Best fans in England

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Who has the best fans?

Leeds
27%
Newcastle
23%
Liverpool
41%
Man U
9%

Total votes : 22

Best fans in England

Postby Donkey08 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:42 pm

who do you think has the best fans in england?

options:
Leeds - Not bieng biased i think before all the troubles with leeds we had some of the best fans, and after all the club and the fans have been through other the last few years it is amazing how strong the support has remained and how loyal the fans are, there is always a good atmosphere at elland road and we always sell our full away allocation and liven up all the stadiums we visit, and at wembley our support was brilliant, we sold every ticket for our end and half of doncasters tickets in the other end, even after the game when we lost there were leeds fans singing and keeping an atmosphere, no matter what happens at leeds they will always have the fans at there side.

Newcastle - newcastle never really do well in the premier league but probably have the most loyal supporters in the premiership, the ground is always full and there always seems to be a good atmosphere in the ground.

Liverpool - liverpool fans have to be the best in the premiership, they are the most vocal fans in the prem and anfield has one of the best atmospheres in europe, i thought in istanbul the liverpool support was magnificant, to be 3-0 down at half time the supporters rallied behind there team and probably contributed a great deal towards liverpools cokmeback.

Man U - They get good attendences.
Donkey08
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:16 am

I voted for Newcastle. Their fans are just what any player can wish for ,they are as die hard as you are going to find.Big B*stards too if a may say so ,scary actually.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Re: Best fans in England

Postby Becks THFC » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:28 am

Donkey08 wrote:be a good atmosphere in the ground

Wrong.

Man U - They get good attendences.

I wouldn't really have United in there. Yes they get good attendences, but how many are genuine United fans? Most are either tourists, cockneys or Irish. I'd say City have better support then United. Can't imagine many United fans sticking with their team over the years of shitness that City have.

Leeds deserve a mention, not many clubs that have fallen from the Premiership to League 2 would still get crowds of 30k +
Becks THFC
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Geordie JJ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:59 am

It is not Newcastle
Geordie JJ
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Roonanialdo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:08 am

Jeez....what a limited choice......yorkshire puddings, the scouse and geordies.....oh yes...and the 'creme de la creme'............if they weren't there i would vote for the geordies.....my own preference is West Ham.
Roonanialdo
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby rrrrRonaldinho » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:18 am

No prawn sandwiches for me, so I gone for Leeds.

With more options....Pompey is the pick. Although from the sounds of it, not towards the end of last season.
rrrrRonaldinho

Postby Hams » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:16 am

Roonanialdo wrote:Jeez....what a limited choice......yorkshire puddings, the scouse and geordies.....oh yes...and the 'creme de la creme'............if they weren't there i would vote for the geordies.....my own preference is West Ham.

I'm surprised at your preference but pleased you think so highly of us......

We havent won a trophy since 1980 but we are still proud of our club and our history.

My vote goes to Portsmouth....They only have a small ground but make the most noise!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Geordie JJ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Newcastle can be great but that has sort of disappeared over the last few years. Instead of getting behind our team we would turn on them and constantly criticise them. However, things have changed for the better since Keegan has returned and change has been massive. Hopefully this can continue next year and we will fully support our team for the full season. We get over 50,000 per match but that doesn't mean we make the most noise. Man City changed grounds from Main Road to City of Manchester Stadium and they make no more noise than they used to. Size does not always matter :lol:

I think it is hard to say who is the 'best'. People can say that there is a poor atmosphere in the newcastle games but how many times do you see them each year? It's the same with good atmosphere, if you base it on one or two matches than its not really that fair.
Geordie JJ
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Donkey08 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:22 pm

Roonanialdo wrote:Jeez....what a limited choice......yorkshire puddings, the scouse and geordies.....oh yes...and the 'creme de la creme'............if they weren't there i would vote for the geordies.....my own preference is West Ham.

ive been to most grounds in england ive been to loads of prem grounds many times and ive never been blown away by the support from any team, now that i think about west ham, i think your right roo they do deserve a mention.
Donkey08
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Benraul » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:41 pm

You can not get a fair unbiased view with only four options. If anything makes it pointless as many people will not think any of the aoive deserve a mention. I thought Sunderland and Fulham had two of the loudest suport in the League last year?
Benraul
World Class
World Class

Postby G_Man » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Portsmouth for me.

Leeds your being biased because then i could go and say carlisle, no matter what league carlisle are in they will have a big support even in a small area.
G_Man
Banned
Banned

Postby Donkey08 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:14 pm

G_Man wrote:Portsmouth for me.

Leeds your being biased because then i could go and say carlisle, no matter what league carlisle are in they will have a big support even in a small area.

carlisle dont have a big support, they have a big suport in carlisle and the are around carlisle, leeds have a big support all over britain and around the world, im not just saying its because of the league they are in.
Donkey08
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Benraul wrote:I thought Sunderland and Fulham had two of the loudest suport in the League last year?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the only sound you get at fulham is the sound of their fan dropping their glass of white wine while the 'footie' commences.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby G_Man » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:16 pm

No point in debating this with you as your just going to be biased. when we had fan zhiyi at dundee we were one of the biggest supported teams in the world, thats old news mind you.

Look at the support leeds brought up to carlisle in the playoff compared to what carlisle did down in leeds. A tad embarrising for leeds.
G_Man
Banned
Banned

Postby Donkey08 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:19 pm

G_Man wrote:No point in debating this with you as your just going to be biased. when we had fan zhiyi at dundee we were one of the biggest supported teams in the world, thats old news mind you.

Look at the support leeds brought up to carlisle in the playoff compared to what carlisle did down in leeds. A tad embarrising for leeds.

you idiot leeds sold out there allocation at carlisle thats just how many tickets were available, carlisle didnt even sell out there full allocation there was empty seats in there away end!! thats Sh!t support if u ask me.
Donkey08
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby G_Man » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:21 pm

Getting personal calling me an idiot now. Like i said useless debating with you. Leeds in this poll is a disgrace.
Not what it says on the carlisle website about leeds selling out.
And no im not going to give some proof you can find it for yourself as my debate with you is over.
G_Man
Banned
Banned

Postby Donkey08 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:28 pm

G_Man wrote:Getting personal calling me an idiot now. Like i said useless debating with you. Leeds in this poll is a disgrace.
And no im not going to give some proof you can find it for yourself as my debate with you is over.

carlisle had empty seats in there stadium, they didnt even sell out in there home ground for the playoffs, thats pathetic. and leeds sold out there allocation cos i tried to get one but guess what, they had sold out! t0sser.
Donkey08
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Sparkyjinx » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:18 pm

Leeds?

When I think of Leeds fans I think of their running riots along the Bournemouth beach front.

No offence meant here Donks, but I'd put them alongside your Cardiff's and Millwall's - that sort of 'no one likes us we don't care' attitude.
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Postby paul » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:33 pm

g man shut up ya fool.leeds fans are loyal and loud and thats what you want from your fans.newcastle are also and liverpool are amazing.as for the allocation with the playoff semi final.ya dont know what your talking about...man united shouldnt be there.went to united and reading last year and there was fook all reading supporters and that was all you could hear.id have villa fans in there.
paul

Postby YoBBo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:37 pm

Donkey08 wrote:
G_Man wrote:Getting personal calling me an idiot now. Like i said useless debating with you. Leeds in this poll is a disgrace.

carlisle had empty seats in there stadium, they didnt even sell out in there home ground for the playoffs, thats pathetic. and leeds sold out there allocation cos i tried to get one but guess what, they had sold out! t0sser.

To be fair though Donks its not just about numbers, Tottenham apparently have like 30000+ on the waiting list for season tickets and no-one would think about putting them up there, as the fans in White Hart Lane do like a groan when things arent going to well. It does seem to inspire the players though.
YoBBo
World Class
World Class

Next

Return to General Football