Bayern Munich v Arsenal - 11th March

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Bayern Munich v Arsenal - 11th March

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:40 pm

Bayern Munich won the first leg 2-0 against Arsenal at the Emirates with 2nd half goals from an excellent Kroos and Muller.

Is this tie already over or is there some way that the Gunners can get back into it? An early goal from Wengers side could make it interesting.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Simply » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Bayern is unstoppable right now.. so it's already over..
I never was so unexcited before a match with such big names...

Bayern Munichs last results:
6:1 , 5:1, 4:0, 4:0, 5:0 ...

I know their opponents had not nearly the quality Arsenal, but this Bayern Munich is not from this world right now...
They trashed Wolfsburg today, who are normally a pretty solid team...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 pm

I see Arsenal throwing everything at Bayern without caution,they ahem no choice right now.
Last time round in worse position Arsenal won at Bayern when the German champions were reportedly unstoppable then!
IF Arsenal get a win again at this stadium it will be one of the most incredible achievements in Wenger's career . Not because Bayern are an unstoppable team ,which they are not ,but because Bayern are a very good team that should learn form their mistakes of last time in tis position.
Arsenal are a depleted team right now in terms of first team starters NO Walcott,no Ramsey ,no Wilshere and a ghost of a player in big games in Ozil who bottled a penalty last time we played Bayern.

I think Arsenal should get battered in this game quite frankly only because ether will throw caution to the wind!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Only 3 hours to go until Kick Off now :)

It looks like Franck Ribery will be back for Bayern Munich.

Fabianski will play in goal for Arsenal as Szczesny is suspended.

The Gunners won 2-0 at the Allianz arena back in March 2013 and Man City won 3-2 there in Dec 2013.

Arjen Robben has scored five goals and delivered five assists in his last 10 Champions League games at home.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Ant » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 pm

I'd be surprised to see Arsenal win this game or maybe even make it to the next round but I wouldn't be shocked. In a single game, every team can beat every team on a good day at this stage of the competition. All Arsenal need is one early goal or even one unjust penalty in the 67th minute and Bayern will be against the ropes.
I think Bayern will win though because in my opinion they are quite clearly the better team.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Yep ,Bayern should walk this match, too many injuries for us.
Like most german teams ,the superior ability to play as unit ,with all players doing their part will make it an easy victory for Bayern.
IF Arsenal had all their players , i see them beating this Bayern team like last time!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Teams

Bayern Munich:
Neuer; Lahm, Martinez, Dante, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Thiago; Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic

Subs - Starke,Pizarro,van Buyten,Boateng,Kroos,Muller,Rafinha

Arsenal:
Fabianski; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen; Arteta, Oxlade Chamberlain; Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski; Giroud

Subs - Rosicky,Viviano,Flamini,Jenkinson,Gnabry,Hayden
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:24 pm

No Ramsey ,No wilshere ,No Walcott ,No Gibbs!!!!!!!!
flipping hell No chance!!!!!!
It's all on Ozil now , he can't disappear in this match that's for sure.
Wenger has gone with not starting Flamini which means he is going all out to attack ,that means Ozil has to step the man the f@ck up and stop bitching out of these games we need him to perform in. I know Cazorla will be working his ass off ,not sure about Podolski would rather Gnabry in for him at least better tracking back for sure as well as going forward. Rosicky on a yellow so he should see action in the second half.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:55 pm

6 minutes in, so far 3 straight turn overs for Ozil and one pathetic attempt at defending a corner from this player!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Who was that is aw at around the 8th minute take the ball under control ,and then run out of bounds with ball at feet under very little pressure? World class Yeah right!

One thing is absolutely evident is that Bayern are looking at getting that ball to Alaba more tun any other player to make something happen. You can't even tell who the left back and the left winger is between him and Ribery at the moment Alaba is so far up the pitch.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:39 pm

HT

Bayern 0-0 Arsenal

The Ox had a couple of good moments for the Gunners in the first half but that was about it.

Arsenal really need to come out firing at start of 2nd half and to take some risks but we know Wenger doesnt have a plan B.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Ant » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Alaba is having a poor match. 62% passing accuracy, bad crosses, bad decisions.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 pm

second half over!

Didn't see anything form either team to worry about ! Bayern get down the flanks well ,but he crosses were tapped out with no stress at all! The same defensive job they employed against barca ,but if we keep letting them make crosses it only takes ne to get through to bury any hopes.
Podolski has to come off for Rosicky ,Arteta is playing ok ,but he's on a yellow so Flamini should warm up and Gnabry needs to come on for Ozill ffs!
The German was pathetic out there tonight thus far just not getting involved. If he's not going to run about and get open for a pass what's he good for ? Hat to keep gong on about the lad ,but he's just out of his depth so far!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Ozil is to be replaced by Rosicky at half time.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 pm

as expected Arsenal has little to do in this match.. a very weak performance so far... best arsenal player is definitely Oxlade Chamberlain who 2-3 good sprints where he ran much faster than Thiago.. Ozil is invisible.. Podolski tries, but his effort gets converted into fouls instead of a good performance.. the only positive thing I can see here is that the defence made no big mistake so far..

..Bayern munich as usual in full control of the game, but as they don't need to score a goal they don't try very hard for one... of course that makes this game a bit boring.. :(
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Ant wrote:Alaba is having a poor match. 62% passing accuracy, bad crosses, bad decisions.

yup I agree... things didn't work very well for him so far... he only had some good sprints
Lahm played a very good first half..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Conaldinho » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Bayern doing exactly as they did last year, no urgency and just going through the motions, probably a foul for the goal but delighted they've got one as it's been a painfully boring game so far. Would be hilarious if Arsenal managed to do it!
Conaldinho
World Class
World Class

Postby Simply » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 pm

..but even if that goal was irregular... we have a game now :D :D :D
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Shweinsteiger doing his best Lamoard impression ! Does nothing but foul the entire game and taps in a ball in the box!

Mandzukic has there been a worst diver in this tournament this season ,what an annoying player! Pretty impotent at that!

Best move Bayern has done was take Gotze off absolutely invisible!

I actually feel sorry for Ozil ,but he had to come off we need a chance to win.

Alaba saved Bayern for sure with a dead cert goal in waiting off that cross by tracking back to stop Giroud.
Game saving tackle right there!

We got to take Giroud off right now ,he's doing nothing for us!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Ant » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:37 pm

We aren't very good at this penalty thing.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League