Chelsea v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Arsenal

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Chelsea suffered a suprise 1-0 defeat away at Aston Villa in their last game but stay top of the table
They also had Willian and Ramires both sent off who will now be banned plus manager Jose Mourinho.
The Blues boss has just been charged with improper conduct buy the FA but not yet been given his punishment.

Arsenal had a 1-0 win away at Tottenham in the North London derby thanks to a tremendous strike from Rosicky.
This will be manager Arsene Wenger's 1,000th match in charge of the Gunners and a win would keep them in title race.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Did you know that Jose Mourinho has never lost against Arsene Wenger as an opposition manager (W5 D5 L0).

Any predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:53 pm

This is the game of the weekend as a win for Arsenal says 'we are still in it' while a win for Chelsea says 'we are the team to beat if you want the title'. It is also Wenger's chance to break his duck against Mourinho at Stamford Bridge after 1000 games for his club. If this one doesn't get your attention, you ain't a football fan.

Arsenal beat Spurs with a display that was less than convincing - the best you can say is they defended very well and won the game despite injuries to key players. They will need more against Chelsea, Spurs haven't won against any top four team this season. Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott and Abou Diaby are big misses. However, the motivation to win a game surely cannot be higher than this one for Arsenal. I don't think there is a pundit or punter out there backing them to beat Chelsea, what more motivation do you need to shove it down the throats of the armchair managers?

Villa beating Chelsea was a result unexpected as much as it was amusing. However, I don't think that result has any relevance to this game. Chelsea at home are a daunting prospect. They know that a win will practically finish Arsenal's hopes of a title, and put themselves in the box seat. Mourinho has no reason to fear Wenger.

Chelsea 2 Arsenal 1
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Boom! What a goal by Eto'o! Giroud went very close 30 seconds earlier, very open attacking play. Cracking game and only five minutes in!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:58 pm

2-0 Chelsea, another fine goal, this time by Shurrle, both goals down the right. Arsenal need to sort it out at the back or they might be in for a thumping.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:10 pm

3-0 Chelsea, a penalty conceded by Chamberlain handing in the penalty area, but Gibbs was sent off! Bizarre!

A shame really, as this was shaping up to be a great tie but it is over now as a contest. Arsenal won't come back from this, the challenge is stop Chelsea scoring more.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Half time, four zip, it really couldn't be much worse for Arsenal. No positives to take from that first half. Chelsea are deservedly in front, they have looked pacey and slick, Arsenal have given away possession sloppily and look flat footed in defence. Only more pain for the Gooners in the second half I fancy.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm

6-0 Chelsea, an absolute f*cking nightmare for Arsenal being pulled apart by the Chavs. As a Spurs fan I have watched my own team capitulate like this several times this season - fun it isn't. I guess the best the Arsenal players can do now is get a couple of consolation goals for their manager and their fans.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Sometimes you look at a game like this and think 'what if?' What if Giroud had scored early on to give Arsenal the lead? It may have been a very different game, but we will never know now. Sometimes tiny margins make the difference between a win and a defeat, it is part of the beauty of competitive sport, and why it is so addictive.

Any Gooners who still had faint hopes of winning the league before this game will no longer entertain that possibility. The club just needs to forget this result as quickly as possible and focus on getting their best players fit for the F.A. cup.

Chelsea deserved the win and look strong contenders for the league title. Come on Liverpool, come on Man City stop them!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pokerkings » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:02 pm

I can give you another 1000 reasons why Wenger is not fit enough at this level

Where is Specs now? Where is SKM?

Everything I have said for years have come home to roost. Found out to be an utter, utter shite manager for a club like Arsenal.

What a mug. No ideas, no clue, completely outclassed yet again.

Hopefully the heat will now be on this trickster.

Enough of this.

Goodbye Wenger.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Seamus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Holy shitballs!.

Could see the chavs winning but by 6. Thought they might have bagged 2 and sat back. The Arse down to 10 men obviously didn't help.
Seamus

Postby Arthur V » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:18 pm

What a shame.

Arsenal were .. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

This "goleada" (don't know how you guys say that in english) is a wake up call.

Arsenal need to react. now.
Arthur V
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Pokerkings wrote:
What a mug. No ideas, no clue, completely outclassed yet again.

Pokerings, you need to come of the fence mate. :lol: CL guaranteed again and a very good chance of the F.A. cup, no idea?

Chap, you do the man a disservice. He is 'Mr Arsenal', and despite the humiliating result today, it will need a very big man to step into the breech when he leaves.

Enough said, I'll let Specnur defend Wenger, I'm just saying there are plenty of clubs out there who would settle for the level of success Arsenal have had under his tenure. Be careful about what you wish for!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby eaman » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:13 am

Why don't arsenal show Chelsea and Liverpool as much respect as they do bayern and Barcelona. They seem to play high up thinking they can outplay these premiership teams and get caught out but when they play the big teams in Europe they sit back and hit on the counter in most games and sometimes get results. Maybe if arsenal played like they do in Europe they would get results against the top premiership teams
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Simply » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:44 am

eaman wrote:Why don't arsenal show Chelsea and Liverpool as much respect as they do bayern and Barcelona. They seem to play high up thinking they can outplay these premiership teams and get caught out but when they play the big teams in Europe they sit back and hit on the counter in most games and sometimes get results. Maybe if arsenal played like they do in Europe they would get results against the top premiership teams

..because Bayern and Barcelona force them to sit back and hit on the counter with their style of play... there is basically no getting around for their opponents... Arsenal has much more space and possession against Premier League teams, but that also means that those teams have less defence to get through.. superior teams like Chelsea can take huge advantage of that..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby eaman » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 am

because Bayern and Barcelona force them to sit back and hit on the counter with their style of play... there is basically no getting around for their opponents... Arsenal has much more space and possession against Premier League teams, but that also means that those teams have less defence to get through.. superior teams like Chelsea can take huge advantage of that..

I know what your saying simply but bayern last year weren't the type of team to pin you back yet arsenal treated them with so much respect that they just sat off off them for most of the two ties unlike when they play top premiership teams. All I'm saying is if they treated barca and bayern like that they'd be hammered as well but if they treated Chelsea the way they treated the top European teams they'd probably beat them or get a draw more often
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:12 pm

I still cant belive that referee Andre Marriner sent off Gibbs by mistake and not Oxlaide Chamberlain!

Should he be stood down for the rest of the season after such a terrible error?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Arthur V wrote:What a shame.

Arsenal were .. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

This "goleada" (don't know how you guys say that in english) is a wake up call.

Arsenal need to react. now.

In English we call goleada a thrashing or beating

Example - Arsenal were really thrashed by Chelsea on Saturday.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:47 pm

i was never expecting that by Chelsea ....6-0 , not the best way for Arsene Wenger to mark his 1000th game in charge , this just goes to show that we don't have what it takes to win against the top teams ...and i mean Liverpool , Man Utd , Man City Chelsea ....we were torn apart by Liverpool .....humiliated by Man City and now given a pasting by Chelsea ...our worst ever . We couldn't even beat a poor Man Utd and lost to them at Old Trafford .

We will probably get turned over against Man City at home too , from a possible chance at the title we have slumped to fighting to keep that Champions League spot , it is not beyond both Tottenham and Everton catching us up . I just don't know who would be able to do any better at Arsenal than Wenger ...we have seen Brendan Rodgers get Liverpool going again though ..so it is possible if you get the right man ..will have to wait and see now if the season ends up a dud again ...only FA Cup left now .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Arsenal cancel Wengers press conference.

Please allow this to be the beginning of the end.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League