Aston Villa v Chelsea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Aston Villa v Chelsea

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Aston Villa had a decent 4-1 win against Norwich in their last game to move 6 points clear of the drop zone.

Chelsea enjoyed a comfortable 4-0 win over Spurs in their last match to open a 7 point lead at top of the table.

A win for Mourinho's men at Villa Park on Saturday evening would increase their advantage to an impressive 10 points.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Chelsea have subtlety risen to the top of the league, winning games with the usual efficient Mourinho style. With our comedy defensive mistakes, I think we made their job a lot easier than it should have been in their last game but they are no doubt a difficult team to beat home or away. 14 consecutive Premier games unbeaten is the only stat you need to know.

It was 2009 the last time Villa beat Chelsea at home, but despite this I wouldn't be shocked to see them get something from this tie today as they are so inconsistent and unpredictable.

The heart says home win, but the head says Villa 1 Chelsea 3.
Pickleman1967

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Teams

Aston Villa:
Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Steer, Sylla, Holt, Clark, Albrighton, Lowton, Robinson.

Chelsea:
Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Matic, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Torres.

Subs: Schwarzer, Kalas, Mikel, Lampard, Schurrle, Salah, Ba.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:35 pm

brilliant goal by Delph :!: :!:
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:43 pm

FT

Aston Villa 1-0 Chelsea
1-0 Delph 82'

What disaster for Chelsea!

Not only did they lose but they also had Willian,Ramires and even manager Jose Mourinho sent off!

Any comments on Villa's victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
It was 2009 the last time Villa beat Chelsea at home, but despite this I wouldn't be shocked to see them get something from this tie.

Oh come on, I practically told you the result today. A Chelsea defeat with 2 men sent off? Oh thank you Jesus!

Pickleman1967

Postby specnur » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:21 pm

No way was that a yellow card for Willian poor reffing changed this game!
Ramires deserved he red though .
The reason why i wanted Lampard to play in this game and cost Chelsea ,was evident in that goal by Delph.
Because the way he dribbled around the lead-footed Matic was typical of what a busy mid field like Villa has will do to players of that stature. The only difference is if Lamaprd was in there it would have happened mire often.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Half Way House » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:10 pm

I thought this was a cracking game & I was made up with the result which has thrown the title race completely open. Delph had a fantastic game & Villa in the end deserved their win against a very cynical Chelsea team
Half Way House
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Seamus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Half Way House wrote:I thought this was a cracking game & I was made up with the result which has thrown the title race completely open. Delph had a fantastic game & Villa in the end deserved their win against a very cynical Chelsea team

I would say the title race was pretty open anyway when you consider the games in hand other teams have over chelsea. I think it will be a two horse race in the end between them and city. With regards to the match, I saw this as a potential banana skin but predicted a 2-2 draw.
Seamus

Postby Seamus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Mourihno said after the game that this result doesn't effect the title race as his side are not in the title race! - how the reporter resisted the urge to laugh in his face I don't know!.
Seamus

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:43 pm

an absolutely scummy tackle from Ramires. three game bans for that type of thing simply isn't enough. i'd put that on a par with the Thatcher on Mendes thuggery. pure cowardice that could potentially end a man's career.

however the ref had no control on anything throughout and made several poor decisions and i have no doubt that led to the red mist descending onto Ramires.

really annoyed that Chelsea lost this as it puts Villa above us with those three bonus points. with every league position worth a very tidy sum this could cost us considerably.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Steely Hill wrote:an absolutely scummy tackle from Ramires. three game bans for that type of thing simply isn't enough. i'd put that on a par with the Thatcher on Mendes thuggery. pure cowardice that could potentially end a man's career.

however the ref had no control on anything throughout and made several poor decisions and i have no doubt that led to the red mist descending onto Ramires.

really annoyed that Chelsea lost this as it puts Villa above us with those three bonus points. with every league position worth a very tidy sum this could cost us considerably.

Mate ,on par with the Thatcher thuggery?????????? Are you insane!!!!!!!
tackles like that of Ramires was common place when i was growing up over there ffs! Ben Thatcher's was so egregious we haven't seen that player since!! HE flipping put the giant haystacks forearm smash to Mendes' jaw when he was almost off the pitch !
Ramires' challenge wasn't even as bad as Gerrard's jumping two footed Ethnic cleanser!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:03 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:an absolutely scummy tackle from Ramires. three game bans for that type of thing simply isn't enough. i'd put that on a par with the Thatcher on Mendes thuggery. pure cowardice that could potentially end a man's career.

tackles like that of Ramires was common place when i was growing up over there ffs! Ben Thatcher's was so egregious we haven't seen that player since!! HE flipping put the giant haystacks forearm smash to Mendes' jaw when he was almost off the pitch !
Ramires' challenge wasn't even as bad as Gerrard's jumping two footed Ethnic cleanser!

in terms of potential damage and effect that it could have had on the victim i think Ramires' was every bit as bad. it was deliberately intended to cause maximum harm to his opponent and was inexcusably reckless.

you may have grown up in neolithic times but these days we need to be coming down hard on assaults like these. it was cowardly and dangerous. i'd double it and give him a six game ban.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

I see that Chelsea fans are abusing our Olympic cyclist Sir Chris Hoy on Twitter thinking that he is referee Chris Foy. :lol:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:

Yoink leg damage is on par with brain damage? Mendes' head getting blindsided by that neanderthal mouthbreather's elbow and then sent crashing into the advertising hoardings was the same thing as 70/30 tackle ?

in terms of potential damage and effect that it could have had on the victim i think Ramires' was every bit as bad. it was deliberately intended to cause maximum harm to his opponent and was inexcusably reckless.

you may have grown up in neolithic times but these days we need to be coming down hard on assaults like these. it was cowardly and dangerous. i'd double it and give him a six game ban.

You think leg damage is on par with brain damage? Mendes' head getting blindsided by that neanderthal mouthbreather's elbow and then sent crashing into the advertising hoardings was the same thing as 70/30 tackle ?
Maybe you have some sort personal dislike to Ramires ,but don't think that challenge was as bad as some i have seen in recent times ,but bad enough for a 3 match ban yes! I think Thatchers challenge should have had the league implement a lifetime ban for any challenge of that sort in future! Mendes found it safer to play in Scotland after experiencing that trend! And when you see Arsenal get 3 broken legs in 4 season after i see his point , shape of things to come!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:37 pm

I though the tackle was bad , but I do think the 3 game ban for Ramirez was enough . If players start getting banned for 6 matches or more for this sort of thing then things could start to go crazy with bans being 10 games or more just to satisfy the critics and press or pundits ..etc

As for the game ...a great result for us and the other title challengers .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:23 am

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:

Yoink leg damage is on par with brain damage? Mendes' head getting blindsided by that neanderthal mouthbreather's elbow and then sent crashing into the advertising hoardings was the same thing as 70/30 tackle ?

You think leg damage is on par with brain damage? Mendes' head getting blindsided by that neanderthal mouthbreather's elbow and then sent crashing into the advertising hoardings was the same thing as 70/30 tackle ?
Maybe you have some sort personal dislike to Ramires ,but don't think that challenge was as bad as some i have seen in recent times ,but bad enough for a 3 match ban yes! I think Thatchers challenge should have had the league implement a lifetime ban for any challenge of that sort in future! Mendes found it safer to play in Scotland after experiencing that trend! And when you see Arsenal get 3 broken legs in 4 season after i see his point , shape of things to come!

brain damage? i think that's a little extreme but i suppose i get your point.

the Arsenal broken legs thing is exactly why Ramires shold be severly punished. that is a career ender and i'm amazed there wasn't a serious injury suffered. wholly unnecessary and completely cowardly.

i actually quite like Ramires and i think my post history will probably show i've been quite complimentary of him but tackles like that are the stuff of cowards. if that had been a Villa, Stoke or West Ham player on a Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City player we'd have replays of it on loop all week on Sky Sports while they drag in ex pros from all over the globe for their thoughts on the knuckle dragging ways of the league's bottom feeders.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Steely Hill wrote:i actually quite like Ramires and i think my post history will probably show i've been quite complimentary of him but tackles like that are the stuff of cowards. if that had been a Villa, Stoke or West Ham player on a Chelsea, Arsenal or Man City player we'd have replays of it on loop all week on Sky Sports while they drag in ex pros from all over the globe for their thoughts on the knuckle dragging ways of the league's bottom feeders.

I don't think the word Coward is relevant in this situation though !
It was reckless indeed and may be somewhat frustration ,but cowardly no.
He had every chance of getting injured as well as the opponent with such rashness.
Now if he came in from behind or the side you would have case ,because he has very little chance of getting injured.

The word Cowardly and the player Ramires just doesn't go together! He is the last player i would put that moniker on in that league!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

Jose Mourinho has been charged with improper conduct by FA for going onto the pitch during the 1-0 defeat at Villa.

Why has it taken them so long to come to this conclusion?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League