Man Utd v Bayern Munich - 1st April

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Man Utd v Bayern Munich - 1st April

Postby Hams » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:53 pm

In the last round Man Utd came from 2-0 down in the 1st Leg to beat Olympiakos 3-0 thanks to a hat trick from RVP.

Bayern Munich had an easy 2-0 win at Arsenal in last round but were made to work harder in 2nd Leg in a 1-1 draw.

The Red Devils will need to defeat the German champions and go on to win the CL if they want to play in next years comp.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:32 am

..I think this will be a one sided game..
something like Manchester United 0-4 Bayern Munich

..could be also 1-4 or 1-3 with Manchester United scoring after a corner or a freekick, but I think Bayern will go for a couple of goals in the first leg, so they can chill in the 2nd leg like they did against Arsenal...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Bren10 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:19 am

Don't see much hope for Utd, maybe they can surprise with a smash and grab but itll be an extremely uncomfortable night for Utd supporters tonight.
Bren10

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:26 pm

The ONLY reason i don;t see much hope for United is because they are habitual bottlers against big named European sides!
Because in my option they have the players that could terrorize Bayern ,it's s simple as that! This is the team i would beat Bayern with if i was manager.

De Gae,
Ferdinand Vidic Evra Rafael
Fletcher Valencia or Carrick
Januzaj Mata Kagawa Nani

Rooney

I would chose Valencia over Carrick only because he is better defensively and quicker. But Carrick is the more intelligent player so i would give them a half each.
I would have to have a word i Valencia's ear before the game and tell him make the right decision at all times or you will be off!
And i would walk out onto that pitch with a great amount of confidence. However Moyes is in charge and we'll probably end up with
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:51 pm

teams usually have only 11 players specs :)
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Simply wrote:teams usually have only 11 players specs :)

My fault, omit Januzaj until the second half and start Valencia.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Bren10 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Not to mention Mata is cup tied, Evra is suspended and Rafael is injured. :D
Bren10

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Teams

Manchester United:
De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Büttner, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Giggs, Rooney, Welbeck

subs: Lindegaard, Hernandez, Nani, Young, Fletcher, Januzaj, Kagawa

Bayern Munich:
Neuer; Rafinha, Boateng, Martinez, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Kroos, Robben, Muller, Ribery

subs: Starke, Van Buyten, Shaqiri, Götze, Højbjerg, Mandžukić, Pizarro.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:55 pm

..woah .. Gotze on the bench and no real Striker in the starting lineup of Bayern Munich...
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:34 pm

HT

Man Utd 0-0 Bayern

What a chance that was for Welbeck! Why didnt he just shoot though instead of trying to lob the ball over Neuer?

Fellaini was useless in first half and just kept giving ball away,
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conaldinho » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Comfortable enough for United so far, Bayern with plenty of the ball but never looking like doing anything with it. The defence looks dodgy as well with simple long balls up the middle causing a few problems. Horrible miss from Wellbeck, hopefully they won't regret it
Conaldinho
World Class
World Class

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Hams wrote:HT

Man Utd 0-0 Bayern

What a chance that was for Welbeck! Why didnt he just shoot though instead of trying to lob the ball over Neuer?

Fellaini was useless in first half and just kept giving ball away,
^

not only Fellaini... at least he tried :lol: ..

I'm pretty surprised it's still 0-0, but Bayern tried to carry the ball into the net... Guardiola should consider to bring Mandzukic... seems to me they need a guy who finally shoots the ball :lol:
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Seamus » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Hams wrote:HT

Man Utd 0-0 Bayern

As he went one on one with the keeper I was thinking 'don't f*ck it up!' - I shouldn't have got my hopes up!.

If we can keep it 0-0 by 80 minutes I think Moyes will literally park the team bus in front of the goal or get the players to form a human pyramid in front of De Gea.
Seamus

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:03 pm

..what a shock for Bayern Munich :D ... I knew that Manchester United would possibly score after a corner :lol:

Kagawa should have started instead off Giggs.. he immediately had some impact on this game..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby redpelt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Superbly taken goal from Bayern ,expertly put on a plate by Mandzukic for Schweinsteiger
to sweetly volley home.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:42 pm

FT

Man Utd 1-1 Bayern Munich
1-0 Vidic 58'
1-1 Schweinsteiger 66’

Sent off - Schweinsteiger

Any comments on tonights 1-1 draw at Old Trafford?

Was it a fair result?

Is there still all to play for in the 2nd leg?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 pm

So Bayern take an away goal from Old Trafford ,so the onus is on United to be
more attacking in the next leg.

Disgraceful dive by Rooney ,which sees Schweinsteiger miss the next match
a tad unfair you would think , especially when we have seen Valencia escaping
a second yellow card after charging in with both feet leaving the floor.

I think the game at the Allianz will be much more open,they certainly wont be
able to play 9 men behind the ball in that encounter.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Simply » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 pm

You have to give Manchester credit for that defensive performance.. they looked a lot more solid back there than I have expected..

Bayern will be very disappointed with their performance, but there were too many players who have been to shy to try for the goal.. the dominance was there, the final shot on the goal was not...

Schweinsteiger played a brilliant 2nd half though until he got sent off...Ribery was massive the whole time.. Robben with a lot of effort, but with no aim :lol: .. not the best performances from Alaba and Rafinha... Kroos and Muller have been invisible, that's why they got replaced... Boateng was very good and almost scored with a this huge hammer from 35m :lol: ...Martinez had not a good game.. he was very unsecure at times against Wellbeck...
I don't know why Guardiola often tries without Mandzukic.. this was another game where you immediately noticed his presence...

.. Neuer was worldclass :!: .. he's incredbibly good in intercepting long balls early and that save against Wellbeck was outstanding...

..as for the other side it doesn't make sense to go into player details a lot.. the Manchester United Defence was very solid, but there was little to no attacking effort.. only Wellbeck was dangerous at times in the first half... in the 2nd half it was Kagawa who carried them upfront but then the rest of the pack always bottled it big time... where was Rooney??
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 pm

MOYES , Grade A bottler! No Mata ,no kagawa ,no Januzaj! %0 year Giggs and Afro thunder clogging up the middle of the park! If Bayern don't roast this team i'll be shocked.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Ant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:59 pm

specnur wrote:MOYES , Grade A bottler! No Mata ,no kagawa ,no Januzaj! %0 year Giggs and Afro thunder clogging up the middle of the park! If Bayern don't roast this team i'll be shocked.

Mata is cup-tied after playing for Chelsea in the CL this season.
Ant
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League