Tottenham v Sunderland

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Sunderland

Postby Conner99 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Tottenham look like missing out on a place in Europe after a 4-0 hammering by Liverpool at Anfield , with the 5-0 defeat by Liverpool at White Hart Lane it is clear they have trouble against the top four , having taken only 1 pt this season against them . The question about whether manager Tim Sherwood is still here at the end of the season is unclear ..but he had this to say after the game .."bloody hell" ...***may not be strictly true***

Derland were beaten 2-1 by West Ham and the home fans will be getting increasingly worried as they realise the games are running out for their team to escape the drop ..Derland remain stuck in the bottom three and are 4 pts from safety ...they still have two games in hand on their rivals ..but they need to win those to have a realistic chance of staying up ..manager Gus Poyet was defiant though as he said after the match .."We are not going to give up, we have shown tonight that we will not give up."If I see a team out there not trying and not putting effort in I will leave straight away, I did not see that and we will continue fighting ."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:02 am

Tim Sherwood's merry men appear to have given up turning out for him but should still beat relegation bound Derland.

Spurs 2-0 Derland
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:02 pm

A poor performance by Spurs at Liverpool, right from kick off they looked like a team lacking belief and, if I'm honest, a team lacking a game plan. The Tottenham fans will expect something better against Sunderland, and if our players put in an honest shift they should get it. Adebayor is available, Chiriches and Paulinho are back in contention, Soldado and Vertonghen out but I'm not so sure their absence will make any difference. If Sherwood is not already a dead man walking (and lets be honest he is), anything but a win against the Mackems will only make his impending departure more certain.

Sunderland are on a bad run, West Ham probably drove the final nail in the coffin earlier this week. Even if they get a win against Spurs they have a fixture list from hell in the final weeks of the season. Saying that, they have every motivation to win while Spurs are playing for pride only.

Tottenham 1 Sunderland 0
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:20 pm

FT

Tottenham 5-1 Sunderland
0-1 Cattermole 17'
1-1 Adebayor 28’
2-1 Kane 59’
3-1 Eriksen 78’
4-1 Adebayor 86’
5-1 Sigurdsson 90’

It was a fine display by Spurs for their soon to be sacked manager Tim Sherwood.

Christian Eriksen in particular had a brilliant game.

As for Sunderland they look doomed to relegation now and even Gus Poyet admits they need a miracle to stay up.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Re: Tottenham v Sunderland

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:13 am

Unable to post for a couple of days, I feel it is well nigh time I sung the praises of the mighty Spurs. OK, it was Sunderland and they were rubbish, but five goals at WHL? Been a long time since that happened!
Whatever happens this summer we have got to keep hold of Eriksen. Classy player, one small highlight from a forgettable season.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:46 am

sunderland are gone.

there's no coming back from this.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:47 pm

Steely Hill wrote:sunderland are gone.

there's no coming back from this.

I wonder if they will regret getting rid of Paolo Di Canio?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League