FA Cup Semi Finals - 2013/14

Let us know your thoughts on this years competition! Can anyone break the dominance of the big four?

Moderator: Moderators

FA Cup Semi Finals - 2013/14

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Arsenal v Wigan

Hull v Sheffield Utd

The ties will be played at Wembley over the weekend of April 12/13.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Arthur V » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Final: Arsenal x Sheffield Utd

I hope.
Arthur V
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:20 am

Flipping hell ,i'll be in UK when those games are played ! Better try and get a ticket for that!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44 pm

well I must say I am happier to face Wigan than Man City ...but that is not to say beating Wigan will be a walkover , if they can beat Man City at the Etihad ..and they deserved it , we will need to be at our best if we want to reach the Final .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Seamus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:15 pm

I wouldn't have put any money on those 4 being in the semis at the start of the season!. Would be great to see a Wigan V Sheff Utd final!.
Seamus

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:12 am

Here is the schedule then.

Saturday April 12th
12 Apr, 17:00 Wigan Athletic v Arsenal Wembley, London

Sunday April 13th
13 Apr, 16:00 Hull City v Sheffield United Wembley, London

Wigan v Arsenal will be on ITV with Hull v Sheff Utd on BT Sport.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 pm

specnur wrote:Flipping hell ,i'll be in UK when those games are played ! Better try and get a ticket for that!

Do yourself a favour, go straight through the Wigan ticket office rather than Arsenal.

you'll be 100x more likely to get a ticket in their end than you would in the Arsenal end, which will certainly sell out. i'd be amazed if Wigan even come close to selling out their allocation. i think they sent back about 10,000 tickets last year.

your hideous farmer accent should see you avoid any grief from Wigan supporters annoyed at their space being invaded by an Arsenal man. when booking them through Wigan it may be senisble to use a non-london postal address if you can use one. while Blackpool were dishing tickets out willy nilly for the play off final i know some clubs can be a bit more picky on the assumption that there will be very few Wigan fans in London - there are barely any in Wigan.

as an aside, if Arsenal don't win this cup with the teams that are left in it i'd be in fits of laughter. surely the worst set of semi finalists for a very long time.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:Flipping hell ,i'll be in UK when those games are played ! Better try and get a ticket for that!

Do yourself a favour, go straight through the Wigan ticket office rather than Arsenal.

you'll be 100x more likely to get a ticket in their end than you would in the Arsenal end, which will certainly sell out. i'd be amazed if Wigan even come close to selling out their allocation. i think they sent back about 10,000 tickets last year.

your hideous farmer accent should see you avoid any grief from Wigan supporters annoyed at their space being invaded by an Arsenal man. when booking them through Wigan it may be senisble to use a non-london postal address if you can use one. while Blackpool were dishing tickets out willy nilly for the play off final i know some clubs can be a bit more picky on the assumption that there will be very few Wigan fans in London - there are barely any in Wigan.

as an aside, if Arsenal don't win this cup with the teams that are left in it i'd be in fits of laughter. surely the worst set of semi finalists for a very long time.

Would i have to sit with that lot ffs!
Because if not that is fatalistic advice mate! I'll pass it on to my contacts in the Uk! Fingers crossed e!
Cheers pal ,i'll go a bit easy on you next week! :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:08 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

Because if not that is fatalistic advice mate! I'll pass it on to my contacts in the Uk! Fingers crossed e!

i think there'll be enough empty seats for you to plot up by the half way line bits (the expensive seats those Northerners wont be going anywhere near).

pals of mine did the same in the play off final. they then had a word with the stewards who kindly let them shift over to the west ham side.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:16 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

i think there'll be enough empty seats for you to plot up by the half way line bits (the expensive seats those Northerners wont be going anywhere near).

pals of mine did the same in the play off final. they then had a word with the stewards who kindly let them shift over to the west ham side.

I went to the Wigan website and couldn't find any tickets there! Do you mean buy them at the box office day of? Risky that would be! Half way line would be perfect i'll look into the prices of them. I know behind the goal at the Arsenal end they were about 225 about 190 down the Wigan end which is not happening! I'm guessing half way line on the Wigan side should be around the same price as the Arsenal end seats , just taking a guess.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:03 pm

The prices should be identical for both teams and considerably cheaper than that if you buy through official channels.

I don't think the tickets are on sale yet but they'll probably go to season ticket holders first, then members and then general. There is usually a 31,000 split between both teams but Wigan will probably send some back based on their pathetic support. If i were you i'd email Wigan directly to see what's what. They may sell direct or through someone like seetickets or ticketmaster but you shouldn't need to pay over £100 i'd expect.

They usually sell tickets blocks at a time with one of the half way line blocks being held back depending on demand. If wigan don't have enough demand they'll hand that black over to arsenal giving them a 55-45 split of the seats, or more.

Definitely contact Wigan directly though. If you're feeling flush Club Wembley will do packages which might be better for you if there's a few of you.

I don't think my Arsenal mates have any spare membership numbers but i can ask for you if you want?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Steely Hill wrote:The prices should be identical for both teams and considerably cheaper than that if you buy through official channels.

I don't think the tickets are on sale yet but they'll probably go to season ticket holders first, then members and then general. There is usually a 31,000 split between both teams but Wigan will probably send some back based on their pathetic support. If i were you i'd email Wigan directly to see what's what. They may sell direct or through someone like seetickets or ticketmaster but you shouldn't need to pay over £100 i'd expect.

They usually sell tickets blocks at a time with one of the half way line blocks being held back depending on demand. If wigan don't have enough demand they'll hand that black over to arsenal giving them a 55-45 split of the seats, or more.

Definitely contact Wigan directly though. If you're feeling flush Club Wembley will do packages which might be better for you if there's a few of you.

I don't think my Arsenal mates have any spare membership numbers but i can ask for you if you want?

hey mate ,thanks for that! But don't trouble yourself!
100 quid sounds a lot better than the prices i have seen so far .I'm going to get my mate in the UK to send Wigan an email to see what up with them tickets! I actually just saw on my calendar that i have to work in Bristol that night ,so i'm going to make sure i can get back down in time! It will only be me and a mate! Wish my son could go he would love it! But i just can't afford to bring him work ahas me over there for the entire month and day out at a game would break up some of that time.
Great help you have provided though pal! nice one!

:wink:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:12 am

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:The prices should be identical for both teams and considerably cheaper than that if you buy through official channels.

hey mate ,thanks for that! But don't trouble yourself!
100 quid sounds a lot better than the prices i have seen so far .I'm going to get my mate in the UK to send Wigan an email to see what up with them tickets! I actually just saw on my calendar that i have to work in Bristol that night ,so i'm going to make sure i can get back down in time! It will only be me and a mate! Wish my son could go he would love it! But i just can't afford to bring him work ahas me over there for the entire month and day out at a game would break up some of that time.
Great help you have provided though pal! nice one!

:wink:

most expensive tickets will be £60 and they will go on general sale wednesday 26 March. however Wigan have only taken 25,000 but even then i still think you'd be ok.

on their website they say it's only on general sale "to customers with previous booking history at the DW Stadium". However Blackpool said the same but sold them to every one. to be on the safe side though, just order some tickets frmo Wigan for their next home game (guess about £20) and you'll then meet their criteria for semi tickets. also two tickets only per order.

you do know the kick off is 5pm though? getting back to Bristol will be a hell of a trek after the game...
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Steely Hill wrote:most expensive tickets will be £60 and they will go on general sale wednesday 26 March. however Wigan have only taken 25,000 but even then i still think you'd be ok.

on their website they say it's only on general sale "to customers with previous booking history at the DW Stadium". However Blackpool said the same but sold them to every one. to be on the safe side though, just order some tickets frmo Wigan for their next home game (guess about £20) and you'll then meet their criteria for semi tickets. also two tickets only per order.

you do know the kick off is 5pm though? getting back to Bristol will be a hell of a trek after the game...

5pm kick off ????I fought it was a 3pm kick off? That sucks ass ,but thanks for the heads up mate!
That's a spanner in reworks if i ever saw one. I know i probably won't start work until about 12 midnight ,probably be best to take the train rather than drive up if that's the case.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:49 pm

specnur wrote:5pm kick off ????I fought it was a 3pm kick off? That sucks ass ,but thanks for the heads up mate!
That's a spanner in reworks if i ever saw one. I know i probably won't start work until about 12 midnight ,probably be best to take the train rather than drive up if that's the case.

:lol:

now you know how we feel with the constantly changing kick off times and dates just to suit those dwelling in foreign lands... ;-)
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:5pm kick off ????I thought it was a 3pm kick off? That sucks ass ,but thanks for the heads up mate!
That's a spanner in works if i ever saw one. I know i probably won't start work until about 12 midnight ,probably be best to take the train rather than drive up if that's the case.

:lol:

now you know how we feel with the constantly changing kick off times and dates just to suit those dwelling in foreign lands... ;-)

LMFAO!
Is that what is was all about ,i better tell them i'm in Europe then and not to bother changing the times then! :wink:

Flipping hell, my spelling was a horror show before ,but with this new apple spell check it's flipping beyond a nightmare!
:(
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 am

I'd like to see Sheffield Utd win the cup, and I guess they have a small chance now we are into the semis. Yorkshire teams have not had much luck lately, and The Blades are a team that have languished in the lower leagues for too long (along with Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds.

The pressure is on Arsenal, they are the obvious favourites and after so many barren years this is their best chance to pick up a cup. Surely they cannot blow it against a minnow in the F.A. cup again - can they??
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:I'd like to see Sheffield Utd win the cup, and I guess they have a small chance now we are into the semis. Yorkshire teams have not had much luck lately, and The Blades are a team that have languished in the lower leagues for too long (along with Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds.

The pressure is on Arsenal, they are the obvious favourites and after so many barren years this is their best chance to pick up a cup. Surely they cannot blow it against a minnow in the F.A. cup again - can they??

Anything is possible when those you are up against have nothing to lose ,but Arsenal are/should be focussed on keeping their champions league status.
I think Hull will be a bit of a problem if we are not on point.
But there will be a lot of pressure on Arsenal regardless.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:18 am

specnur wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:I'd like to see Sheffield Utd win the cup, and I guess they have a small chance now we are into the semis. Yorkshire teams have not had much luck lately, and The Blades are a team that have languished in the lower leagues for too long (along with Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds.

Anything is possible when those you are up against have nothing to lose ,but Arsenal are/should be focussed on keeping their champions league status.
I think Hull will be a bit of a problem if we are not on point.
But there will be a lot of pressure on Arsenal regardless.

Hmm, I'd be interested to know the percentage of Arsenal fans who would prefer a cup win to a CL spot. Arsenal have won bugger all for a long time now, and they ain't going to win the CL anytime soon. It brings in revenue for the club, of course it does, but you don't get cups for prudent accountancy! It would be the final nail in the coffin for Wenger if he can't get his team into the final.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Re:

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:I'd like to see Sheffield Utd win the cup

I'd like to see Sheffield Utd go out of business.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to FA Cup