West Ham v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Man Utd

Postby Hams » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:12 pm

West Ham lost their last game 3-1 away at Stoke to make it 2 away defeats in a row.
For some bizarre reason Sam Allardyce dropped Collins and selected Reid but the decision back fired.
We were also unfairly denied a penalty and captain Kevin Nolan had a good goal wrongly ruled out.

Man Utd lost their last game 3-0 at home to rivals Liverpool who could have even won game by more.
Wayne Rooney said it was one of the worst days of his life and the press laid in David Moyes the next day.
The Red Devils managed to come from 2-0 down last night to beat Olympiakos 3-0 and qualify for CL quarter finals.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:26 pm

despite the result last night for Man Utd I still think West Ham can win this game and put some pressure back on David Moyes , it is a game that is more important for David Moyes than for Sam Allardyce ...West Ham are virtually safe from the drop and another 3 pts should see them within range of that 40pts barrier ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:33 am

West Ham are virtually safe from the drop and another 3 pts should see them within range of that 40pts barrier ..

I'm sorry but i disagree that were virtually safe from the drop!
We have lost our last 2 games in a row and are very much still deep in the mire and have a lot of work to do.
If anybody thought we were almost clear after we won 4 in a row in February they are badly mistaken.

Man Utd always win against us at Upton Park and a certain Wayne Rooney seems to score against us for fun.
If we were to lose this badly and the other sides down at the bottom pick up more points we will soon be having sleepless nights again.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby GordonN » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:36 am

Conner99 wrote:despite the result last night for Man Utd I still think West Ham can win this game and put some pressure back on David Moyes , it is a game that is more important for David Moyes than for Sam Allardyce ...West Ham are virtually safe from the drop and another 3 pts should see them within range of that 40pts barrier ..

No luck to Moyes anyway. Van Persie may leave the field on a stretcher in next match. So i also think West Ham can win the game.
GordonN
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Did you know that Manchester United have lost none of the last 10 top-flight games against West Ham, winning nine.

Any predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Hams wrote:
West Ham are virtually safe from the drop and another 3 pts should see them within range of that 40pts barrier ..

I'm sorry but i disagree that were virtually safe from the drop!
We have lost our last 2 games in a row and are very much still deep in the mire and have a lot of work to do.
If anybody thought we were almost clear after we won 4 in a row in February they are badly mistaken.

Man Utd always win against us at Upton Park and a certain Wayne Rooney seems to score against us for fun.
If we were to lose this badly and the other sides down at the bottom pick up more points we will soon be having sleepless nights again.

you have to consider the other clubs though at the bottom , both Fulham and Cardiff have to get 8 pts to overtake you without you getting a single point and you have a game in hand on both of them , but remember I did say `virtually` ...so there is a possibility West Ham could get dragged back into the relegation battle , but I cannot see that happening .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:18 am

I guess RVP's long term injury announcement will go some way to cheering up Hammers fans, the man who got a hat trick in the CL won't be scoring tomorrow.

West Ham have the wherewithal to stop Man United, it is a question of belief. After the 19th century display against Chelsea surely they can stop the poorest Man United side in the past twenty years?

After the Liverpool thrashing Man United beat Olympiakos in a far from convincing display as far as I'm concerned. It was a plaster over a gaping wound. The turning point of their season? My arse.

I was very tempted to call this one a scoring draw, but sometimes stats get into the heads of players and fans alike, which then leads to a self fulfilling prophecy. For that reason I'm going with West Ham 1 Man Utd 2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Seamus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Maybe the midweek result has bought about a sense of false hope but I am expecting a good United win. No RVP but Rooney is on great form and Wellbeck can hit the goal on occasion! . 2-0
Seamus

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:42 pm

What a goal by Rooney, even if it did look like a foul by him on Tomkins before scoring. Some sketchy defending from West Ham in the opening skirmishes, they need to get it sorted as they are giving Man Utd too many easy chances.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Well, a couple of pieces of individual opportunism by Rooney is the difference at half time. You feel West Ham needed a goal first half if they were to stand a chance of getting back into this game. Frankly, from what I've seen so far, game over.

Not so much that Man United are brilliant, more that West Ham have made it easier than it should be for them. Too many unforced errors, not enough belief and determination.

That Manager of the Month award - it's death!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Aside from the football, I think this game raises a couple of questions:

1) Is Rooney's hair transplant beginning to leave a new bald patch? He has already burned in excess of £20K in hiding his receding hairline, just do a Charlton comb over mate!

2) Beckham didn't seem to be doing a lot of cheering when Man Utd scored. Has old 'Golden Balls' forgotten the club that made him, or was he there supporting a club just down the road from where he was born?

These are more interesting questions than the game itself. One shot on target from West Ham, two goals from Man Utd, that's all you need to know.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Seamus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:27 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:2) Beckham didn't seem to be doing a lot of cheering when Man Utd scored. Has old 'Golden Balls' forgotten the club that made him, or was he there supporting a club just down the road from where he was born?

To be fair to Becks he was smiling when Rooney scored the first goal, but then he covered his mouth so he may have been muttering 'I did that at the age 21 from further back you little .!'.

As you say West Ham made it easier than it should have been for united but that has been the case with most of our wins this season. Are we seeing the green shoots of recover here?. With Arsenal getting thumped that leaves just a slender 11 points between us and 4th place with City to play on Tuesday - Easy! :shock:
Seamus

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 pm

I haven't seen the highlights of this game yet but very disappointed to hear that Rooney scored from the half way line.

The Hammers are slipping back even further into the mire and have now lost 3 in a row and need to bloody wake up FFS.

Maybe some of our players thought we were safe when we won 4 in a row in Feb but I always knew we were still in trouble.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:56 pm

what helps you though is that all the other clubs at the bottom also lost , so it is as you were so to speak .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Yep, West Ham will stay up. They ain't the best team, but there are worse in the league. A win, or even a draw, against Man United before this season would have been seen as a coupon buster. They'll stay up.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:14 pm

blatant foul on Tomkins before the first goal, dreadful refereeing to allow that to stand. the 'keeper was also flapping around like a mug and should have done much better.

the whole performance was poor and, although Man United have an excellent away record, their backline looked there for the taking. however we barely troubled the keeper again and it made it an impossible task.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:14 pm

We only had one shot on target against a Man Utd defence that included Michael Carrick at centre back as they were low on numbers!

Have seen the highlights now and it looks like Rooney got lucky twice on Saturday with Noble's clearance kindly landing at his feet and he couldnt miss.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Boris » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:50 am

Orlando Engelaar goal > Wayne Rooney goal ;)
Boris
Legend
Legend

Return to Barclays Premier League