Tottenham v Southampton.

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Southampton.

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Tottenham lost their last PL game 1-0 at home to rivals Arsenal in the North London derby
It was a much better display from Spurs and it could be said they were unlucky not to at least get a draw.

Southampton won their last match 4-2 at home against Norwich to continue their fine season.
The Saints did suffer a 2nd half scare when Hughton's side pulled back 2 goals but scored late to wrap up the points.

Any predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:55 am

Southampton are a decent side and I remember the very difficult game they gave us at home last season (when our side looked a lot more convincing than they do now). However, I think we can beat them at WHL. As much as I don't like to admit it this team is more our size in terms of opposition than the last four games. With Liverpool coming up a win here would be very welcome.

Southampton continue to play well despite being in a place where essentially they have nothing to play for except pride (there again nor do we!). Never an easy side to break down, I expect a stern examination in every area of the park.

I'm going for a 2-0 home win here, the season is over for us but the pressure on Tottenham to perform will not diminish. There is no reason for the players to go into this with anything other than a 'must win' attitude.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Teams

Tottenham:
Loris; Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Chadli, Dembele, Eriksen; Soldado

subs: Friedel, Dawson, Fryers, Paulinho, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Kane

Southampton:
Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Cork, Ward-Prowse, S. Davis, Lallana (c), Rodriguez, Lambert

subs: Gazzaniga (GK), Yoshida, Ramirez, Chambers, Hooiveld, Reed, Gallagher.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:26 pm

HT

Spurs 1-2 Saints

0-1 - Rodriguez 19'

0-2 - Lallana 28'

1-2 Eriksen 31'

Southampton started first half very well and go in in front at the break.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:56 pm

FT

Tottenham 3-2 Southampton
0-1 Rodriguez 19'
0-2 Lallana 28'
1-2 Eriksen 31'
2-2 Eriksen 46'
3-2 Sigurdsson 90+1

Spurs comeback from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in injury time and keep their faint CL hopes alive.

Any comments on Tottenham's win?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:37 pm

The result was never in doubt! Superb fight back from the mighty Spurs and a much needed win to cheer us Tottenham fans up.Bringing on Siggurson seemed to make the difference, a very good sub by Sherwood.A close game, Southampton could have stolen it towards the end but thems the breaks.
I was impressed with Chadli, who is growing into his role. Big powerful
midfielder who can win the ball, hold it up, and make a telling pass. Pretty pleased with the result and second half performance.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm

some of the funniest defending you'll see all season in this game. absolutely hilarious viewing.

almost as funny was Tiger Tim thinking he'd won the world cup, or at least that's how it looked.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Well ,well well , the FA turn yet another blind eye when they when they wish to.
How Sherwood was allow dot be on the touchline after assaulting Sagna with the football in his last outing i don't know. It was the very definition of violent conduct in my eyes.
Good to see Moussa make a rare appearance in this one even if was for only a half.But i really don't know why Spurs are going to sub him off and play Chadli and Benteleb together ,they are almost identical in ability and very average relatively speaking .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:58 pm

specnur wrote:Well ,well well , the FA turn yet another blind eye when they when they wish to.
How Sherwood was allow dot be on the touchline after assaulting Sagna with the football in his last outing i don't know. It was the very definition of violent conduct in my eyes.

it was obvious nothing was going to happen, as i said in the relevant match thread.

you can draw your own conclusions as to why it was so obvious.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:12 am

Now then gents, try to be gracious in defeat. Tottenham have only gone and defeated a side brimming with England players on their way to Brazil in the summer! What more do you want?

Bow the knee and admit that Tim Sherwood is king (don't give him Manager of the Month award though, that rarely seems to work out).

Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:33 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:Now then gents, try to be gracious in defeat. Tottenham have only gone and defeated a side brimming with England players on their way to Brazil in the summer! What more do you want?

Bow the knee and admit that Tim Sherwood is king (don't give him Manager of the Month award though, that rarely seems to work out).

:lol:

to be fair, even West Ham beat that mob. ;-)
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League