Everton v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Everton v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Everton moved closer to a Champions League spot after a 3-1 win at bottom club Fulham , the result put the Toffees just 4 pts behind Arsenal who occupy that 4th place ..they do have a game in hand though over the Gunners so the match this weekend is going to be crucial for Roberto Martinez ..who said the he would get Everton into the Champions League ..his comments after the match .."With the points we have, we have a realistic chance to fight for that aim , I'm not saying we're going to get that because we admire Arsenal. They get in the Champions League consistently."It will probably go down to the last game of the season".

Arsenal had to settle for a 1-1 draw against Man City at the Emirates and their title chance ar probably all but gone , they will however need to focus on their match against Everton who can still catch the Gunners and beat them to that 4th spot in the table ...manager Arsene Wenger will have to respond as they did against Man City to make sure they dont miss out on next seasons competition .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:00 am

I have a feeling that Everton will be more up for this than Arsenal who dont now look like they will finish in the top 4.

Everton 1-0 Arsenal
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:14 pm

I can't miss watching tis game ,i should be touching down in London at around 12 noon so hopefully i can get to a pub where they are showing it in time. I just cannot miss this one,massive game . I think it will be a war to be honest and that scares me with the injuries we already have . Close battle but i think our quality will squeak it 1-2 Arsenal.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Re: Everton v Arsenal

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Conner99 wrote:Arsenal had to settle for a 1-1 draw against Man City at the Emirates and their title chance ar probably all but gone.

Excellent stuff mate, only a fan would insert the word 'probably' in that sentence.

Everton have defied expectations by staying strong and winning games in the second half of the season. Martinez has been something of a revelation, Everton fans must be loving it. Hard to beat, especially at home, we might see two Merseyside clubs in the top four come May.

Arsenal showed some character and resilience in the second half against Man City, I expected them to lose but they gave as good as they got against the Manchester side. They will travel to Everton with renewed belief after a hiding from Chelsea and a home draw with Swansea.

A tight game is the forecast, Everton 1 Arsenal 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Did you know that Arsenal have won just three of their last 10 Barclays Premier League matches (W3 D4 L3), taking just 13 points from the last 30 available.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Teams

Everton:
Howard, Baines, Distin, Stones, Coleman, McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Naismith, Mirallas, Lukaku

subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Barkley, Garbutt, Alcaraz

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Cazorla, Rosicky, Podolski, Giroud

subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Bellerin, Ramsey, Sanogo, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kallstrom
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:20 pm

HT

Everton 2-0 Arsenal

Naismith

Lukaku

The Toffees are well worth half time lead while Gunners have been rubbish.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Well this was not in the script, Arsenal 2 down and getting outplayed. They will need an awful lot more to salvage this one in the second half.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:28 pm

FT

Everton 3-0 Arsenal
1-0 Naismith 14’
2-0 Lukaku 34’
3-0 Arteta 61’ (o.g.)

The Toffees are now just 1 point behind Arsenal and have a game in hand!

It was a pathetic performance from the Gunners who were outplayed by Everton in all departments.

Maybe it would help if there were some English/British players in the team as all these foreigners dont have any bottle.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Simply » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Hams wrote:Maybe it would help if there were some English/British players in the team as all these foreigners dont have any bottle.

instead of being helpful that would rather result in a quality drop :? ..
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Simply wrote:
Hams wrote:Maybe it would help if there were some English/British players in the team as all these foreigners dont have any bottle.

instead of being helpful that would rather result in a quality drop :? ..

NO, Everton have a good mix of English/British and foreigners and it hasnt done them any harm, they could soon be in 4th position.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:03 pm

I can’t for the life of me understand how such a clueless and spineless manager can be so highly rated in the world of football. Lets face it, with the players we had 98-04 we severely underachieved. At least the one crumb of comfort is that I really feel were in the last days of his reign.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Another thumping for Arsenal, I guess it is another cue for Wenger to make this his last season in charge?
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Pokerkings wrote:I can’t for the life of me understand how such a clueless and spineless manager can be so highly rated in the world of football. Lets face it, with the players we had 98-04 we severely underachieved. At least the one crumb of comfort is that I really feel were in the last days of his reign.

well since 2004 , it is the longest rebuilding process I have ever heard of ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Well that was painful to watch. I'm sure the likes of Poker were delighted to see us crumble once more though.

I'll admit it's becoming more and more difficult to stand by Wenger each week that goes by, but I'm willing to see where we finish at the end of the season - and I still stick by what I've said in the past; the grass isn't always greener. Replacing Wenger with someone of the ilk of Martinez would be very risky and could end badly.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:34 am

I didn't watch the entire game as i was in transit grabbed the lat 25 minutes of the first half and the first 10 of the second half ,and it was pathetic. It pretty much reflected the the lack of confidence i had inlayers such Mertesaker ,Podolski when they were bought and the inability of Sagna in his last 3 season at the club. Also how Wenger's reluctance to safeguard against yet another late season drop has tarnished his reputation. I expected this type of form ,but i didn't expect to lose to Everton quite frankly ,primarily because we got the better technical ability. But Everton to their credit played like it was the champions league spot on the line and arsenal players did not. I actually think we'll finish ahead of Everton to be honest ,but that doesn't change my disgust over this result. I think anyone who thinks Everton will finish above us come the end if the season ,has just fell victim to the media hype and not looked at the actual remaining fixtures! imbeciles!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pokerkings » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:55 am

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:Well that was painful to watch. I'm sure the likes of Poker were delighted to see us crumble once more though.

I'll admit it's becoming more and more difficult to stand by Wenger each week that goes by, but I'm willing to see where we finish at the end of the season - and I still stick by what I've said in the past; the grass isn't always greener. Replacing Wenger with someone of the ilk of Martinez would be very risky and could end badly.

Even though he's just been schooled by him........again?

I wouldn't suggest replacing Le Clown with Ricky Martinez, but you could now probably guess with the resources Arsenal have, even he could do a better job than Wenger, and Everton are in a financial Apocalypse! let alone some manager with real pedigree.

As I mentioned in previous posts, even before this 'routine collapse' it's not that I'm 'delighted' to us crumble 'once more' It's that i've been saying it for seasons.

Specs blames the players, but this is been happening at Arsenal under every Wenger team for the last 9 years now. Even when we has Nasri, Cesc and Van Persie in the squad he still couldn't get them motivated enough in the business end of the season.

The bloke is a liability at Arsenal and now you're finally starting to see it.

Look at the difference, it was the same at Chelsea, Wenger just sits there, clueless and spineless while Ricky was standing up and giving clear instructions to his players, the difference is so noticeable.

As I said though, even the Wenger lovers are now starting to finally see the cracks and I get the feeling his time is almost up.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Simply » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:55 am

specnur wrote:It pretty much reflected the the lack of confidence i had inlayers such Mertesaker ,Podolski when they were bought

.. I'm not a fan of Mertesacker too, but he plays a very good season and none of the goals really were his fault.. but I agree that this was not a good performance yesterday..

.. it's funny that you mention Podolski though, because I thought he did better than all the rest of his team :?
Simply
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 am

specnur wrote:players such Mertesaker ,Podolski

classic specnur that, scapegoating the Germans.

i hear Ozil was also non-existant on the pitch as well during this game.

obviously just a coincidence that this plummet in form occurs while the 'owl faced German' dwells on the treatment table. :wink:
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 am

Pokerkings wrote:
Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:Well that was painful to watch. I'm sure the likes of Poker were delighted to see us crumble once more though.

Even though he's just been schooled by him........again?

I wouldn't suggest replacing Le Clown with Ricky Martinez, but you could now probably guess with the resources Arsenal have, even he could do a better job than Wenger, and Everton are in a financial Apocalypse! let alone some manager with real pedigree.

As I mentioned in previous posts, even before this 'routine collapse' it's not that I'm 'delighted' to us crumble 'once more' It's that i've been saying it for seasons.

Specs blames the players, but this is been happening at Arsenal under every Wenger team for the last 9 years now. Even when we has Nasri, Cesc and Van Persie in the squad he still couldn't get them motivated enough in the business end of the season.

The bloke is a liability at Arsenal and now you're finally starting to see it.

Look at the difference, it was the same at Chelsea, Wenger just sits there, clueless and spineless while Ricky was standing up and giving clear instructions to his players, the difference is so noticeable.

As I said though, even the Wenger lovers are now starting to finally see the cracks and I get the feeling his time is almost up.

There's no 'finally starting to see it', Poker. If you look back at my posts a year ago or further back I was probably even further critical of Wenger than I have been recently.

It is frustrating but what it comes down to for me is who we can replace him with. Here is where specnur will most likely disagree with me, but if a Guardiola or a Klopp becomes available than that I would consider as a viable option.

After a FA Cup victory would be the perfect time for Wenger to step down, it'd be a big shame if he ever had to leave after such a bad run.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League