How would Bayern Munich do in the Premier League?

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

How would Bayern Munich do in the Premier League?

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:42 pm

We had a topic once before asking how would Barcelona do in the Premier League?

Now that it appears that Bayern Munich are the best team in Europe how would they do in the Premier League?

I don't believe that they would be able to go the whole season unbeaten if they had some decent opposition.

Would the likes of Robben who has already been a failure over here really be able to score hat tricks against our best sides?

How would Franck Ribery handle playing against Stoke City who as we all know like to use a very physical approach to their defending?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39043
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Re: How would Bayern Munich do in the Premier League?

Postby Simply » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Hams wrote:Now that it appears that Bayern Munich are the best team in Europe how would they do in the Premier League?

I don't believe that they would be able to go the whole season unbeaten if they had some decent opposition.


I think they would win the title, but also not unbeaten.. I think a team like Chelsea could give them a tough opposition at Stamford Bridge.
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby eaman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:22 am

Robben was not a failure in England. He was one of the reasons Chelsea won their first premier league title
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby Learning » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:04 pm

I hope this doesnt end in another argument thread with specs :D

But no surprise they would walk it. They are better than Barca and are physical, high tempo as well. They are just unbelievably good.

Come to think of it, its clear even more this season that Spain's big 2 or even 3 these days, Bayern and the other top German team Dortmund are considered the best. Man U isnt anymore I enjoy hugely to say :D And no one would rate Chelsea/Arsenal/Man C that high I think now in Europe. Although to be fair, they were a bit unlucky in the first legs.
User avatar
Learning
World Class
World Class
 
Posts: 7922
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Re: How would Bayern Munich do in the Premier League?

Postby specnur » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Simply wrote:
Hams wrote:Now that it appears that Bayern Munich are the best team in Europe how would they do in the Premier League?

I don't believe that they would be able to go the whole season unbeaten if they had some decent opposition.


I think they would win the title, but also not unbeaten.. I think a team like Chelsea could give them a tough opposition at Stamford Bridge.


LOL!
Chelsea beat them in the biggest match of their lives IN GERMANY FFS!
Keep some prospective please simply mate!

I watched Bayern the other day against an under par Arsenal team without Walcott and Ramsey and i saw them misplace passes left and right under very little pressure! I didn't see the passing accuracy or the ball control or creative unpredictability of says Barca under Guardiola so i think they would maybe finish in the top four in the premiership.
I personal think they would be in the same boat as say Arsenal but with an inferior manager ,they would not be able to withstand the length of an English season with teams with the depth of Chelsea and Man city as competitors!
I think teams like Spurs and Liverpool Would give them a terrible time especially Liverppol!
Bayern biggest ally is the psychological barrier that a lot of English teams seems to suffer from when inundated with sensationalist media rantings when Bayern win a game or title in the very weak league. But that would soon be wiped away within a month of playing in our league without question.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Re: How would Bayern Munich do in the Premier League?

Postby Simply » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:55 pm

specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:
Hams wrote:Now that it appears that Bayern Munich are the best team in Europe how would they do in the Premier League?

I don't believe that they would be able to go the whole season unbeaten if they had some decent opposition.


I think they would win the title, but also not unbeaten.. I think a team like Chelsea could give them a tough opposition at Stamford Bridge.


LOL!
Chelsea beat them in the biggest match of their lives IN GERMANY FFS!
Keep some prospective please simply mate!


..I'm tired of your bizarre view on this match.. maybe you should watch the highlights at time if you keep forgetting, that Bayern was the way better team that day.. Chelsea looked like schoolboys, but had tuns of luck this night... what I'd like to know: what has this match to do with the present???


specnur wrote:they would not be able to withstand the length of an English season with teams with the depth of Chelsea and Man city as competitors!


you must be out of your mind :lol: :lol: .. talking about a lack of depth Bayern Munich is tha last team I'd come up with... please just take a look at their squad.. pleaaaaaseee...

Learning wrote:I hope this doesnt end in another argument thread with specs :D


..there you go
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: How would Bayern Munich do in the Premier League?

Postby specnur » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:
Hams wrote:Now that it appears that Bayern Munich are the best team in Europe how would they do in the Premier League?

I don't believe that they would be able to go the whole season unbeaten if they had some decent opposition.


I think they would win the title, but also not unbeaten.. I think a team like Chelsea could give them a tough opposition at Stamford Bridge.


LOL!
Chelsea beat them in the biggest match of their lives IN GERMANY FFS!
Keep some prospective please simply mate!


..I'm tired of your bizarre view on this match.. maybe you should watch the highlights at time if you keep forgetting, that Bayern was the way better team that day.. Chelsea looked like schoolboys, but had tuns of luck this night... what I'd like to know: what has this match to do with the present???


Didn't Bayern only just squeak past a 10 man chelsea the next time they met?
Didn't Bayern have extra time to dissect that Chelsea team?

If so , i think consistency in performance between the two means a lot!

It wasn't so long ago ,Bayern pretty much have a almost the same players !

Plus Chelsea have a far better team today than when they last met! Bayern's only quality addition since then is Alaba in the current squad.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Re: How would Bayern Munich do in the Premier League?

Postby Simply » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 pm

specnur wrote: Bayern's only quality addition since then is Alaba in the current squad.


..there you have it.. you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby Bren10 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Theyd walk our league aswell. Not to the extent they are at the minute but there is no way theyd be too troubled, theyre a top, top team and the EPL has no team on that level yet.
Really not sure why Stoke are held up as the real test, s**t teams play physical football as theyre generally not very good, Bayern will have encountered plenty of teams that decide to kick them rather than the ball comes with the territory of being a top team.
Bren10
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: Birmingham UK

Postby specnur » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Bayern would not walk our league ,that is something you would have to deal with!
The defense they got would have massive trouble with speed of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Arsenal ,Chelsea ,Man u and Man city. It really does maze me how people just don't have the mental capacity to understand that Bayern can't even play in their won league whiteout a winter break ,how are they going to play in the premiership without one ,plus the higher level of competition of FA cup and league cup fixtures. Where is the depth coming from. Not even the fist team defense is not good enough (with exception of Alaba) could withstand a season without looking average! But even Alaba would be put under intense pressure over the course of season because his support will be exposed for what they are!

There is no team in Europe that would walk our league! That is a laughable assumption!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Simply » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:55 pm

specnur wrote:Bayern would not walk our league ,that is something you would have to deal with!
The defense they got would have massive trouble with speed of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Arsenal ,Chelsea ,Man u and Man city. It really does maze me how people just don't have the mental capacity to understand that Bayern can't even play in their won league whiteout a winter break ,how are they going to play in the premiership without one ,plus the higher level of competition of FA cup and league cup fixtures. Where is the depth coming from. Not even the fist team defense is not good enough (with exception of Alaba) could withstand a season without looking average! But even Alaba would be put under intense pressure over the course of season because his support will be exposed for what they are!

There is no team in Europe that would walk our league! That is a laughable assumption!


I don't get your point :?: .. Bayern has 2 or 3 very good options for each position.. it's their "depht" that makes Bayern Munich superior to most of the teams in europe.. this is really a dead end specs :?
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby Bren10 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:18 pm

specnur wrote:Bayern would not walk our league ,that is something you would have to deal with!
The defense they got would have massive trouble with speed of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Arsenal ,Chelsea ,Man u and Man city. It really does maze me how people just don't have the mental capacity to understand that Bayern can't even play in their won league whiteout a winter break ,how are they going to play in the premiership without one ,plus the higher level of competition of FA cup and league cup fixtures. Where is the depth coming from. Not even the fist team defense is not good enough (with exception of Alaba) could withstand a season without looking average! But even Alaba would be put under intense pressure over the course of season because his support will be exposed for what they are!

There is no team in Europe that would walk our league! That is a laughable assumption!


None of those teams would get chance to use their strengths. We just saw them beat Arsenal so im not sure why they are an example plus Man City? You serious? They absolutely showed them up at the Etihad. They've also beaten Chelsea this season, that's our top 3. They have a quality squad which is what is needed in our league, they would lose more games but they would still win our league quite comfortably. The top clubs are decent but the rest of the league is pretty poor.
Bren10
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: Birmingham UK

Postby specnur » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Bren10 wrote:
None of those teams would get chance to use their strengths. We just saw them beat Arsenal so im not sure why they are an example plus Man City? You serious? They absolutely showed them up at the Etihad. They've also beaten Chelsea this season, that's our top 3. They have a quality squad which is what is needed in our league, they would lose more games but they would still win our league quite comfortably. The top clubs are decent but the rest of the league is pretty poor.


Mate you just don't get my point!

Look , all the teams in the prem have proven themselves of beat any team in Europe at any time ,no accidents! Given that proven ability and the fact that all those teams lose also to lower level premiership teams ,even relegation threatened teams. Why do you think it would be any different for Bayern if they had to ply their trade in our league for a season?

Can you really look at their performance against arsenal even just recently and tell me you actually believe those players on that Bayern team are that much better if at all than premiership players.

Or that they team is currently deep enough to withstand a season in our league ,if so then point me toward the players that Bayern have coming in off the bench that will carry the team when their first elected are tired or injured?

Even the most hardened la liga or bundesliga fan have had to admit that the premiership is superior .but somehow you seem to think that the level of constant competitively inout league won't matter to that Bayern team. That some mighty resilient bubble you are living in Bren and i am shocked that akan of your level of intelligence really can't take the above facts into consideration mate.

Yes Bayern have beaten Premiership teams we all know that ,but i wonder how they would fair if the shoe was on the other foot.
IF Arsenal ,Man city or Chelsea were in the Bundesliga and Bayern had to fight for their life to stay in the top four in the perm with league up ,FA cup and international duties and NO winter break . You actually believe Bayern would be in anat shape to face any of those three teams . I think you know in your heart of hearts that Bayern would find it incredibly tough to play in the champions league!
We got like 5 teams that could give Bayern a run for their money right now in our league and currently Bayern maybe has 1 team that might win 1out 4 games in Dortmund in their league!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby specnur » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:Bayern would not walk our league ,that is something you would have to deal with!
The defense they got would have massive trouble with speed of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Arsenal ,Chelsea ,Man u and Man city. It really does maze me how people just don't have the mental capacity to understand that Bayern can't even play in their won league whiteout a winter break ,how are they going to play in the premiership without one ,plus the higher level of competition of FA cup and league cup fixtures. Where is the depth coming from. Not even the fist team defense is not good enough (with exception of Alaba) could withstand a season without looking average! But even Alaba would be put under intense pressure over the course of season because his support will be exposed for what they are!

There is no team in Europe that would walk our league! That is a laughable assumption!


I don't get your point :?: .. Bayern has 2 or 3 very good options for each position.. it's their "depht" that makes Bayern Munich superior to most of the teams in europe.. this is really a dead end specs :?


It's depth that is GOOD ENOUGH for the level of competition in the Bundesliga Simply ,not in the premiership!

IF you actually believe Bayern has a better squad than either Chelsea or Man City you really need help mate!
You apparent love for your own domestic league or national pride has you blinded to the truth mate!
Bayern have a good team make no mistake about it ,but they live in the lap of luxury in the Bundesliga and a season in that league
puts very little wear and tear on the squad like it would in our league ,that my friend is a fact!

This is the same argument i had with Barca fans a while back when they asked the same question. Its one thing getting up and excited about playing a premiership team twice a year ,it's another thing playing a premiership league a season long.
We have already established a relegation threatened perm club will not roll over like a bundesliga club in the same position. And Bayern would have to face a club like that on many occasions and then maybe do a back to back game against say Liverpool on a Sat and Chelsea on a Wednesday. OR maybe Spurs , Arsenal , Man u and Man cty the following 3 weeks! Not to mention latter stages of FA and League cups! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm actually LMFAO over here writing this and thinking about that scenario!
When i say they will struggle to make to 4 i wasn't taking the p!ss mate, trust me !
And you are going to have to give me some pretty convincing evidence as to why you believe it would be anything other than that.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Simply » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 pm

specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:Bayern would not walk our league ,that is something you would have to deal with!
The defense they got would have massive trouble with speed of Spurs and Liverpool let alone Arsenal ,Chelsea ,Man u and Man city. It really does maze me how people just don't have the mental capacity to understand that Bayern can't even play in their won league whiteout a winter break ,how are they going to play in the premiership without one ,plus the higher level of competition of FA cup and league cup fixtures. Where is the depth coming from. Not even the fist team defense is not good enough (with exception of Alaba) could withstand a season without looking average! But even Alaba would be put under intense pressure over the course of season because his support will be exposed for what they are!

There is no team in Europe that would walk our league! That is a laughable assumption!


I don't get your point :?: .. Bayern has 2 or 3 very good options for each position.. it's their "depht" that makes Bayern Munich superior to most of the teams in europe.. this is really a dead end specs :?


It's depth that is GOOD ENOUGH for the level of competition in the Bundesliga Simply ,not in the premiership!

seriously? I can not beleive how understated this is... In germany it's openly discussed how lopsided the Bundesliga has gotten...
..many people including me believe that if you would split up the Bayern Squad in two almost equal halves, so that you have two seperate teams, that would be the new top 3 in the Bundesliga along with Dortmund.... with all 3 of them having the potential of winning the title...


IF you actually believe Bayern has a better squad than either Chelsea or Man City you really need help mate!
You apparent love for your own domestic league or national pride has you blinded to the truth mate!

... I like watching Bundesliga.. that's true.. but I have no problem to admit, that this league is crap this season compared to La Liga or the Premier League (unlike last season, where the Bundesliga was very strong).. it's that simple...

.. as for the national pride.... I'm living in Germany, but I'm actually swedish... so you can't really say that :D


Bayern have a good team make no mistake about it ,but they live in the lap of luxury in the Bundesliga and a season in that league
puts very little wear and tear on the squad like it would in our league ,that my friend is a fact!

..no one said, that they would EASILY run through the Premier League like they do in the Bundesliga these days.. your points, that the circumstances are way tougher to compete in the Premier League are correct.. but you should just accept other opinions here from users, who think that Bayern Munich win the title anyway, because they outclass their domestic league so easily and finished off every top team they faced in european competitions...


This is the same argument i had with Barca fans a while back when they asked the same question. Its one thing getting up and excited about playing a premiership team twice a year ,it's another thing playing a premiership league a season long.
We have already established a relegation threatened perm club will not roll over like a bundesliga club in the same position. And Bayern would have to face a club like that on many occasions and then maybe do a back to back game against say Liverpool on a Sat and Chelsea on a Wednesday. OR maybe Spurs , Arsenal , Man u and Man cty the following 3 weeks! Not to mention latter stages of FA and League cups! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm actually LMFAO over here writing this and thinking about that scenario!
When i say they will struggle to make to 4 i wasn't taking the p!ss mate, trust me !
And you are going to have to give me some pretty convincing evidence as to why you believe it would be anything other than that.
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby specnur » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 am

Simply wrote:..no one said, that they would EASILY run through the Premier League like they do in the Bundesliga these days.. your points, that the circumstances are way tougher to compete in the Premier League are correct.. but you should just accept other opinions here from users, who think that Bayern Munich win the title anyway, because they outclass their domestic league so easily and finished off every top team they faced in european competitions...


Actually bren 10 said they would "walk it" Which in England means they would win it easily!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Simply » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:24 am

specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:..no one said, that they would EASILY run through the Premier League like they do in the Bundesliga these days.. your points, that the circumstances are way tougher to compete in the Premier League are correct.. but you should just accept other opinions here from users, who think that Bayern Munich win the title anyway, because they outclass their domestic league so easily and finished off every top team they faced in european competitions...


Actually bren 10 said they would "walk it" Which in England means they would win it easily!


..ok.. then I'd disagree on that too... but it depends what you understand by that..
In my opinion they wouldn't win this Premier League unbeaten.. they'd concede some defeats for sure, but I don't see another team really give them such a hard competition that they'll have to wait for the 38th matchday to "win" the title...

if you disagree on that, then that's fine.. :D
User avatar
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Postby specnur » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:50 am

Simply wrote:
specnur wrote:
Simply wrote:..no one said, that they would EASILY run through the Premier League like they do in the Bundesliga these days.. your points, that the circumstances are way tougher to compete in the Premier League are correct.. but you should just accept other opinions here from users, who think that Bayern Munich win the title anyway, because they outclass their domestic league so easily and finished off every top team they faced in european competitions...


Actually bren 10 said they would "walk it" Which in England means they would win it easily!


..ok.. then I'd disagree on that too... but it depends what you understand by that..
In my opinion they wouldn't win this Premier League unbeaten.. they'd concede some defeats for sure, but I don't see another team really give them such a hard competition that they'll have to wait for the 38th matchday to "win" the title...

if you disagree on that, then that's fine.. :D


I think this issue is with you and Bren ,is that you are talking single match up scenarios and basing Bayern's assumed success in our league on that alone.
You are completely ignoring the fact or the scenario i have included above ,which is who would they fair having to play the same amount and level of games as premiership teams have by the time they meet a team as good as Bayern in the latter stages of the champions league?
If you could find the strength to break out of that bubble you two live in and try and juggle that in your brain for a few minutes maybe you'll begin to at least see where i am getting at.

It's like running a car for a yea on the pristine road conditions of Japan and Running a car fro tens ams amount of time o the streets of New York City . there is a reason why car in my town depreciate faster than anywhere in the world once they leave the car showroom. Bayern would be worn ragged in our league because they are not used to it for one and because the players are not that good under the level of pressure we are talking about. 8)
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby eaman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Bayern probably wouldn't walk it but seen as there a better Team than all the premiership top teams they would win it. Not having a break might effect them but not to the point of them losing games especially with their big squad.
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby specnur » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:23 pm

eaman wrote:Bayern probably wouldn't walk it but seen as there a better Team than all the premiership top teams they would win it. Not having a break might effect them but not to the point of them losing games especially with their big squad.


They have not proven to be better than chelsea that's for sure!
Chelsea beat them in their hometown in the biggest match of their lives and the London team held them with 10 men for en entire extra time only to be beaten in the end by penalties!

Funny how you ignore the fact that Bayern having to play some of these premiership teams they meet usually once a year ,sometimes 3 times in the space of 2 weeks just stinks of someone living in denial.
You think they would win every game of in a short space of time against Chelsea ,Man city and Liverpool? OR Arsenal .MAn u and Spurs ? Any combination of them 6 clubs would deal Bayern at least one defeat given that both Arsenal and Chelsea have as much dance of beating them as Bayern does of beating them base don recent performances!
Hey , your entitled to your opinion but not addressing certain aspects of the reality of life in English football is pure desperation!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15846
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Next

Return to General Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests