Tottenham v QPR - 24th Aug - 1.30pm

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v QPR - 24th Aug - 1.30pm

Postby Conner99 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Tottenham had a good start to their league campaign as they won 1-0 at Upton Park , a 90th minute goal by defender Eric Dier on his Tottenham debut left West Ham stunned and new manager Mauricio Pochettino delighted ...he said after the match "Fue una victoria importante. Quiero decir felicitaciones a mis jugadores porque fue una gran actuación. "Fue un gran gol de Eric Dier. Mostró, y nos mostró, que somos ambiciosos. Jugamos como un equipo y eso es importante."

OPR found life in the Premier League as tough as ever as they went down 1-0 to Hull ....it was not the start that manager Harry Redknap would have hoped for ..and their record of 4 wins from their last 40 Premier League games does not make good reading ..Harry Redknapp remained positive though..he said after the game "Some days it just doesn't go your way"

That's the spirit Harry ..!
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Re: Tottenham v QPR

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Pochettino translation: It was an important victory. I want to say congratulations to my players because it was a great performance. It was a great goal from Eric Dier. Showed us that we are ambitious. Played as a team and that's important.

Thank you Google translate!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Re: Tottenham v QPR

Postby Conner99 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:Pochettino translation: It was an important victory. I want to say congratulations to my players because it was a great performance. It was a great goal from Eric Dier. Showed us that we are ambitious. Played as a team and that's important.

Thank you Google translate!

...ha ha ..I wondered if someone would do that ...the wonders of the internet . :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Re: Tottenham v QPR - 24th Aug - 1.30pm

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 am

:lol:

Pochettino did his post game press conference entirely in english, as it happens.

what sort of reception can we expect for Mr Redknapp?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:23 pm

well I think he did a decent job at Tottenham ..so I don't see why he would get any stick from the crowd .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Conner99 wrote:well I think he did a decent job at Tottenham ..so I don't see why he would get any stick from the crowd .

Well it isn't just Harry, but the Tottenham legend Glenn Hoddle as well. I don't think there will be anything too negative towards Harry, and Hoddle will always be welcome at WHL. Personally, I've nothing against Redknapp, he did pretty well with the team and may well have done better with the £100 million investment in players last season if he had still been around.

Back to the game, Spurs were poor against West Ham last week but I'm not overly concerned about that. It is going to take time for Pochettino to suss out the players he wants, and get them playing the system he favours. There are some glowing embers of hope for Tottenham fans - Lamela had a decent game in Europe, Harry Kane is a promising young striker, even Bob Soldado has scored in open play already this season. The defence, though, has to be a concern still.

QPR are perhaps another team still building, with new players and a new coach in the shape of Hoddle. I fancy them to stay up, and play some decent football along the way. They created chances against Hull, and probably deserved a point. I'm hoping they are still a bit 'undercooked' at this early stages of the campaign.

The stats point to a home win, I'll go with Tottenham 2 QPR 0
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Very poor display by QPR, so it is hard to assess where Tottenham are at the moment. I enjoyed the game in sunny North London, Lamela has improved and I like Dier a lot. The game against Liverpool will be a better gauge of the progress under Pochettino. Nuff said, can't complain about a 4-0 thumping. Top of the league! :D
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 am

I havent seen the highlights of this one yet but from what i've heard on the radio Harry Redknapp was glued to his seat all game and did little to inspire his side.
What sort of reception did he get from the home faithful?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:51 am

Hams wrote:What sort of reception did he get from the home faithful?

There wasn't a single boo from the crowd that I could hear Hams. I honestly don't think there are Spurs fans with grudge against him. The football was good to watch when he was in charge, though having Bale in the team made a hell of a difference as well.

I was surprised that he didn't get out of his seat at any point, because the QPR players were just sitting back and letting Spurs dominate. They need a massively different attitude (never mind skill and ability) if they are going to survive. They were rubbish, and although they slightly improved in the second half when they switched to a back four, they let their fans down badly. Getting beat is one thing, but your team not putting up a fight is never easy to watch.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:58 am

Solid win, another clean sheet was the most pleasing part IMO. We have had so many serious injuries in our backline in the last season or so it would be great to get some consistency back there.

Our midfield has so many options and potential this season, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 pm

nice to have you posting again ...not so nice seeing Tottenham top of the table .. :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League