victory from the jaws of defeat against Dnipro in Europe, though they had more than a little luck in that result (not to mention the cheating antics from Mr Vertonghen which reduced them to ten men). Hats off to Tim Sherwood as regards Adeybayor, he has turned him into a different player, it appears we have a striker again. The victory should not cover up problems we have in sticking the ball in the onion bag, though. It is something that has dogged us all season, and it came back to haunt us against Norwich last week.

Much to my pleasure Cardiff continue to play poorly despite the appointment of Solskjaer. I really want Tan to fail, he represents everything that I dislike in modern football ownership. A 4-0 thrashing at home by Hull sums up their current run of form, they look doomed.

Spurs 3 Cardiff 0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Teams

Tottenham:
Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Fryers; Lennon, Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend; Adebayor, Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Veljkovic, Bentaleb, Chadli, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Kane.

Cardiff:
Marshall, Caulker, Turner, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Gunnarsson, Cala, Fabio, Bellamy, John.

Subs: Lewis, Jones, Mutch, Cowie, Theophile, Daehli, Zaha.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:42 am

Well that clinical striker does it again - do you know he came from sunny Spain, to play at White Hart Lane?

A poor game, and a very average display by Spurs. I was apprehensive going into this match (a gut feeling more than anything else) so I'm glad to get the W, and to put another nail in the coffin of Cardiff's season.

I wouldn't say Cardiff played well, though they showed endeavour. A lack of accuracy with passing, giving the ball away cheaply, and although they created chances I'd say that was down to our dodgy back four rather than skilful attacking play by the Blue Birds.

With Chelsea, Benfica and Arsenal coming up shortly I feel like going into hibernation for a couple of weeks. You don't need to be an expert to see that we have deficiencies at the back, if we can get Walker and Kaboul back it might look a little more secure. At the moment, though, you could get a bus through our defence - sideways.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:14 pm

if you're looking forward to getting Walker back to shore up your defence then things must be bad ffs :lol:

Tiger Tim's brave new era seems eerily similar to the last one all of a sudden.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:24 pm

I thought the best thing about this match was that lovely bit of Zidane like skill from Jan Vertonghen.

What is going on with Sandro's beard though? Surely there must be some sort of rule that cant allow it?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Steely Hill wrote:if you're looking forward to getting Walker back to shore up your defence then things must be bad ffs :lol:

Tiger Tim's brave new era seems eerily similar to the last one all of a sudden.

Yes, things are that bad mate, Walker (and Rose) tend to look better going forward than stopping attackers, but hey beggars can't be choosers.

I disagree with your comments about Sherwood, if it wasn't for the fact that he has turned Adebayor into a striker again we would be stuffed. Despite the upheavals this season we are (incredibly) 10 points behind the league leaders, not too shabby and better than I feared when he was first appointed.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League