Tottenham v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Tottenham had their top four hopes dented as they lost 4-0 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge , a red card for Younes Kaboul has been rescinded so he will be available against Arsenal ..the result though left manager Tim Sherwood frustrated...he said after the game "I`m frustrated"

Arsenal get back to their league campaign after the FA Cup and Champions League games ...Arsene Wenger will want to keep alive their hopes of the title , so only a win against their North London rivals will do ...the Gunners are 7 pts behind leaders Chelsea although they do have a game in hand ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Arsenal will have a slight advantage in that they will have had 2 more days rest for this game
with Tottenham in action against Benfica tonight and I guess will be hoping that they give Spurs a very tough 90 mins.

Will give another prediction nearer Sunday but at the moment fancy the Gunners to come away with a 1-1 draw.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm

but Tottenham are at home , so at least they have not had to travel .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Conner99 wrote:but Tottenham are at home , so at least they have not had to travel .

It wouldn't have taken Arsenal that long to get back from Germany so they will still have had more rest.

Spurs heads will also be down now after that defeat at home to Benfica which has probably knocked them out the Europa.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Team News

Ozil is out for Arsenal for about 3 weeks with a hamstring injury but Szczesny will be back in goal following his ban.

Spurs Captain Michael Dawson will also be missing with a hamstring while Kyle Walker is a major doubt with a pelvis problem.

Did you know that Arsenal have won none of the last five Premier League north London derbies at White Hart Lane (W0 D2 L3) with all three defeats by a 1-2 scoreline.

Any more predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm going to this game, my pilgrimages to WHL have not been the best this season so I hope I'm not crying in my beer again on Sunday evening.

I can't express a great deal of confidence in securing a win tomorrow, anyone who watched our defence get caught out so many times against Chelsea and Benfica will understand why I'm a bit twitchy going into this game. 5th place in the league is where we are - better than the hobbledyhoys beneath us, but not good enough to challenge the top four teams. As Arsenal are a top four team, I'm worried.

Arsenal seem to have steadied the ship and found their form again after the Stoke defeat. They still have an outside chance of winning the league, and of course will be motivated to compound our misery with another defeat. They won't be lacking motivation.

I'm a natural optimist and I think the football gods owe me a break after recent results. Tottenham 1 Arsenal 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Teams

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Townsend, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Chadli, Adebayor.

Subs: Friedel, Walker, Lennon, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Kane, Soldado.

ARSENAL:
Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud.

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Flamini, Gnabry Sanogo
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:09 pm

What a strike By Rosicky great start!

Spurs have put out a team that can get turned right over make no mistake about it!
Player that long in the mid field is match made in heaven for us.
Mike Dean ffs! Adebayor way offside no flag , Giroud kicked in the face right i front of him and doesn't call it!
Don;t let this be a sign of things to come.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Podolski was NOT offside for that breakaway! Another poor call!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Get in ,big result!
LOL! At Chseney taking selfies at the end!
Man of the match Koscielny !
WTF is it with these Cockney managers ffs! Throwing the flipping ball at Sagna like that ,could have broke a rib! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Arthur V » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Very important victory.

With chelsea's lost yesterday, Arsenal needed this victory.

A real "golaco" by Rosicky.

I believe!!!!
Last edited by Arthur V on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur V
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:22 pm

FT

Tottenham 0-1 Arsenal
0-1 Rosicky 2'

Rosicky's early rocket wins the game for Arsenal and also keeps them in the title race.

Any comments on the Gunners victory?

Were they a bit lucky to come away with all 3 points as they spent most of the match defending and didn't play that well?

Like in the game with Benfica the other day Spurs had plenty of the ball but failed to create hardly any chances at all.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Poor arsenal performance against an average spurs team who had less of a rest coming into this game. I know it was a derby but arsenal gave away the ball at will. Also can someone please tell me why sagna got booked in the first half for that tackle on Rose. There were no studs showing and I'm fairly sure he got the ball. I think its more of a booking when you slide in studs showing like kaboul did to podolski. Even though it wasn't straight on to podolski if podolski had put his foot in he might have seriously injured himself. If anyone else saw both of these incidents can you please comment coz the proper art of tackling needs to be preserved and stuck up for
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:09 am

Arsenal didn't play well ,but if Ozil was on that pitch we would have lost!
Almost every player with the exception of Giroud put some sort of shift in on that pitch.
Calling it a poor performance doesn't do any justice to the impeccable job of defending Koscielny and Mertesacker did back there!
Even Podolski was in his own goal area defending ,usually we have at least 3 players not carrying their share of the load this game there was only 1, and beating Spurs at home took warriors performance regardless of the schedule. I think Spurs second half performance pretty much indicated that.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:52 am

Disappointed to have lost the game, a draw would not have been an unfair result but we failed to stick the ball in the net after getting behind the Arsenal defence on several occasions, so thems the breaks.

Our defence was playing ridiculously high, you could have thrown a blanket over our 11 at times. It is a dangerous game, and to be honest we could have conceded another in the first half, which would have killed the game. Nonetheless, I can't fault the players for putting in a spirited performance, they gave Arsenal a hard game.

Arsenal were surprisingly sloppy with possession, but they defended well and Rosicky's goal was a beauty. I think they will have to play better than they did against us if are going to win the league, but I'm sure there aren't any Gooners worrying about that, three points was essential to keep them in the hunt.

Our season is all but over, just playing for pride, I have a feeling Sherwood will be moved on at the end of the season. Like most Tottenham fans I'm feeling a bit of deja vu!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:01 pm

specnur wrote:Arsenal didn't play well ,but if Ozil was on that pitch we would have lost!
Almost every player with the exception of Giroud put some sort of shift in on that pitch.
Calling it a poor performance doesn't do any justice to the impeccable job of defending Koscielny and Mertesacker did back there!
Even Podolski was in his own goal area defending ,usually we have at least 3 players not carrying their share of the load this game there was only 1, and beating Spurs at home took warriors performance regardless of the schedule. I think Spurs second half performance pretty much indicated that.

You thought Cazorla and Arteta had good games?

Not a great performance but we defended well and could have gone 2 or 3 nil up in the first 30 minutes. Very pleased with the result, still got a small chance at the title, roll on Chelsea.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:32 pm

specnur wrote:WTF is it with these Cockney managers ffs!

Sherwood is from Hertfordshire ffs, don't lump him in with us.

i am shocked (sort of) at the lack of focus on his petulant launch of the ball at Sagna. luckily Sagna had considerably more class than Tiger Tim and was able to brush it off but the act was no less aggressive than what we recently saw from the Newcatle manager - however it was certainly more cowardly, since Sagna was far enough away for Sir Les to step in with enuogh time to protect the bodywarmer wering mug.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:49 pm

I didn't know that Tim Sherwood was a boyhood Arsenal fan not that it should make any difference but still find it amusing he is now Spurs manager.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 pm

I thought we defended really well again yesterday. It's a real shame our striker doesn't match the ability of our defense because if he did we could be absolutely pisssing this league.

We basically played the same team that played against Munich. When you factor in the amount of games some of our players had played as well, it was always going to catch up with us.

Spurs introduced 5 fresh players who didn't play against Benfica, big difference there. They also had a better bench than us (not that it made a big difference).

Spurs did play a ridiculously high line but they knew that Chambo was the only real player that could breach that. Had we had Theo, Ozil, Ramsey available, it would've been much easier on that front. Yeah Chadli should've scored from the Szczesny fumble but it shows that despite their dominance, it took a mistake to get them in on goal.

In my opinion, there is no way this Arsenal team will win the league. Not a chance. But with a decent striker and a better centre mid with a bit of bollox we could have taken this title, and that would have been all it took.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:
specnur wrote:Arsenal didn't play well ,but if Ozil was on that pitch we would have lost!

You thought Cazorla and Arteta had good games?

Not a great performance but we defended well and could have gone 2 or 3 nil up in the first 30 minutes. Very pleased with the result, still got a small chance at the title, roll on Chelsea.

Not really ,but they tracked back and made key tackles i know Arteta made one that was probably going to be a goal stan. So for that i will not complain about their performance wasn't great but good enough to win without any other player getting injured trying to do their part for them.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League