Real Madrid v Barcelona - 23rd March

If you love watching Spanish football why not join us right here to discuss all the latest La Liga action.

Moderators: Hams, Moderators

Real Madrid v Barcelona - 23rd March

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Real Madrid are currently unbeaten in 31 matches in all competitions as we go into this weekends El Gran Clasico.

Barcelona find themselves in 3rd place in the table and 4 points behind Los Blancos badly need to win to get back in title race.

Ronaldo and Messi have both been in brilliant form in the last few weeks so we could be in for a classic at the Bernabeu.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Teams

Real Madrid
Lopez, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Alonso, Modric, Di Maria, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Subs - Casillas,Coentrao,Illarramendi,Isco,Morata,Varane,Nacho

Barcelona
Valdes, Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Neymar, Messi.

Subs - Pinto,Correia,Sanchez.Song,Pedro,Bartra,Roberto
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 pm

HT

Madrid 2-2 Barcelona

0-1 Iniesta 7'

1-1 Benzema 20'

2-1 Benzema 24'

2-2 Messi 42'

What a great first half that was! This El Clasico is certainly living up to all the pre match hype.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:59 pm

FT

Real Madrid 3-4 Barcelona
0-1 Iniesta 7'
1-1 Benzema 20'
2-1 Benzema 24'
2-2 Messi 42'
3-2 Ronaldo 55' PEN
3-3 Messi 65' PEN
3-4 Messi 84' PEN

Sent Off - Sergio Ramos

Any comments on tonights El Clasico?

I didn't think that any of the 3 penalties should have been awarded and Ramos was unlucky to be sent off.

Di Maria played very well for Madrid in first half then Messi had an excellent 2nd period to complete his hat trick.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:04 pm

I thought Real Madrid was the better team and those penalties ruined the game..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby eaman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:39 am

Real weren't the better team. Barca just shaded it for me. And all barcas penalty decisions were right so how did it ruin the game simply? ramos knew what he was doing and should have pulled out and alonso clearly took iniesta out
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:34 am

I also thought that Barcelona were the better team but that they only won because the referee awarded them 2 pens for no reason.

How can you say eaman that both Barca decisions were right? Cant you see that Neymar and Iniesta both dived to win theirs?

The Red card for Ramos was also very harsh and ruined the game and cant blame Ronaldo for saying there is a conspiracy to stop Madrid winning La Liga.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Good performance again tonight although still not sure why Tata continues with Cesc in these games, he gave the ball away far too much.
The only pen that wasn't was Ronaldos, Neymar is pulled down and Iniestas was the most nailed on, clumsy from Alonso.
Ramos may not have needed to be sent off as Marcelo was covering I think.
Messi showed himself the match winner with a hat trick and assist whilst Ronaldo unfortunately reverted to type, he can complain all he wants about conspiracies but when he cuts out the theatrics hes brilliant and that's exactly what was needed last night. Di Maria was superb for Madrid last night and Ancelotti has worked wonders with him.
Still think Madrid will take the title in the end but good we won to keep it alive.
Bren10

Postby Simply » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:28 pm

..uhm that was definitely a dive from Neyma guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1177HvzNwWA
Ramos did literary nothing and was sent off...

..and I also woulnd't give Iniesta a penalty for that, as he just kicks the ball away and runs into the Real Madrid players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv3Akohu6ZY
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Bren10 wrote:Good performance again tonight although still not sure why Tata continues with Cesc in these games, he gave the ball away far too much.
The only pen that wasn't was Ronaldos, Neymar is pulled down and Iniestas was the most nailed on, clumsy from Alonso.
Ramos may not have needed to be sent off as Marcelo was covering I think.
Messi showed himself the match winner with a hat trick and assist whilst Ronaldo unfortunately reverted to type, he can complain all he wants about conspiracies but when he cuts out the theatrics hes brilliant and that's exactly what was needed last night. Di Maria was superb for Madrid last night and Ancelotti has worked wonders with him.
Still think Madrid will take the title in the end but good we won to keep it alive.

I was surprised that Pedro didn't start as he has played much better than Fabregas this season!

Disagree with you though Bren that Neymar was pulled down! There was slight contact with Ramos and he just dived.
As for Iniesta he threw himself to the floor when he manged to get inbetween those 2 Madrid players and ref was conned.
PS - Dont forget Atletico are still in the title race but i dont think we will win it! Will just be happy to finish in 3rd position.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Simply wrote:..uhm that was definitely a dive from Neyma guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1177HvzNwWA
Ramos did literary nothing and was sent off...

..and I also woulnd't give Iniesta a penalty for that, as he just kicks the ball away and runs into the Real Madrid players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv3Akohu6ZY

I agree with you Simply.
Must say also that Ronaldo shouldn't have been given a penalty as he was fouled outside the box.
The ref had a very poor game.
I think a draw would have been a fair result last night as both teams played and it was a good match to watch.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

these two teams kill the sport every time they play.

the very worst aspects of the sport come out in abundance every time. a stain on football and the very worst advert for the game you could possibly imagine.

constant cheating, diving, whingeing and every other anti-football tactic you can imagine. absolutely sickening.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby eaman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Neymars left leg was clipped for sure. It was enough to mess up his composure to shoot and any player would have gone down in that case. It was a foul and it doesn't matter how much contact there was. Ramos should have been more careful if he didn't want to give away a penalty but he obviously knew he had to slightly touch Neymar to put him off and he thought he might get away with it
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Return to Spain - La Liga