Stoke v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Stoke v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Stoke moved a step closer to safety with a point at Norwich , the game finished 1-1 and manager Mark Hughes spoke about the red card for goalscorer Walters ...."It was an unfair challenge but both players had their feet high, but Jon has caught him. I don't think the punishment fits the crime .We had to dig in and make sure we didn't lose the game and I thought we were excellent in making sure we got something. We have that character and determination and it has helped us get a really important point."

West Ham had their recent winning streak ended after losing 1-0 to Everton at Goodison Park , the Hammers frustrated the Toffees for most of the game but conceded a goal in the last 10 mins ..it left manager Sam Allardyce to say after the game on his side`s performance .."Unfortunately, it wasn't quite good enough in the end."Our chances in the final third we should have done a lot better with and those wasted moments could have been the turning point for us."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:28 pm

This wont be easy but if we continue to defend well maybe we can come away with at least a draw from the Brittania stadium.
Stoke will be without Jonathan Walters which is a bonus for us and we will also need a strong referee to help us get through this rugby sorry i mean football match

Stoke 1-1 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am

England's El Classico is upon us and the frenzied anticipation is hitting fever pitch!

some facts to consider as we go into the game:

West Ham didn?t manage a single shot on target against Stoke in their meeting at Upton Park earlier in the season.

The Hammers have scored exactly one goal in each of their four Premier League matches at the Britannia Stadium.

Mark Hughes? side have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League games at the Britannia Stadium

with that in mind i fully anticipate a feast for the neutral as this will undoubtedly be beamed into living rooms around the world to show the strength of the EPL BRAND!!

0-0, for sure.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:24 pm

I guess we will be last on MOTD on Saturday night. :lol:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:48 pm

A tough game for West Ham, and after the dreaded manager of the month award usually comes a nose dive in form. However, the Hammers have managed to defy the expectations of neutrals and their own fans alike by getting out of their relegation battle.

Stoke at home have a parsimonious defence, and they can still hurt you with a quick break or a set piece - just ask Arsenal. Always one the trickier away grounds to visit and come away with three points.

I'll go with 1-1, in this clash of mid table mediocrity.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Teams

STOKE:
Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters; Odemwingie, Nzonzi, Ireland, Whelan, Arnautovic; Crouch.

Subs: Sorensen, Muniesa, Palacios, Guidetti, Etherington, Wilkinson, Shotton.

WEST HAM:
Adrian, Reid, McCartney, Nolan, Tomkins, Carroll, Noble, Demel, Diame, Downing, Nocerino.

Subs: Jarvis, Armero, Taylor, Collins, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole, J.Cole.

COYI!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:

Stoke at home have a parsimonious defence, and they can still hurt you with a quick break

Yep, a bit like that one from Odemwingie. The score line is perhaps a tad harsh on West Ham as they played up in the second half, and were denied a penalty.
Don't think this will be the last on MOTD!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm

FT

Stoke 3-1 West Ham

It looks like the manager of the month curse has struck again. :(

Disappointing to lose 3-1 especially when we opened the scoring after only 4 mins.

As for MOTD I think i may not bother watching it now and will see a movie instead!

We have now lost our last 2 and are back in relegation trouble again.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:38 am

one of those annoying games where you seem relatively comfortable and yet concede some of the worst goals imaginable to flip the game on its head. it wasn't a classic by anyone's standards and nobody really stood out for either team.

diabolical refereeing to deny us the penalty though. we're due a remarkable run of good fortune to balance out the considerable 'bad luck' we've had from the men in black this season. each one just seems as incompetent as the last and it does get very tedious.

two defeats on the spin now so normal service is resumed it seems.

thought dropping Collins for this game was a strange one given his aerial ability against the likes of Crouch. Reid still needs time to tune himself back in after a lengthy lay off.

Bring on Man United!!! :twisted:
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:22 pm

I don't get why Sam dropped Collins and put in Reid as we let in 3 poor goals and was no need to change the defence.

I agree that we were robbed of a blatant penalty and was nothing wrong with Nolans goal either but luck wasnt on our side.

We have been the victim of too many terrible decisions from referees this season which could still cost our place in league.

What are the odds that who ever takes charge of the Man Utd game will make sure that all situations go their way next week?

It better not be Howard Webb who turns up at Upton Park after the shameful Andy Carroll incident when he was wrongly dismissed.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League