Cardiff v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Cardiff v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Cardiff were moments away from a well earned point against Everton , but a 90th minute goal from Seamus Coleman gave Everton a 2-1 win and the Bluebirds are now 3 pts from safety and have played a game more than their fellow strugglers at the bottom.

Liverpool showed they are serious title contenders after thumping Man Utd 3-0 at Old Trafford , Steven Gerrard may have missed making history as the first player to score a hatrick of penalties in the Premier League...but he wont mind after the win which left them just 4 pts behind Chelsea and with a game in hand .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:52 pm

If Liverpool play as well as they did at Man Utd last week they should win this game at Cardiff City very comfortably.

Cardiff 0-3 Liverpool
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:15 pm

It can be difficult for a team to come from a win in a 'big' tie like the one Liverpool had against Man United, and then deal with a side like Cardiff. The contrast couldn't be greater - a game against a hated 'big boy' rival of many years versus a game against a team soon to be relegated, probably never to appear in the top flight again while I have breath in my body.
This is the 'science' I'm applying to this game and why I'm calling it a close one.

Cardiff needed to get something from the Everton game, but in the style of a team on the slippery pole down to the Championship, they failed. They have won 3 of their last 20 games.

Luis Suarez alone has two more goals so far than the entire Cardiff team, surely a high flying Liverpool side cannot contemplate anything but a win at this point in the season against a side like Cardiff?

Cardiff 1 Liverpool 2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Disappointed I cant travel with the lads for this one ,but I'm hoping I can
meet them in celebratory mood tonight in Liverpool City Centre.

Like the Pickleman before me I think this will be a tight encounter with Cardiff
attempting to secure some much desired points ,but we must currently be one
of the best prepared sides in the league,as it matters not a jot whether you
defend against us or are foolish enough to open up the play,as our strikers in a
purely offensive sense are amongst the most exciting in Europe at the minute.

I expect us to once again play to Gerrards strengths ,with Sterling and Allen
providing the veritable epicentre of our play the utmost protection with their
selfless tracking back .

I think Rodgers should be applauded for the reinvention of Steven Gerrard ,because
the transformation in respect to his general importance to the team has been utterly
remarkable.....Joe Allen is now playing as well as when he first joined and was haled
by fans as the reds new metronome,and its his' Henderson' like energy that is keeping
the more defence minded Lucas on the bench.

I should have no qualms about the result ,but countless years of watching inexplicably
weak performances against sides we should be comfortably beating has made this
hardened old heart less impregnable than when it was filled with boundless optimism.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:06 pm

What a game, incredibly Cardiff looked the better team in the first 15 minutes and when they went ahead I'm guessing there were a few sweaty palms and dry throats in the Liverpool supporting ranks.

However, the equaliser was a brilliant display of quick counter attacking and pinpoint passing. It was a taste of things to come as that exciting attacking Liverpool line up decided to take charge and put a battling Cardiff to the sword.

Personally, I'm glad to see Liverpool win as I really don't want to see the Chavs triumph again with Mourinho. With Man City winning as well, it keeps the title racing simmering nicely.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Well done to Luis Suarez for drawing level with Robbie Fowler's record of 28 PL goals in one season.

To think that the Uruguyan was banned at start of the season shows how good he has been and he must be in contention for player of season?

Any more comments on Liverpool's 6-3 against Cardiff?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby redpelt » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Conceding three goals to possibly one the most profligate teams in the league
is disconcerting enough, but the manner in which we let them run our defence
witless was at times disturbingly familiar.

I just hope the lads up front that are carrying the burden of hauling this below
par bunch of misfits over the finishing line persist in taking their Vitamins ,because
this defence is doing its level best to ensure they have to pull the stops out every
game we play.....Agger yesterday was a shadow of the Classy Dane we all long to
see return to form ,and the rest were no better ,even the usually persistently excellent
Flanagan had a game he would do best to forget.

It needs sorting and sorting quickly ,as regularly sifting through the wreckage of our
goals against column looking for a sliver of comfort is becoming worryingly repetitive.

Sturridge and Suarez were simply 'class' ,I'd endeavour to scour my thesaurus for a
more apt description ,but sometimes it only takes one word to define their respective
quality.....Daniels back heel for Luis was so pure it was bathed in holy water.

Still second in the league and playing attacking football to the extent its terrifying
us travelling fans let alone our opponents..... Can we have a clean sheet against
the Mackem's because this old heart can do with less scarring,before being gloriously
jump started by the potency of our clinical strikers. :arrow: :wink:
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Cardiff are a shitty little club with a manager who is every bit as unlikeable so i am enjoying their slow demise.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Steely Hill wrote:Cardiff are a shitty little club with a manager who is every bit as unlikeable so i am enjoying their slow demise.

I think Solskjaer's complete lack of character is now becoming more noticeable than Tan's
lack of dress sense ,and his qualities less visible than Tan's waistline.

redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm

redpelt wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:Cardiff are a shitty little club with a manager who is every bit as unlikeable so i am enjoying their slow demise.

I think Solskjaer's complete lack of character is now becoming more noticeable than Tan's
lack of dress sense ,and his qualities less visible than Tan's waistline.

:lol:

they say a picture says a thousand words and that is the proof right there.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League